Jack Thompson - Court Case

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We conclude that sanctions are merited on this record. Accordingly, in order to preserve the right of access for all litigants and promote the interests of justice, the Clerk of this Court is hereby instructed to reject for filing any future pleadings, petitions, motions, documents, or other filings submitted by John Bruce Thompson, unless signed by a member in good standing of The Florida Bar other than himself. Under the sanction herein imposed, Thompson is not being denied access to the courts; that access is simply being limited due to his abusiveness. Thompson may petition the Court, but may do so only through the assistance of counsel, whenever such counsel determines that the filing has merit and can be filed in good faith. However, Thompson’s frivolous and abusive filings must immediately come to an end. Further, if Thompson submits a filing in violation of this order, he may be subjected to contempt proceedings or other appropriate sanctions. All other pending petitions, motions, and requests for relief filed by Thompson are hereby denied without prejudice.
Source: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/decisions/2008/sc07-80.pdf

Of course, I'm pretty sure he'll remain critical to violent video games, just now he can't do anything legal-wise without consent from The Florida Bar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's probably going to shoot some place up and blame it on the GTA IV trailers.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do agree with him on the fact that games nowadays are way too violent, at least for the ones who end up playing them (kids under 17), but he is just being a giant dildo in how he goes about it.

i guarantee you, the EXACT same arguments used in the past, if performed by someone not completely obsessed with it, would've done alot better. Every time i see any quote from JT himself, the first thing that comes to mind, "WOW what a douche",

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this karma?

I don't know, but I could believe that it is. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom