Jade Empire for pc.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Years ago I was excited for JE to come out but because I was too ignorant to see the xbox tags I thought it came out for the pc.. When I found out it wasn't, I was dissapointed. However, now it has been announced that a port for the pc will be made. Who's going to get it? And was the xbox game any good ?

jp

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Its because I don't have the money at the moment (driving lessons), but else I would have picked it up.

That game looks so sweet D:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly sure that they stated with certainty when JE came out that it would be X-Box exclusive.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
All good xbox games find their way to the pc.

I've heard good things about the game from my friends so I'll try it out.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard good things too.

Its an RPG, is unique (imo), and has marital arts. Score one for Jade Empire!

Although, I read somewhere its a little linear.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh, I was really looking forward to this game until I heard it was gonna be X-Box exclusive. Definitely gonna try it out :)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the few reasons my bro and I decided to invest in an X-Box (well after its release) was to get Jade Empire.

The game, itself, has a story that is just what you can expect from BioWare - it won't disappoint there.

While I, personally, have no beefs with this game (I think it's one of the best 3rd person adventure games I've played recently), some people may find the combat too repetitive, as your initial martial art style will be what you use, predominantly, throughout the game, and it'll offer 3 or 4 unique moves/animations. That might irk a lot of people; but, for me, the satisfaction of using a speedy character, and punching an enemy 6 or 7 times before he/she could take one swing at me was eternally satisfying. Still, I can see some people picking Legendary Strike style, and being disappointed to find that their character only kicks the opponent in a few ways, but throws no punches. Likewise, the style I chose for my speedy character (Thousand Cuts) focused solely on punching. You can learn the other initial styles later in the game, but I assure you that you'll likely want to focus on levelling up your initial martial art style by the time you're given the chance to get one of the others. It's much better to specialize than to be a jack of all trades in this particular game, so you'll want to focus on one melee style, one weapon style, one "magic" style, and maybe one or two support styles (those are the techniques that allow you to drain Chi, or stun opponents).

The feel of the game is also quite neat. It's hard to describe without making references that would actually involve you playing the game, but, to make matters simple, it actually has a very good asthetic - at no point will you not feel like you're playing through an (obviously) Chinese sort of legend-type story.

I've played through it with a speedy character, and a balanced one, too. After playing through it (almost) twice, from start to finish, I can safely say that I recommend this game to anyone who's into adventure titles.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
One of the few reasons my bro and I decided to invest in an X-Box (well after its release) was to get Jade Empire.

The game, itself, has a story that is just what you can expect from BioWare - it won't disappoint there.

While I, personally, have no beefs with this game (I think it's one of the best 3rd person adventure games I've played recently), some people may find the combat too repetitive, as your initial martial art style will be what you use, predominantly, throughout the game, and it'll offer 3 or 4 unique moves/animations. That might irk a lot of people; but, for me, the satisfaction of using a speedy character, and punching an enemy 6 or 7 times before he/she could take one swing at me was eternally satisfying. Still, I can see some people picking Legendary Strike style, and being disappointed to find that their character only kicks the opponent in a few ways, but throws no punches. Likewise, the style I chose for my speedy character (Thousand Cuts) focused solely on punching. You can learn the other initial styles later in the game, but I assure you that you'll likely want to focus on levelling up your initial martial art style by the time you're given the chance to get one of the others. It's much better to specialize than to be a jack of all trades in this particular game, so you'll want to focus on one melee style, one weapon style, one "magic" style, and maybe one or two support styles (those are the techniques that allow you to drain Chi, or stun opponents).

The feel of the game is also quite neat. It's hard to describe without making references that would actually involve you playing the game, but, to make matters simple, it actually has a very good asthetic - at no point will you not feel like you're playing through an (obviously) Chinese sort of legend-type story.

I've played through it with a speedy character, and a balanced one, too. After playing through it (almost) twice, from start to finish, I can safely say that I recommend this game to anyone who's into adventure titles.
So I saw you can pick your characters from a list, but can you also create/custumize your own ?

Best answers
I'll definitely check it out. I wanted to play it on Xbox but don't own one.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
So I saw you can pick your characters from a list, but can you also create/custumize your own ?
Unless they've changed things from the X-Box version, you're, pretty much, stuck with the characters they give you. You are free to change the starting martial art style that your character gets (for instance, the balanced female character is "Wu the Lotus Blossom" [or something to that effect - names can be changed, anyway], and is given Legendary Strike as her starting style because she's a balance between raw power and speed, but you are free to use Thousand Cuts and utilize her speedy side, or choose something a little more sluggish, too), as well, I believe you can jumble the starting attributes around a bit (don't hold me to that - it's been a while since I've played the game, heh).

I don't believe I recall seeing the ability to make your own character. The Special Edition for the X-Box included an extra character that the PC version will likely include...but that's about it. You can shift skills and attributes around on the existing characters and input whatever name you want for your character, but, as far as the X-Box version went, that's the extent of character customization.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
xbox exclusive my ass. im still upset at them because of the whole halo thing.
however, was looking forward to this game and now i can finally try it out which makes me happy :)

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, thanks Maj.

I'm likely to play with the hot chick, as I usually do with games ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom