It's Time, Ryoko..

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*a strip of bandages floats to the floor*

I have recovered from my battle with Cucumba and am eager for another fight. This time I'm challenging Ryoko and I know its going to be a good fight. :D

You're more of a challenge than you think Ryoko, come show everyone what you've got!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm.. if you must. But.. please be gentle, I bruise easily ;_;

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Cucumba Whispers)
(You need to set the terms Jiisu . . . How many rounds, venue of the battle, special stipulations.)
(/Cucumba Whispers)

Best answers
Best 2 out of 3. Anything goes.

Venue: The mind of a 5 year old girl.

Ought to be interesting.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The mind of a 5 year old girl, this is going to be some fight. :D

[Smack Talk]

Ok Ryoko, time to stand up an take it like a man! But what am I saying, you've got a girls name! That name is the sign of a delusional, why dont you drop that tired crappy anime and move into the real world!

Allow me to help you by kicking your ass!

[/Smack Talk]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not the delusional one if you think I will be beat so easily by someone who hides behind a rock at the first sign of trouble! I will end your deplorable existance by buring you under the rock you seem to treasure so! On it I will enscribe, in your own blood from your decapitated limbs, that you were the epitome of uselessness!

So Bring it, degenerate.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
OOC: 3 rewrites later...

Somewhere, unoccupied and bored to tears, sits a five year old girl. She sits in her room (pink) staring at her toys (pink) while on top of her bed (pink again). Theres nothing to do and following a cooking related accident (who knew that pulling the bag of flour would make all that mess) has been banished to this room.

In times like these the brain dances, sparking off the excess energy in order to provide some entertainment. This energy can be harnessed. This energy can be used.

Engar stumbles into a misty, pinkish cavern. Clouds hover at ankle level, some rising up in swirling shapes from an unnatural breeze, and in the distance the opposite wall can be seen. The ceiling is a collection of spikes hanging downwards, sparks leaping from point to point.

"This is some hospital.." Engar drops the strip of bandages he had just removed, having just checked out of the hospital he had thought he was leaving through the front door when he appeared in this strange place. Something about this place tells him this is not the place to be..

"Hya!"

Bolts zip through the air, sending cracks deep into the cavern wall as the orange shards of energy discharge - missing Engar only by inches as he side-rolls out of their path. Another bolt, larger than the others, comes in from a completely different direction and lands right where his legs had been prior to a forwards dive. Landing on his left hand, Engar flipped back onto his feet and pounded them down on the rocky ground.

Things were beginning to happen all around him, strange shapes were becomming more solid amongst the clouds as he ran away from his unseen aggressor.

"Engar," came the taunting voice, "Why're you running from little ol' me?"

Cackling insanely the figure appeared right in front of him, hands held high above her head with an orangish beam sword sparking between them. Eyes glinting with the sort of madness that comes with incredible power, Ryoko swung her sword downwards; taking serveral strands of hair but not Engar himself.

"Cant keep running," echoed her taunting voice as he scampered backwards, running right into the cavern wall. Taking a deep breath and glancing in all directions, Engar realised too late that a wall wasn't as much of a barrier for Ryoko. Two slender hands reached out and grabbed his head, cracking it visciously back against the stone.

Ryoko appeared next, summersaulting through the air and landing with feet centered perfectly on the small of Engar's back, sending him flying off his feet. Landing harshly, the ground scratching at his chin, he took a couple of seconds to shake the dazedness off and by the time he looked up his head was still ringing.

A blade of energy appeared right under his chin, humming as it sliced passing air molecules. Frantic and on the edge of his tether, Engar took a deep breath and screamed out a frenzied cry:

"This isn't fair, I need help now!"

The sparks dimmed for a second, Ryoko glancing upwards and around in confusion, then thrived. Coalescing above the pair, the sparks gathered together into one mighty bolt that plunged downards and earthed itself directly into Engar. A pink glow surrounded him for a second, then exploded outwards. At the end of it Ryoko floating backwards, well out of range, and waiting for the glow to die down.

"The tides have turned.."

Kicking off the ground - Engar rose upwards from the pink brandishing a thin, ivory pole. As Ryoko swept her blade downwards, Engar caught it with his own weapon with no sign of fear. Sparks of pink surrounded the two as they met but the pole withstood the blow and Engar managed to force Ryoko backwards.

"You're.." was all that Ryoko managed to say before Engar zoomed forwards, still hovering in mid-air, and caught the shocked Ryoko in the face with his elbow. Moving even as Ryoko recoiled backwards, Engar twirled his pole and brought it down on Ryoko's stomach - sending her flying down into the ground.

The impact shook the cavern and sent dust flying everywhere but before Ryoko could rise up Engar was wielding his weapon. Bringing it down with a flare of energy, four pink bolts leapt from it and down onto Ryoko's arms and legs. Four odd chains appeared, restraining the space pirate for the moment.

Then Engar landed, smirking with his weapon twirling between his fingers.

"You're a.."

Engar shrugged, the bulky grey and white dress shifting slightly. Still he did drop the peaky cap and glasses beside him, he was damned if he'd be an uncool -

"Fairy Godmother?!"

Catching the wand with a frown, Engar glanced over his shoulder at the small but very capable fairy wings.

"It would appear so; still this form has power here."

He laughed as Ryoko screamed and struggled against the flower chains that bound her.

"Ready to finish this fight?"

OOC: That was fun, but I should mention that Ryoko wanted to RP as the actual Ryoko. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryoko sat in a branch of a tree, listening to the birds chirping and casually blasting them with rapid projectile beams that spewed from her hands like a bullet from a pistol. She was bored and she needed something to do. Fast. Before the boredom became too much for her to comprehend. She knew who would give her the most fun so she decided to go and visit her mother, who was a scientific genious and then some. As she entered Washu's laboratory through the wall into washu's lab she was hit by a random bolt of energy that seemed to come from nowhere. As she awoke, she found herself in a very strange place indeed...

As she studied her surroundings, she noted what seemed to strike her as... wierd. She appeared to be in a giant room, which was decorated with pictures of giant green people with pink hair and arms that went on for miles. "What the..." she thought. "That looks like the art of a 5 year old? It cant be..." Only one thing sprang to mind. She was hopelessly lost again! Why did these things always seem to happen to her? "Hey" she thought to herself, "I suppose it'll cure my boredom."

No sooner had she thought these fateful words when, from the bed, which seemed to stretch on for miles, she notices a man standing, looking down upon her.

"Hey, who are you and why am I here" yelled Ryoko, desperate to find a sense of worth in this desolate place.

"I would ask you the same question" retorted the man, who seemed to be wearing a kilt for reasons unknown to Ryoko. She was after all, not.. schooled in foreign dress codes.

"I know only one thing" the man said, his voice cutting through the mist which had suddenly developed on the floor. "It appears we are to fight each other. If you are worthy, you will know the name of your philanderer soon enough!"

With that, he disappeared from view, hidden by the mist.

Ryoko knew she had to fight so she prepared herself, forging a sabre from the very mist which surrounded her and hovering 10 feet above the ground scanning the mist for some sign of movement. She suddenly found herself falling towards the ground and the waiting man, who met her descent with a roundhouse kick. The man then wielded something from behind his back and brought it crashing into her stomach and causing her to double up in a heap on the floor. Her sabre dissipated before it even touched the ground. She felt blood trickling slowly down her cheek, much slower than what had just happened.

"Is that all? I would of thought Ryoko had more than that, being a pirate and all! It looks like you shall never know my name now."

He was taunting her and she didn't like it at all. The tone in his voice.. the way it cut through air....

She felt the need to move and leapt into the air, creating a new saber and vanishing from the mans view. She came up behind him and swung at his legs with a roundhouse kick, knocking him over like a cascade of tin cans. She twirled her saber in her right hand and brought it down where the mans head should have mean. But it wasn't. She instinctively brought her saber up again, deflecting a lance and slicing it in too. Then she saw what she was after. The opening she needed. She brought her left fist into the mist and felt it collide with something soft, dissipating the mist around her. She struck again with her right leg in a roundhouse kick, catching the mans neck with her foot, turning the man into the flying scotsman. As the man slid along the ground, landing next to the bed post, he found himself lifting into the air.

"Gonna tell me your name yet, shrimp?" Ryoko taunted as her fist collided with the mans chin, sending him crashing up onto the bed above.

The man whiped the blood from his mouth and spat it out, over the now cliff like crevace that the mist covered.

"Well, you fight better than I expected, Ryoko. The names Engar. Remember it for it will be the last name you hear in this place!

Occ: Uhm... not very good I know but.. ~_~

Best answers
Engar: Very good use of the venue, I especially liked the dramatic turn of the tide and the fairy godmother transformation.

Ryoko: You were lacking in the department of use of the venue, but your attack styling was commendable. To me, the girl's mind seemed like a very misty place. :p

Round 1: Engar

Round 2! Fight!

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
"I wont let you make a fool of me!"

Instead of merely fazing through the fairy-chains, Ryoko locked her cold glare onto the unpeturbed 'Fairy Godmother' and concentrated her energy. Sparks of pure energy crawled up and down her body, collecting near each bond. Opening her mouth and drawing a deep breath, Ryoko screamed and threw herself against the chains one last time.

They shattered in a burst of energy and Ryoko was free, spiralling upwards into the air with a battle-cry tearing before her. Slowing directly above Engar, she pointed downwards and released another bolt before disappearing again.

Hopping backwards and twirling, the dumpy fabric of the dress flapping in the wind, Engar caught the bolt with his wand swinging like a bat and sent the orange energy flying directly towards Ryoko as she faded into existence in front of him. Screaming, Ryoko brought her hands forwards and caught the bolt; twisting out of the orbs path before releasing it.

Turning back, murder in her eyes, Ryoko disappeared and reappeared behind Engar. One fist went directly forwards like a piston, pounding through the dress and directly into the small of his back - sending a numb feeling all across his body as he flew forwards.

Body arching backwards, Engar had no way of halting himself in time to avoid Ryoko who faded into sight right in front of him, both feet sinking into his stomach and knocking the wind right out of him. She was gone only for an instant, then reappeared by his left side with her right palm swinging around to hit him at shoulder level - he spiralled sideways and landed hard on the rugged terrain.

There was the clatter of the wand hitting the ground and rolling towards Ryoko's feet.

"Cute" the wand shattered as she brought her foot down, "but I'm tired of all the kids games."

Engar pushed himself up onto his feet and glared at her, fairy wings twitching as he conecentrated. He took a step back and rubbed the blood from his lips, the blow to the back had made his movements unsteady and landing on his face had given him a black eye and split lip.

"You're so mature Ryoko," Engar smirked, wincing as he did so, and closed his eyes, "thats what is holding you back." Both hands came together before him, palm to palm, with the tips of the fingers pointing upwards. Sparks began to dance across the hands, bathing them once again in that pink glow, then they spread outwards over his entire body.

This was the mind of a child - judging by the colour, a girl - and you had to play by their rules. Thats why the form of a Fairy Godmother has power, because they have power in the stories and that sort of image sticks. If this were a boy he could some ancient heroes or powerful warriors or whole armies. But being in a girls mind didn't make him weaker, it just meant that he had to think.. differently.

Engar smiled through closed eyes, even as Ryoko screamed and charged.

His right hand swept upwards, pink energy crackling up its length and beyond - solidifying into a thin shape while Ryoko's hands came up and summoned her beam sword.

Then energy clawed down his back, part of it sweeping down from his shoulders and away from his body as Ryoko kicked off the ground and rose up into the air.

The energy continued downwards, refining small details, changing little things, making Engar into something quite different just as Ryoko reached the apex of her ascent.

Then she plummeted, sword swinging downwards with the rage and fury of the pissed off space pirate, and Engar finally began to move. He ducked and twirled, the object in his right hand sending sparks flying as it scraped off the ground, then as he brought it up - completing the 360 - it met with beam sword.

"Not again!"

Ryoko kicked off Engar's shoulders and summersaulted backwards through the air, landing crouched before looking up at him with simmering hate. Engar was dressed slightly less oddly: tunic, trousers, boots and a sweeping cape that flapped in the wind. In his hands, pink sparks just dying down, was a thin metal sword.

Engar honoured Ryoko with an expansive bow, one hand held to the chest while the sword hand swept outwards:

"Prince Charming, if you will."

Snarling, Ryoko leapt forwards again with the beam sword sizzling through the air. Engar dodged out of the way of another vertical slice and brought his sword up to check a horizontal one. Swinging his sword around, Engar forced Ryoko backwards and slashed at her - her beam sword coming up to catch his just inches away from her shoulder. The two darted forwards and backwards, swords clashing as they danced through the misty surroundings.

The very scenery was beginning to change now, things were appearing and disappearing every second as the small girl lost interest. Horses, toads, knights and witches swept around them but nothing seemed permanent enough to have an affect. Using the temporary shock of a toad hopping onto her head from behind and disappearing in the next second, Engar swept his sword forwards and slashed it against her right shoulder - leaving a thin red line.

Yowling, Ryoko stumbled backwards and was lost from view behind a shimmering unicorn. Eager to finish the fight, Engar leapt forwards - expecting it to disappear - and was startled when he met a wall of horse. The animal screamed, mad eyes rolling at him, and rose up before him.

"Got ya!"

Ryoko appeared by his side, energy crackling in her right hand as he turned to meet her. There was a moment of confusion, her right hand releasing a bolt of energy into his stomach, his sword digging into hers, then the two were sent rolling away.

Engar landed a couple of feet from Ryoko, screaming out with pain from the blackened burn that Ryoko had left on his stomach. Wincing, he forced himself to look up at Ryoko who was bitterly tearing off scraps off her sleave and wrapping them around the deep gash she had suffered.

Grasping his sword and using it as a staff, Engar forced himself back onto his feet and glared at the pale-faced Ryoko. He raised his sword to her, ignoring the pain coursing through his body for the moment.

"Give up Ryoko or I end this for good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom