Jump Superstars

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just stumbled across it, wondered if anyone had heard anything about it?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajsj/index.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/images1_4_10744.html

150 characters from 27 different Shonen Jump anime, supposedly smash bros style gameplay for the DS.
Including Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Eyeshield21 (YAY), One piece, HunterXHunter, Bobobo (not even gonna TRY to get the right numbers of "bos" right), Yu-Gi-Oh and tons more.

Is this the first the forums heard of it, or has it somehow passed me by?

Release Date Aug 08 (jap)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap, that looks cool.

I don't know if it'll reach the US, let alone Europe where I live. It looks like one of those games with characters nobody in the Western world has really heard of.. If you find some more info, let us know. It looks interesting.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"yoinked" from http://www.dsgaming.co.uk

"Jump Superstars is an anime based fighting game. The top screen is where all the fighting action is and the bottom seems to have comics all over. The bottom screen shows the cards in your “Manga Deck”.

Each player gets a different Manga Deck. When you touch parts of the deck with your finger, you can summon different cards to help you in battle. Different cards do different things in battle. An example is the “Battle Cards.” The battle cards change the character you are controlling into the guy on the card.

Another type of card is a “Support Card.” The support card sends out the guy on the card to help you out. This sometimes could be very helpful. Last, there is the “Help Card.” The help card can boost up the player’s stats. An example is speed. The bottom screen also contains helpful items you can use in battle.

The controls seem pretty simple. Y and B are used for regular weak and strong attacks, X to jump, and A to do one special move and the D-pad with A to do a 2nd move. Also, left and right is to move and down to guard.

The rules are that the players start off with 100 points and you have to fight your opponents to take points from them. The amount of points you take depends on how powerful the attacks are. A player can still play if he reaches 0 points, so to win the game, who ever has the most points when the time runs out wins.

In addition to your points, there is something called a “J-Damashii Meter.” The J-Damashii Meter goes down with special attacks and time. When the J-Damashii Meter is totally empty, you turn black and white and the other players can cause some serious damage to you. To get your J-Damashii Meter up, you have to make use of the items you find on the stage.

The game also has a lot of stages. An example of one is a pirate ship level with a lot of platforms to jump on. The graphics are more GBA style and 2D and not like Super Smash Bros. Although this game is 2D, this game is still has the kind of Super Smash Bros. game play.

Overall, if your into fighting style gaming or summoning cards then I would buy this one. If not, you might want to try this one out. We will be hoping to see this game in 2005. This is Mario92 with the news."

*edit* Video
Its best to mute the sound, it hurts your head after a while, and theres nothing to hear from the game anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
site said:
Welcome to GamesAreFun.com. You have attempted to view a video file through a direct link from a site which is commonly known as not GamesAreFun.com. That site should have directed you to the article in which the video can be found. We apologize for the inconvenience. To resolve the issue, we recommend yelling [furiously] at the person who posted the link and demand that a link to the article in which the video can be found be posted forthwith.

Good day sirs and madams.

Signed,
The obnoxious and occasionally humorous GAF staff.
omg you evil person don't do that again

anyway this game.. naruto, bleach, hunter x hunter and dbz packed into one game
I'm gonna get this..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol, sorry, It didnt say anywhere not to link...
http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/media.php?id=516
that work? if not, try
http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/game.php?gameid=21257

*edit* list of chars so far, but theres a lot of talk as to which are playable and which are support

" Full cast of the characters so far. Thanks to Genroh of Gamefaqs for the info.

DRAGON BALL Z
Son Goku (playable)
Super Saiyajin Goku (playable)
Vegeta (playable)
Gohan (young) (playable)
Piccolo (playable)
Kuririn (support)
Kamesenin (help)
Senzu Bean (item)
Gohan (adult) (?)

SHAMAN KING
Yoh Asakura (playable)
Anna Kyoyama (playable)
Hao Asakura & Spirit of Fire (support)

HIKARU NO GO
Hikaru Shindo & Fujiwara no Sai (support)

BLACK CAT
Train Heartnet (support)
Sven Vollfield (support)

YU-GI-OH!
Yugi Motou (playable)

RUROUNI KENSHIN
Kenshin Himura (playable)
Sanosuke Sagara (support)
Hajime Saito (support)

BUSOU RENKIN
Kazuki Mutou (playable)
Tokiko Tsumara (support)

YU YU HAKUSHO
Yusuke Urameshi (playable)
Kurama (support)
Hei (support)
Kazuma Kuwabara (help)

NARUTO
Naruto Uzumaki (playable)
Sasuke Uchiha (playable)
Sakura Haruno (playable)
Rock Lee (support)
Neji Hyuuga (support)
Hinata Hyuuga (support)
Shikamaru Nara (support)
Tsunade (help)

EYESHIELD 21
Sena Kobayakawa (support)
Hiruma Youichi (support)
Kurita Ryoukan (support)

ONE PIECE
Monkey D. Luffy (playable)
Roronoa Zoro (playable)
Nami (playable)
Sanji (playable)
Nico Robin (playable)
Usopp (support)
Tony Tony Chopper (support)

BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO
Bo-bobo (playable)
Don Pachi (playable)
Heppokomaru (support)
Tokoro Tennosuke (support)
Dengaku-Man (help)
Gyorai Girl (help)
Beauty (help)
Hatenkou (help)

DEATH NOTE
Light Yagami & Ryuuk (support)
L (support)

ICHIGO 100%
Aya Toujo (support)
Tsukasa Nishino (support)
Satsuki Kitaooji (support)
Yui Minamito (support)
Junpei Manaka (?)

MR. FULLSWING
Saruno Amakuni (support)

KOCHI KAME
Ryotsu Kankichi (playable)
Keiichi Nakagawa (support)
Reiko Akimoto (support)
Daijiro Ohara (support)
Honda (support)

PRINCE OF TENNIS
Ryotsu Echizen (support)
Shusuke Fuji (support)
Kunimitsu Tezuka (support)
Eiji Kikumaru (support)
Takeshi Momoshiro (support)
Shuichiro Oishi (support)
Kaoru Kondoh (support)

GINTAMA
Gintoki Sakata (playable)
Kagura (support)
Shinpachi Shimura (support)

D.GRAY-MAN
Allen Walker (playable)
Yuu Kanda (support)

KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Tsunayoshi Sawada & Reborn (playable)
Rambo (support)

HUNTER X HUNTER
Gon Freecs (playable)
Killua Zaoldyeck (support)
Kurapika (support)

PYUU TO FUKU JAGUAR
Jaguar (playable)
Piyo Gen (support)
Hammer (support)

BLEACH
Ichigo Kurosaki (playable)
Rukia Kuchiki (support)

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
Jotaro Kujo (playable)

SLAM DUNK!
Sakuragi Hanamichi (?)

EXTRA
Friendship, Effort, Victory (help)"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks really.. weird. It doesn't look like it has the same smooth gameplay as Super Smash Bros.

The comics at the bottom of the screen do seem to have a certain function to them, but I can't quite make it out. I did however make out two 'item' type frames, one appeared to be a Senzu Bean. I bet these would help you during the battles. I bet the frames with characters in them would be the different characters you can summon during battle.

I think the idea is nice, I just wonder if it will really be a comfortable system to play with during the frantic action this game is supposed to have. I know the DS is designed for it, but I really dislike putting my finger on the touch screen, because it'll get dirty. It would mean I would have to use the stylus, something I would guess would be even more uncomfortable during battles. But that's just me.

Best answers
Information about this game has been floating around the net for a year or two. To me it is old, yet it still looks like a good game. Especially since they are adding many different Anime characters. I wonder how they will get it to work as each Anime is based on different rules and physics. The only thing I did not know is that it was a 2D fighting game mostly due to some screenshots I saw of the game in 3D; it must have been something else since the screenshots you posted are in 2D.

I wish they would add Neko Majin characters, that would make my day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom