J-Dude, don't click this thread, you'll be outraged, save yourself the trouble.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...1#new-handfish-species-pink_20881_600x450.jpg

Using its fins to walk, rather than swim, along the ocean floor in an undated picture, the pink handfish is one of nine newly named species described in a recent scientific review of the handfish family.

Only four specimens of the elusive four-inch (ten-centimeter) pink handfish have ever been found, and all of those were collected from areas around the city of Hobart (map), on the Australian island of Tasmania.

Though no one has spotted a living pink handfish since 1999, it's taken till now for scientists to formally identify it as a unique species.

The new-species determinations were made based on a number of factors, including number of vertebrae and fin rays, coloration, the presence of scales and spines, and proportional body measurements, according to review author Daniel Gledhill of Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, or CSIRO.

All of the world's 14 known species of handfish are found only in shallow, coastal waters off southeastern Australia, the review notes.

Even among the previously known species, the fish are poorly studied, the review authors add, and little is known about their biology or behavior.
Apparently Murloc's are real...

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't J-Dude like fish?

Odd looking thing that fish though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mother****er, if I saw that thing walking towards me in a dark alley I'd end my life on the spot.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is like the third time I've seen this article today.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The expression on its face tells me "What the **** are you looking at *******"

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there something decidedly non-Christian about a fish that has adaptations allowing for casual strolling along the ocean floor, or did I miss the memo? :p

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My assumption was that it was a stab at evolution. Although I don't believe the article made specific mention that this fish "evolved" legs recently. Rather it's only recently been discovered and documented.

-edit

Also, I feel the need to mention that these badass handfish suckers are from my country. Mess with me and I'll launch these at you while riding in my kangaroo.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aussies talk big but in the end england win the ashes xD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Is there something decidedly non-Christian about a fish that has adaptations allowing for casual strolling along the ocean floor, or did I miss the memo? :p
I didn't say it had anything to do with Christianity. I just don't want J-Dude destroying a kick ass thread. If someone decides to play the evolution card in a semi-scientific thread, I'd rather it not be closed.

Really I'm just protecting my assets. And my ****sets.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Spore does more damage than this... the fish isn't walking out of the water.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My assumption was that it was a stab at evolution. Although I don't believe the article made specific mention that this fish "evolved" legs recently. Rather it's only recently been discovered and documented.

-edit

Also, I feel the need to mention that these badass handfish suckers are from my country. Mess with me and I'll launch these at you while riding in my kangaroo.
Lol.
I'm never going to mess with you :) I'm your best friend.
But is this for real? XD
Handfishes? lol

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Murloc > Creationism

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deep sea creatures are always pretty unusual, adapting down there sounds like fun. I'd take the fish over Spore, it'll keep me entertained for more than a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom