Jack Thompson is still an unholy douche

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Following the seeming trend of recent online suicides, an American gamer named Mitchel, better known as 'Kuja105' on the MetalGearSolid.org forums posted a suicide note. Administrators tracked down his phone number to talk him out of it but it was in vain. Overwhelmed by financial and educational troubles he took his own life with a mixture of painkillers and antifreeze.

Enter everybodys favorite disgraced lawyer, Jack Thompson. Apparently not content with being on the losing end of every damn games-related dispute and nearly having his licence revoked he strolls amid the mourners and grievers and posts this;

Jack Thompson said:
"Your "gamer friend" will find peace through the Lord, Jesus Christ, but sadly it's too late for that.

There is a void in every heart. You can fill it up with the things of God, or the things not of God. This unfortunate soul chose to fill it up with combat games. The playing of these video games is masturbatory activity, meaning senseless self-stimulation. If you gamers could use a dictionary you would know that that term is not necessarily a sexual one.

The real tragedy here extends beyond the life and death of this one fellow. There are literally millions of young people and young adults whose despair is deepend by turning to the things of this world and then finding them meaningless.

All of you gamers need to put down the controllers and get a life. The utter inanity of the vast majority of postings here shows how vapid "gaming" really is.

You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.

Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess.

Sad. Sad for all of you."
Essentially; "**** that guy. You're all wasting your lives anyway." Never misses a trick does our Jack. What the hell is he trying to prove aside from his own bat**** insanity?

Full Story here and here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if that's the real Jack...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Few things have made me quite so angry as seeing an elderly american take advantage of a suicide to broadcast his own ignorant message..

That really wasn't called for.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guess retards cant be helped >.>

Id realy like to have a talk with that guy. And yes i mean a conversation not brainles pounding of his head with a baseball bat XD (even though that isnt a bad thought).

In any case. Who in his right mind would kill himself over a videogame >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, not Kuja, if that's what you were thinking:

Article said:
On January 2 he posted a message in both forums detailing his intent to end his own life, citing overwhelming complications with school and finances.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your "gamer friend" will find peace through the Lord, Jesus Christ, but sadly it's too late for that.
Who the **** does the think he is? God himself?

Too late for that!? ... that guy pisses me off, bah, I know I shouldn't coz its just internet and blah blah, but that people take it THAT far!?

He should get a freaking life himself, sheesh...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe he actually implied that this guy would be rejected by Jesus because he played Metal Gear. I really am trying to sit here and fathom it...how could anyone be that retarded? I wonder if he still thinks that masturbation makes you turn into a blind sasquatchian retard, too...

What really makes me angry is the fact that he seems to think we are so stupid. Implying that no one could call 911 for the guy...for all he knows, those people all live in Japan....

What's worse is this guy uses his status to publically berate us and yet no one sues him for defamation of character...

EDIT: Ahh, it appears he was mistaken about us AGAIN.

Article said:
A very brief period of initial disbelief was followed by a barrage of replies from fellow forum members pleading that he not take his life, trying to talk him out of it. For days, no word was heard from Mitchell. Fearing the worst, members and administration from metalgearsolid.org began searching for contact information, spending hours on the phone trying to get in touch with him. Finally on January 4, Ryan K., an administrator at metalgearsolid.org, got him on the phone and spent hours desperately trying to talk him out of it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I agree with you jp.

I don't get it why Jack involved sexual activity in his reponse.

All of you gamers need to put down the controllers and get a life. The utter inanity of the vast majority of postings here shows how vapid "gaming" really is.
What he said right there was untrue. If we didn't have a life, we wouldn't be making money or affording games and computers, or anything else in life that could buy us anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it why Jack involved sexual activity in his reponse.
He's either a liar or an idiot. And I suspect its the former and that he said that for the benefit of heavily conservative people who can't be bothered to form their own opinions to further create the impression that video games are a distasteful and morally corrupting activity.

What's worse is that this moron is in a position to constantly make these ignorant remarks, and most people go off believing them simply because they don't hear anything from the other side, or do research themselves

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's a dictionary?

Jack Thompson is serious business.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody really needs to kick him in the balls =/

Video games and suicide because of finacial/education issues....Relation? I highly doubt it, but this man did it! And I do not know the guy who killed himself, so I can't just say "it was a stupid idea", but why the hell would you want to draw so much attention to yourself by posting it...

As for Jacko's comments, it is sad that a grown man wrote that when that is something a punkass 13 yearold with an above-vocabulary would say. He sees gamers as hermits to lock themselves away from the outside so they can use their computer, play videogames with their cronies, and "waste their life away" (though sadly some of them do...). His ignorance as an adult and a lawyer is appalling. I think he's losing it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I can't believe he actually implied that this guy would be rejected by Jesus because he played Metal Gear. I really am trying to sit here and fathom it...how could anyone be that retarded?
Dude, didn't you read the "Jack Thompson's Revised Commandments"?

It's number 6 on his list:

6. Thou shalt not play metal gear solid. [god hates snakes, wonder why?]

Well, from reading all that bs, it seems hes a ****tard, as expected of anyone who judges you and determines your fate by which video games you play. FFS people, its a damn game... Oh snap! I played monopoly last night, im goin to hell for sure!

The bible it self contains more gore than any video games, its natural, its life, it happens...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought everyone figured out what a ass this guy was, he lost all of his creditability, and he went back to suing Howard Stern?

They need to have him back on GameSHOUT radio. That was ****ing hillarious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be making some rant-style flashes to post on newgrounds. My first one will involve video games and I'll be touching on Jack Thompson. I can use this issue on it. thanks so much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I'll be making some rant-style flashes to post on newgrounds. My first one will involve video games and I'll be touching on Jack Thompson. I can use this issue on it. thanks so much.
Sweet.

Make sure to post them on this Forum too. :3

Best answers
Engar said:
Few things have made me quite so angry as seeing an elderly american take advantage of a suicide to broadcast his own ignorant message..

That really wasn't called for.
My feelings exactly. I can honestly say that I've not seen anything quite so disrespectful in a long, long time. The man is a appalling example of a human being.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes I wonder if Jack actually means any of the stuff he's saying.

Then he pulls a stunt like this, and I stop wondering.

The guy needs to come to his senses, and actually try a video game once. Try to get to know gamers.

He's passing judgement without any real knowledge of things. Ignorance can be very dangerous.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this guy attack everyone he deems to be wasting their lives, or just gamers? Ive yet to see him say anything about prostitution, drug abuse, or anything of any actual importance to society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom