Jinx's Modeling Thread.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
:idea:Okay so, the other day Growler over heard me talking and asked to see my work when he learned that I'm still modeling. So basicly this thread is for show-off purposes.

:warning:Well mannered crits are welcome

1)

2)

3)

4)

Low Poly[WiP] Keep it clean... ^^

Modifiers Used
- Symmetry
- Meshmooth
Poly Count
-Exactly 800(with the modifier)

Best answers
I don't see a ****, could be me though =p

editing your post huh, cheater!..nah just messing. Must be big images though.

Best answers
ON #3 the ab lining from the top is slightly off to your right of being even with the middle of the chest.......its hard 2 notice but i saw it XD

Young man i cant FULLY crit your work without wireframes and flatshade.......your slipping Jinx.....thats a warning

Best answers
i told him a milion times to show wires when posting/showing people stuff, guess he will never learn...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:idea:Okay so, the other day Growler over heard me talking and asked to see my work when he learned that I'm still modeling. So basicly this thread is for show-off purposes.

:warning:Well mannered crits are welcome

1)

2)

3)

4)

Low Poly[WiP] Keep it clean... ^^

Modifiers Used
- Symmetry
- Meshmooth
Poly Count
-Exactly 800(with the modifier)
is it your day job to make digs at me? I didn't ask you to make a thread to show your models, I just was asking nicely to see your models.

And yeah, post some wires.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i told him a milion times to show wires when posting/showing people stuff, guess he will never learn...
If I remember correctly he thinks that crits based on wires make it too "EZ" for him, and he wants to learn it all by himself.
So without wires, people only can say looks good/bad, but can't really crit the technique.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, "EZ", never heard of tbh.

Learning by yourself is the most stupidest,i mean you want to learn all by yourself not looking or hearing to someone else, If you ask for mannered critism, then Make only front and side, plus wires and polycount, and stop using meshsmooth when its not eve detailed at all.

Meshsmooth is only needed when you want to get results like this:

*originaly from polycount, not mine

You wont get such a result with doing meshsmooth to early, either you better use a sculpt programm to do this.

At your old thread i notice you still try to do it uber detailed, thats where most people fail.
Starting off real lowpoly will make you learn faster and maybe you will get the faster way of how to model.
By doing great detailed stuff, or just even plain stuff, you have to do lowpoly, and best poly by poly technique.

Also you are at the same result as in your last thread, nothing new, body, thats all.
I dont see any thing improved tbh.

so my suggestion wich i would recommend you: Start a lowpoly mesh , and then later on get into the detail by cut/supershift-Edgeloop/extrude the polygons.

Lateron get a sculpt prog testversion and try to do highpoly there, not in the 3d application you got.

im sorry if I hit you hard, but you dont seem to care about that all.
*damn, i know i forgot soemthing to tell >_<*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is nothing wrong with meshsmooth but it's a noobish way to get out of making a good model with good loops.
As a matter of fact, i bet you can model that just as detailed with only half the polycount. (well maybe not entirely).

btw Growler, Love your sig! xD.. seen the police interrogation?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As said, you seriously need to show some wires, or there is practically no use in posting anything here at all. What do you want help with? We can hardly see anything this way. You can be using millions of polygons, while they are not even needed, but we can't tell from those images if you don't post some wires. Second, try something else than a torso. Your last 3 or 4 models were all practically the same. You can't improve if you don't take any risks and try something new, other than creating the same model over and over again from a tutorial.

Unless you do something about the points mentioned above, you will become world's best torso modeller, but you will suck at anything else. Modeling is not only polyflow, amount of poly's etc. etc. It is also proportions, anatomy and style (a lot of modelers have different styles, some use comic styles (SA_Gohan, J_Boskma), other's go for a more serious look(Onslaught))

Try finding some refs/model sheets on google, and try to model that. Post the wires, and let us crit your model. Try modeling this for example:

(Credits: http://blog.animationinsider.com/?p=151)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
eh, "EZ", never heard of tbh.

Learning by yourself is the most stupidest,i mean you want to learn all by yourself not looking or hearing to someone else, If you ask for mannered critism, then Make only front and side, plus wires and polycount, and stop using meshsmooth when its not eve detailed at all.

Meshsmooth is only needed when you want to get results like this:

*originaly from polycount, not mine

You wont get such a result with doing meshsmooth to early, either you better use a sculpt programm to do this.

At your old thread i notice you still try to do it uber detailed, thats where most people fail.

Starting off real lowpoly will make you learn faster and maybe you will get the faster way of how to model.
By doing great detailed stuff, or just even plain stuff, you have to do lowpoly, and best poly by poly technique.

Also you are at the same result as in your last thread, nothing new, body, thats all.
I dont see any thing improved tbh.

so my suggestion wich i would recommend you: Start a lowpoly mesh , and then later on get into the detail by cut/supershift-Edgeloop/extrude the polygons.

Lateron get a sculpt prog testversion and try to do highpoly there, not in the 3d application you got.

im sorry if I hit you hard, but you dont seem to care about that all.
*damn, i know i forgot soemthing to tell >_<*
Cool model <3 Really looks good =), but the model torso ive shown was a WIP of a FULL body.. head/arms/feet will be included x.x It IS low poly(its more or less then 100 polies without the mesh modifier)... but im shaping the basic wire frame so that it'll look good when I mesh it, ive already got someone teaching me =p and yea he's corrected my poly flow dramaticly, but i've still gotta way to go.. and for only a few months of modeling I think im making good progress(not that there isn't room for more). =o

Growler, I dunno what you meant by making a dig of you, and everyone chill out please T_T they were just renders to show growler relax...

As for the "i wanna model all by myself thing"... everyone seemed as if they were pressuring me to give up my wires <___<... why i dunno, was new to modeling so think of it as an excuse..... besides people change <__< dont think im the same way....

and pixel Ide like to get your msn or aim if you were the one who modeled that =)

4 those curious... ill post the exact # of polies without the meshsmoothz

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It seems I had the differences between low and high poly models confused...

I thought low poly meant the model simply has a low count of models @ the moment..

But =O! to correct myself this model is a WIP *BASE* for a high poly model

Best answers
eeeeehhhh...

low poly means: lowres mesh with not much details + a texture (bump,normal,blabla) wich add the details:

high poly means: highres mesh with millions of polygons and all little piece of details in the mesh, then you can bake a normal map,texture map blabla.. from the highres mesh and put it on the lowres one to get a nice amount of details.

got it ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom