It's time for my annual-obligatory half incredibly grateful, half teasing post!

Best answers
I can remember, way back in high school, rocking the 1.2 build across a LAN at school, and decimating an entire crowded server against me. I never particularly used WON, as we were most likely the last family in the states to get high speed internet, so I was mostly regulated to local games. It was (and is!!) phenomenal.

Fast forward to my undergrad. I had a roommate who also watched DBZ as a kid, and when I showed him ESF he couldn't put it down. We played and played. I told him it was probably too soon, but when we moved to our own apartment next year we'd probably be playing the 1.3. It continued throughout my entire undergraduate career, and became kind of a running joke; maybe this year we'd get to play 1.3!!

Fast forward even more; We graduated! After five years (I'm a slow learner!) of joking, we both moved away and we laughed about talking about 1.3 before our first year had ended. I moved up to NY to pursue my masters, and he moved to DC for work.

At New York, the story repeated itself, but with a longtime friend from back home. I suggested that one day, maybe, we'd play the next version. After two years, I got my masters degree, and moved back home.

I was worried that one day, when it did release, the icing on the cake would be that my stone-aged based computer wouldn't be able to run it. It didn't have that new Pixel Shader you guys were talking about, so it couldn't chisel the pictures into stone quick enough. But, you guys were kind enough to wait to release it until I started a career, and finally got a great computer.

So, I just wanted to let you know, I finally got a new computer, so you can go ahead and release now. :) Either that, or I'll come back and append this story later with 'And then I told my kids that one day, we'd be able to play ESF...' ;)

(I do want to note that while this story is true, I'm just poking fun at a very hard working and dedicated crew. I can't thank you enough for all the fun and the time I've spent playing this game with friends and family. Keep up the good work, and I hope that the final version is everything you all want it to be, and it get you all picked up by some company for a jillion dollars!!!)

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Woaw.. You're successful, nice story too :p

Best answers
Addendum: I'm not actually successful, yet. Making little to no money with 100k worth of student loans. My field pays really well, just can't seem to break into it yet. I just really wanted a new laptop, and NewEgg caught me with an OpenBox deal on it right after my paycheck ;)

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Haha know that feeling :p
Still.. You've accomplished something ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom