Jack Thompson "Owned"?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the past, lawyer Jack Thompson has made it publicly known that he wants to "destroy" Rockstar Games. Recently, the lawyers for Rockstar's parent company, Take-Two Interactive Software, filed a lawsuit against Thompson. Jack probably figured he couldn't win and that jail time might have been in his future, so he has agreed to the following:

1. Jack Thompson will not sue or threaten to sue to block sale or distribution of any game published by Take Two or its subsidiaries (i.e., Rockstar).

2. Jack Thompson will not communicate to Take-Two or anyone doing business with T2 (retail stores like Target) any accusation that the company committed any wrongdoing by selling its games. Thompson is not restricted from criticizing the content of T2 games, nor is he prevented from acting as counsel in lawsuits brought against Take-Two by other parties.

3. Jack Thompson will make any future contacts with T2 through its attorneys.

For its part, Take-Two has agreed to dismiss the federal lawsuit and Thompson will drop his counterclaim. T2 has also agreed to drop the Bully contempt of court matter. There was to have been a hearing on the case this morning, and Thompson could potentially have been jailed if he were found to be in contempt by a Miami-Dade County judge.
Source: http://www.planetgta.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ownage... pure ownage, and it's been a long time in coming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pw33ned! April really is a month to remember (hitlers b-day, columbine, national smoke weed day, VT massacre...my birthday ;) ), and now this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
hitlers b-day
why would you want to remember that???

but yes this is very good news...i hope that man burns in hell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Niice."

[/Marcus Fenix]

Now I want to see him get run over something. That would make my day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
Pw33ned! April really is a month to remember (hitlers b-day, columbine, national smoke weed day, VT massacre...my birthday ;) ), and now this.
AND the day Hitler killed himself (30th april). Well anyway, I don't see how much he was owned anyway. He can still criticize games, he can still come on TV and spread his bull****. The only thing that Take Two did is isolate themselves, also not completely at that, from his ****. I'd like it a whole lot more if he was behind bars. But I guess it's better than nothing....*sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom