Jet Lee

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Krillin
You guys ever seen Bruce Lee perform his 1-inch punch?
yep, the guy goes flying bak atleast 6 feet! :shocked:

Best answers
Oh he sure as hell did, I bet that guy wasn't expecting that from a 1-inch punch.

Best answers
jet li pratices wu shu, which is a art style, not really a martial art. There's 2 different martial artists: fighters and warriors. Jet is a fighter. Bruce was a warrior. he made his own martial art, jet only does flashy stuff.

Best answers
GO JACKIE CHAN.....ok mabye not....1 word about Jet Li...*cough*wires*cough*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by saiyanslayer
jet li pratices wu shu, which is a art style, not really a martial art. There's 2 different martial artists: fighters and warriors. Jet is a fighter. Bruce was a warrior. he made his own martial art, jet only does flashy stuff.
sorry too crush your dreams mate, but they are both actors, have you ever watched a real fight? they dont do 2003203 kicks and perfect blocks etc, both of them are actors, that most likely studyed an art but then moved onto tv fights, very different

/me does mock sword fights, so knows what he is on about really..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The one inch punch isn't that special. You just have to direct the necessary force to your elbow and you can snap your arm with the force of a wound up blow. Bruce Lee was one strong *******, and he had practiced for years and years, but what he did wasn't all that magical, just impressive.

And in a real fight I'm sure Bruce Lee or Jet Li would still kick some ass, they just wouldn't have looked as pretty doing it. Real fights are never what they look like in games or movies, that's for sure, but they do have a lot of martial arts behind them. It wouldn't take much of anything for them to just sit there and use your own force of movement against you, by blocking incoming limbs and throwing you over their shoulder or batting you backwards with a blow to the solar plexus.

"Damn block whore!"

Best answers
OK heres how it is Bruce Lee was in movies for his MA(martial arts) Jackie Chan got into movies and MA was a "perk" Jet Li got into movies cuz "they" needed a younger Jackie Chan...get my drift.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jet Li is a pretty awesome guy, I have seen a few of his movies. I don't really care that real fighting isn't so flashy, it just looks freaking cool doing all those crazy acrobatics and kicking a guy around at the tame time.

I have only seen the last hour of Enter the Dragon, but I did study Jeet Kun Do which from my experience is one of my favorite martial arts.

But with all the talk about Li's and Lee's, has everybody forgotten Brandon Lee? Sure, he may have been just an actor, but he was a damn good one in The Crow.

Best answers
Bruce Lee whomps Jet Li, even though the latter has a much cooler name.
ummmmmm......how are you supposed to know that?
i reckon Jet li would win.
Oh and once upon a time in china OWNZZZZZZ i dont care for subtitles. (just get the DVD and use english translation)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont mind flashy efx (Best flashy efx film is The One, my fav film, like, ever) I like Jackie Chan alot since he does his own stunts, you know what Jackie Chan is doing something, he is really doing it, apart from in his new movie the Tutsido or whatever, bad move useing flashy efx..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
The one inch punch isn't that special. You just have to direct the necessary force to your elbow and you can snap your arm with the force of a wound up blow. Bruce Lee was one strong *******, and he had practiced for years and years, but what he did wasn't all that magical, just impressive.
Close but no cigar on the one inch punch technique :p

I know fa-jing and it's a tad bit harder to do than that.

As for Jet Li vs Bruce Lee . . . interesting yet pointless question. Jeet Kune Do is mighty, but Bruce Lee is the magic wind in it's sails. The philosophy is sound but so few can actually attain true fighting fluidity. Jet Li took the harder path, and mastered several different stiles, and took no severe creative license with them. Both men are blindingly fast in real life, most of their old kung fu movies without speed up show you how fast they can be. The bottom line is the victory goes to the better fighter, and none of us here are fit to judge that. So call me cautious, but I like to err on the side of caution.

Best answers
Yeah we can't tell who is the better fighter just by watching their movies and reading about them. Jachie Chan movies are really based around comedy more than martial arts. But one thing is for sure (and meggedo will agree with me) Wong Fei Hung coulf beat all three teamed against him :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Vortex... First off let me assure you that dragonball Z is not real. In fact, there are no martial arts at all in Dragonball Z, unless you count the ki attacks. Everything else is based on power level and speed, since everything is a blur no matter what you learned in school. Oh, and those ki attacks aren't real either. By DBZ standards Jet Li wouldn't probably be around 6 or 7 PL, but taking into account that dragonball Z isn't real... let's just leave it at that.

Jet li as Vegeta would be interesting to watch...
u are foolish for thinking i was serious..

Best answers
Stop the Jet li vs bruce lee stuff

If they would fight jet li would lose
Why? becuz he has no fighting experience, he trains wushu wushu is not made for fighting its an art form.

Bruce lee sparred/trained with world champions people like joe lewis, bob wall, chuck norris. Just watch some footage of him sparring you can see his amazing speed and great timing :)

People who say bruce lee was only an actor should do some research :)

Retired
Best answers
yeah Bruce Lee always said he didnt have a particulair fighting style. but he combined all these styles in Jeet Kun Do, so it's very close to being the ultimate fighting style. since it has much features from other styles.

Retired
Best answers
Originally posted by Kostro
Stop the Jet li vs bruce lee stuff

If they would fight jet li would lose
Why? becuz he has no fighting experience, he trains wushu wushu is not made for fighting its an art form.

Bruce lee sparred/trained with world champions people like joe lewis, bob wall, chuck norris. Just watch some footage of him sparring you can see his amazing speed and great timing :)

People who say bruce lee was only an actor should do some research :)
ow and btw ;) Jet Li was Martial arts champion in China. and yes China does have billions of people who also do martial arts :D I wouldnt say he's not experienced.

Best answers
Jet li is a Wushu worldchampion wushu is not fighting
They just preform the most amazing moves they know :)
Check www.bilang.com if you wanna see some Wushu action they got some great videos there

Dont get me wrong i love jet li he is a amazing martial artist he can do amazing stuff with his body but he isnt a fighter

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Judge
yeah Bruce Lee always said he didnt have a particulair fighting style. but he combined all these styles in Jeet Kun Do, so it's very close to being the ultimate fighting style. since it has much features from other styles.
There is no such thing as the ultimate martial art.

Bruce Lee was either lucky or visionary enough to achieve his best possible combination of styles. If you train in them long enough, you will learn that.

Best answers
Im not sure about all three mewto but he could kick major ass against anyone, jackie chan is a stunt man...he does all of his own stuff unlike bruce lee did. And jacki chan fought bruce once and bruce went down with one kick to the chest.

Best answers
Originally posted by MEGGEDO
Im not sure about all three mewto but he could kick major ass against anyone, jackie chan is a stunt man...he does all of his own stuff unlike bruce lee did. And jacki chan fought bruce once and bruce went down with one kick to the chest.
Jackie chan never fought bruce lee where did you hear that lol. And bruce lee did al his own stuff.

I say benny Urquidez is the best fighter alive at the moment.
He fought over 200 fight and never lost 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom