jaysus christ, check this beast out.. (not mine)

Best answers
the doom 3 engine has been out maybe even before hl2's engine
wait.... hl2 is out? o_o or r u just saying that it has been known like people have known its gonna come out

edit: sorry i dont know how to post in the quote who posted :fight: but SSJ TOAST posted it :D

Best answers
Uh... yeah so uh... CS:S is shipping with every copy of HL2... which is why HL2 sales are going to be > Doom3.

-Topic?
wow that skin is amazing... i love the way the did the blood colors. That skin is just... wow wow... Model's nice... but i can't say anything about a model unless i see it hand in hand with animations (which i'm about to do)... but WOW at that skin.

Best answers
damn.... why does esf have halflifes engine :( imagine esf with such models and veeery big maps... not to mention the netcode :D

Best answers
MyStIc~ShAdOw said:
can u reaD? the poly count is somewhere in the 3000, thats quite low for such a high quality model...probably the skin does that, and if u really hade 94687236478236 million polies (which is immpossible) u would have a fps of 0
Just go search around on www.gamespot.com, there is a movie there about the new effects the Unreal 3(not unreal tournament) engine has....they putted 10,000 poly models in AND THATS FREAKIN AWESOME.....just looks like RL

**edit**

for ppl who dont wanna download the movie, here you have some pics from the Unreal 3 Engine

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/13/screens_6098240.html?page=1

**edit2**

say omg jesus chris to this....2million polies model

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/13/screens_6098240.html?page=13

(same model, but skinned:)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/13/screens_6098240.html?page=15
the point of the 2 million poly model is to be used to play with but of only to place the normals of the model of to a lower poly model giving the 5 k one detail if lighting like the 2 million one, but still only having 5 k polies
its basically bump maping the deatil on
in the sos forums, turk did something similar but with far less detail than the one for the unreal 3 engine example
dont be so amazed, the is how most games are making the games now adays, you saying its good and well yes it is but thats because these people actually are the ones who making models for a living.

Best answers
i like the very first model up there, the 3k poly one that ugly thing w/ the piston. OMG man watch the animation of him crouching, his muscles friggen move.

Best answers
MAN!! thats freaggen amazing! /could never reach that in 1 LIFEtime... /sobs...

I wish I could ever be as HALF Godly as that }P-((

Best answers
Yeah, looks like a creepy mixture of something from Doom 3 and that eye thing from Quake 3. Pretty sweet.

And Unreal 3 is it's own engine, from what I hear no hardware can decently run it now if it were released today (which it never would be because they have lot of work yet).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBXMe2 said:
hahaha, I read the title of the page to fast, I thought it said "check the brest out on this model LOL

its kewl
ahahahahaha, i readed something like"jesus has brest's"
ontopic: almost as good as a doom3 model^_^

Best answers
Doom 3 Engine is already done.

Can we say chronicles of rid****?

Doom 3 Is not done :(

Doom 3 models use something called Normal mapping, which is why they look soo high res, They make a million poly model, then they make a low res (3000 to 5000) model
and put the bumpmap from the million model on the low res model. Its truly an excellent idea, As for system reqs ... Doom 3 will run on computers that arent super machines, The alpha [ mind you alpha = unstable ] runs on my machine fine, as long as nothing stressfull happens. I can run in 800 x 600 with all the light / shadow effects on, and stay around 30 fps.

My sys -
AMD XP 2100
512 DDR 2700
40 Gig 5400 rpm
GeForce4 ti 4400

That is a low end system for new games.

To those of you with anything less than 1ghrz and a geforce 2
Mabey you should start saving.

to everyone else :) go buy doom 3 when it comes out :)

Best answers
lol

oh and that idea u just posted,

lemme see if I get this stright, doing endlessly polied model, copying its way of showing the poly colored skin thingy,
then using that image as a skin for the lowered poly model?

Best answers
It's awesome. If anyone's wandered off to cgtalk, it shows how low poly models can appear high poly with some skinning. I'll post some CG stuff later since this is a "props" thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats so cool :D id love to learn how to do that...but i guess id need to learn how to skin first lol

Best answers
OMG!!! I have to say that is the most coolest model I ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom