Jack Thompson sees himself in GTAIV

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Via Slashdot
"Outspoken anti-games lawyer Jack Thompson has decided that a representation of a 2nd amendment lawyer in GTA IV is a mocking version of him. He has declared that if the representation is not removed he will attempt to block the release of the game. Excerpt from GamePolitics: 'The showcasing play of the game to Game Informer revealed that the first killing mission of the hero of the game, Niko, is to kill a certain lawyer. When Niko comes into this lawyer's office, having used subterfuge to do so, Niko pulls a gun on the lawyer who says, that the firm supports the second amendment and that 'Guns don't kill people. Video games do.'"
Oh, please. He'll try to block the release of the game no matter what. I think he's just flattering himself, anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing to see here people, just an attention whore making an idiot of himself. Move along.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought he was in jail or something?
He was sued by Take Two Interactive, but the lawsuit was dropped and a settlement was reached instead. The settlement bars Jack Thompson from preventing the sales of Take Two Interactive and their subsidiary's products.

He most likely would be in jail right now if a settlement wasn't reached.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is without a doubt a representation of him, but it's going to be nearly impossible to prove that in court.

Best answers
Can nothing stop Jack Thompson ?
Anal probes, alien abduction, the works. Of course, I won't rule out that dropping the King Pin on him might do some damage. That is hoping he doesn't 1Up by having over 9000 secks sessions with GTA look-alikes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply ignoring the ***** will stop him. Keep him off TV, sooner or later he'll loose his attentionwhoreness. No bullets required.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My respect for him has even dropped further. (the little....wait...I don't have any respect for him) He actually sent his own son to the shop to buy various 18+ rated games (Including Bioshock (he is currently 15 years old) and even told his son to buy games when his son was only 10 years old) to prove his point that game retailers don't look at the age of the buyer. How sick is that? Having an opinion about games is one thing, but even using your son to prove your damn point. To hell with Jackass Thompson!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Sicron: I feel sorry for his son.

On a related note:

Jack Thompson for president!

Then he'll **** things up majorly and we can have another Revolution.

Off with his head!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heres the thing take two and jack thompson have agreed that jack thompson will no longer be able to get into affairs with with take two or any of their projects since their was a counter-sute with take two fighting the harrassing jack thompson has put and ruining the good name of take two so that lawsuit was dropped by take two cause of the agreement made with the take two lawyers and jack thompson so I don't see this going anywhere.

Also take two and rockstar just need to put like every other game does "The characters are made up and do not resemble anyone living or dead" then their asses are safe its just that easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom