I've got best-quality sfx and am willing to share!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I don't ean to offend or nothing, but I've noticed plenty of the sfx used in esf are rather low-level as far as quality is concerned. Some are pristine, but others are scratchy, others innaccurate (I dunno what game or episode you found your power-up sound effect, but I've never heard it in DBZ).

I know you have to use pretty much the lowest quality format (2-something khtz at 8bit mono) for the Half-Life Engine, but I know this hardly effects quality to a noticable degree if your sound effects are already very clean.

I've been searching for DBZ SFX for years, and finally with the coming of the Budokai Games, I decided it was the opportuniy to do it myself.

First I tried using a microphone next to my TV's speaker (did okay, but not good enough).

Finally, I bought an audio capture device which I used to record game audio straight from the audio source (audio/video cables from my PS2).

The sound effects I have are the best possible quality, though I wish I could have eliminated entirely the vocals ingame which would give me access to numerous other sfx.

I've found I can easily replace the powerup effect, the teleport effect (that current one in game just annoys me), increase the quality of the normal energy blasts, and deliver all sorts of effects. If you're at all interested I have no problem sending samples of them in a zip file.

I'd love to give these to any DBZ mod trying for greatness. It's been too long that I've heard on the Internet that "DBZ sound effects don't exist". It should end here with these!

I look forward to your reply.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
J-DUDE i know you from DBZ HOOD (i think) YOU ARE GREAT give us the sounds :DD BUt EFFECTS WHAT do you mean with that ??!?!? I mean you can UPGRADE the hl ENGINE !?!?!? :) increase the quality of the normal energy blasts, and deliver all sorts of effects excuse me !!! :O O_O O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I just meant the sound files themselves. They use a lower quality format because of HL's limitations, but even in that format they sound fine if they are originally good quality. And by effects, I just mean SOUND effects. And yeah, I think I know you from DBZHOOD under another name...avatar looks familiar.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you know, you can always put together a sound pack and simply release it to the community ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only thing is, I think you need to use the Half Life modding engine to replace them. I've tried saving them and overwriting the files at the right format in the sound folders, but I get a lot of errors ingame. Like the kiblast will echo forever, and the teleport effect crashes the game. I've tried lengthening and shortening the sfx to fit the originals, and I always get either the perpetual echo, or I get the full game crash. I think the game remembers what size an length the sounds should be and plays them accordingly. Loops like the powerup sound effect are fine, but one shots can go nuts. If they're too short, they echo, if they're too long they crash.

I know, I don't get it either. That's why I trusted you guys to pu them in better than me.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I can help you I will be your betatester sound!!!!!!!! but release the teleport sound so I can hear it :D

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sound sulb be at 22mh to work whit esf

Best answers
J-Dude said:
Hey, I don't ean to offend or nothing, but I've noticed plenty of the sfx used in esf are rather low-level as far as quality is concerned. Some are pristine, but others are scratchy, others innaccurate (I dunno what game or episode you found your power-up sound effect, but I've never heard it in DBZ).

I know you have to use pretty much the lowest quality format (2-something khtz at 8bit mono) for the Half-Life Engine, but I know this hardly effects quality to a noticable degree if your sound effects are already very clean.

I've been searching for DBZ SFX for years, and finally with the coming of the Budokai Games, I decided it was the opportuniy to do it myself.

First I tried using a microphone next to my TV's speaker (did okay, but not good enough).

Finally, I bought an audio capture device which I used to record game audio straight from the audio source (audio/video cables from my PS2).

The sound effects I have are the best possible quality, though I wish I could have eliminated entirely the vocals ingame which would give me access to numerous other sfx.

I've found I can easily replace the powerup effect, the teleport effect (that current one in game just annoys me), increase the quality of the normal energy blasts, and deliver all sorts of effects. If you're at all interested I have no problem sending samples of them in a zip file.

I'd love to give these to any DBZ mod trying for greatness. It's been too long that I've heard on the Internet that "DBZ sound effects don't exist". It should end here with these!

I look forward to your reply.
u wanna make a whole new dbz mod in HL ?

i'd recommand to use sourse engine......

Best answers
Nice! only needs to fix ki blast and teleport. Sounds are awesome!! do some more!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Y thank U! I'll wait for the say-so of the mods and admins tho before I take this to town.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go for it, you don't need our permission to make a new sound pack. There are already plenty out there. Please, if you feel you can improve the game, go right ahead. You really don't need our permission.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see any diferent from ESF sound's and your sound's

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because he is using sounds from the show just like ESF is.

The sounds are pretty nice, the teleport sound cuts off towards the end which makes it sound weird.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just talking about quality and accuracey. I've never heard the sound effect used in esf for gathering energy. It sounds like it was created with a program and is completely different from the high pitched etheral pulse you normally hear in DBZ from an energy aura.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom