Japanese voices...?

Best answers
I have a small wish. Well, not really all that small, considering it might take a lot of work.

I shifted from DMZ to ESF ages ago when I got the broadband and could download a file as big as 110 megs (downloading on 56k modem is a pain), and I must say that I am very much satisfied with ESF, considering how much of a pain DMZ was...the fact that I couldn't get the combos work being the biggest gripe.

However, there is one thing that DMZ betters ESF - sounds. I always preferred the Japanese voices myself, which ESF does not have.

Since I know many like SF sounds the way they are, I wish someone would do a Japanese voice pack, containing sounds taken from the original version of the show. I could do it myself, record sounds from the Japanese movies I have (downloaded), but my sound card can't seem to record and play simultaneously - and even then, just 8 movies isn't very rich source, even if I rip some of the sounds from DMZ.

All in all, I will probably try and do myself, and when I have done everything I can, I can post my process here and maybe I will get help on the rest. Most of the sounds (teleporting for example) don't really even need changing anyway.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody already put together a Jap Pack at one point, but that was a long time ago. Try snooping around the miscelanious forum for any remnants that might still exist.

Best answers
yea theres 1 at esf-world look at the voices section man!! =link=www.esf-world.de=link=

Best answers
ive made one... but its something like 80% done.. too short transes for piccolo and bejita.. and i dont find enough sources to change/complete it.. (but i sipped apart a budokai1 dvd and i got 1500 sounds.. jap of course.. ah well.. too bad i have other things to do, too^^)

the other problem is: its min 20 mb big.. dont know how to share it..

(some ppl would host it, they told me, but just if im done with it, but im not -___-)

Best answers
Hmm, ripped from Budokai DVD, 1500 sounds...? Damn, I really hope you get it done though - the Jap voice pack at esf-world hardly meets my high standards.

(Hmm, there is also another DMZ feature that I miss in ESF, Brolly, but that's not within this topic)

Sound Artist
Best answers
I just finished the official jappack, i hope it meets your standards.

Best answers
FreeDoM said:
I just finished the official jappack, i hope it meets your standards.
Wow, awesome.

Nah, I just meant that the sounds were really low quality and had some odd choices for voices.

But hey, coming from the sound artist, and an official pack even, my hopes are high. :)

Best answers
lol really stupid question :p

freedom the jap pack is for esf 1.2 or just for customize the game ?

Sound Artist
Best answers
Well if i released it now, it would have a lot of unneccessary sounds for your build. I'll probably wait until 1.2 is released. Guess you won't have to wait too long ;)

Sound Artist
Best answers
Takeshi666 said:
However, there is one thing that DMZ betters ESF - sounds. I always preferred the Japanese voices myself, which ESF does not have.
I've downloaded their recent release and i may be mistaken but... didn't they have the same sounds as all their previous releases?
On top of that, i'm pretty sure they were all oddly placed.. It could have been just me.. been awhile since i had DMZ on my desktop. The one thing i can remember is Goku's voice being used for all the ki blasts.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
Well if i released it now, it would have a lot of unneccessary sounds for your build. I'll probably wait until 1.2 is released. Guess you won't have to wait too long ;)
You mean :O ? Whe're close to it's release ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG DOUBLE POSTER FREEDOM ;(!!!!! heeehehe

Ummm... yeah. :p Anyway, like I said before, can't wait to hear these songs. Even better now that's it going to come out when 1.2 is released.

Also, about that DMZ kiblast thing... x'D!

Best answers
freedom, umm.. did you released it too, or just finished it?

im not that good in indepth english talking.. so i dont get it what most of people MEAN when they say stuff^^

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Jap pack will most likely come out with 1.2. So just sit tight. You shall be rewarded. :rolleyes:

Best answers
aah.. *trembles*

*zombie* ..weee hunnngerr... aaahh..jap paaaaackk.... where aaare yooouuu...mmmmmmmgghh...

want it.. lol..well annoy you like we annoy all the other teammembers with the release date of 1.2 ^__^

(somehow.... isnt this the same??^^)
roflmfao

Best answers
you know, after playing dmz i have to agree with takeshi.

the japanese sounds seem less corny, and to have a swap between sound packs in the official release would be worth the extra download. Especially seeing that most people are on high speed connections (please dont be hating 56***ers) it would be worth it..

just my lil blah blahing 5 cents.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Since an option to toggle languages in the menu would take a lot of time, it definately wont be in 1.2. I'll most likely throw it in the sound folder as "jappack" or something, people can switch it on the fly. The JapPack is 24.1MB now, you can expect it to grow in size as 1.2 progresses, i'd say no larger than 30 MB.

Best answers
its not that i want to annoy somebody, especialy you, freedom.. but.. am i able to download it NOW or not^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom