It's kind of sad really...

Best answers
I remember playing this mod all the way back in 2003 when I was still in high school. It was awesome - it had a great style of gameplay, had a decent community of people playing it. Lots of people were into DBZ so it had great potential for further growth too - of course content wise it was still a little incomplete. Thinking of 1.1 here.

All that had to be done to push it further and make it all the more popular was to flesh out the content. Add and balance further transformations, add a couple of new characters perhaps. People already liked the gameplay and wanted more of the same so should have been a no-brainer.

Instead, the devs adamantly refused to do this and whet about adding new and unwanted systems and engaging in the most ridiculous case of feature creep I've ever seen for a mod in any game. People were crying out for transformations and characters, but instead the devs came out with Dance-dance-revolution. Surprise surprise, ESF slowly died.
I've checked back to the site now and then over the years, interested in seeing the next release, and something that stuck me was the endless reskinning of characters and the like - just these pointless wastes of time when there hadn't been a decent, fun release in forever. 1.1 was fun as hell, if we'd just had more stuff added and balanced think of the years of fun that could have been had.

I haven't kept up with whose who with the developers, I suppose the original people mostly probably aren't even involved anymore - goodness knows, but god damn it what a waste.
This mod had so much potential, what a waste.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then the sheep heard around the fire for ghost stories.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you think anyone that reads this will agree with you? Do you think that you're going to change anything at all? Did you have nothing better to do with your Wednesday night?

Let me tell you something -- 1.1 is gone. It has been gone for 8 years. I am sorry that you could not give 1.2.3 a chance, but let me assure you, as someone who hated 1.2 at first, 1.2.3 is a great game. The fact that people are still playing it is a testament to just how good of a game it is. Let it go.

I can't imagine how shitty it must feel to work on something that is as hard and time consuming as creating a video game is -- to do this for 10 ******* years because I had a passion to do it, never once getting paid or compensated, and then have to come to my own website and read people talk shit about my work. Maybe I wouldn't mind if it was legitimate criticism, but this is nothing more than insults from someone who is unhappy with the game.

The next version is revamping the melee system; adding more characters; adding every transformation for those characters, as well as giving all of those characters high quality models, skins, and animations; Redoing the map system to allow for higher quality, massive maps; redoing the physics system to give the game a better feel; adding more attacks, and nicer effects. I don't know what more you could possibly want. If you think you can do a better job, go make your own mod, then get back to us when it never even gets off the ground.

For the record, I was around when 1.2 was being developed. The most requested features were transformations and a new melee system.

Discord Member
Best answers
What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you think anyone that reads this will agree with you? Do you think that you're going to change anything at all? Did you have nothing better to do with your Wednesday night?

Let me tell you something -- 1.1 is gone. It has been gone for 8 years. I am sorry that you could not give 1.2.3 a chance, but let me assure you, as someone who hated 1.2 at first, 1.2.3 is a great game. The fact that people are still playing it is a testament to just how good of a game it is. Let it go.

I can't imagine how shitty it must feel to work on something that is as hard and time consuming as creating a video game is -- to do this for 10 ******* years because I had a passion to do it, never once getting paid or compensated, and then have to come to my own website and read people talk shit about my work. Maybe I wouldn't mind if it was legitimate criticism, but this is nothing more than insults from someone who is unhappy with the game.

The next version is revamping the melee system; adding more characters; adding every transformation for those characters, as well as giving all of those characters high quality models, skins, and animations; Redoing the map system to allow for higher quality, massive maps; redoing the physics system to give the game a better feel; adding more attacks, and nicer effects. I don't know what more you could possibly want. If you think you can do a better job, go make your own mod, then get back to us when it never even gets off the ground.

For the record, I was around when 1.2 was being developed. The most requested features were transformations and a new melee system.
Don't let this get you down or anything sub, this guy is just ungrateful. I appreciate all the work you put into final sub :D ! @ OP, The team is working hard to get this game done as best they can, and I honestly can't believe threads like this are still being made. ESF team = gods amoungst men, heck I'd kiss their feet IRL if they would let me..

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You made me laugh so much Dam.

Mostly because that kid looks like you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't let this get you down or anything sub, this guy is just ungrateful. I appreciate all the work you put into final sub :D ! @ OP, The team is working hard to get this game done as best they can, and I honestly can't believe threads like this are still being made. ESF team = gods amoungst men, heck I'd kiss their feet IRL if they would let me..
I'm not on the team, but thanks anyway ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Haha I thought the same, he seriously looked like you Dam!

No game looks and plays the same as it did 10 years ago...well if the game development is still alive, which is very rare. Think about it, the gaming environment looks totally different than what it did 10 years ago of course the game will not look and feel the same as then.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I've checked back to the site now and then over the years, interested in seeing the next release, and something that stuck me was the endless reskinning of characters and the like - just these pointless wastes of time when there hadn't been a decent, fun release in forever. 1.1 was fun as hell, if we'd just had more stuff added and balanced think of the years of fun that could have been had.
You're right. Damn those modellers/texture artists re-texturing and touching their work up while the mod is being coded/tweaked.

They should totally be coding/mapping! Everytime something is textured the team has to stop everything they are doing and watch them complete it!

o ya ur dum go away u poopface lolol

--- edit ---

Also this owns and this is you isn't it sean

Best answers
there was a mod called "stargate the new enemy" they also developed over 10 years without a release....they showed videos and screens.........they developed it into death.... no release...

but also we have no rights to force anything from the team....i also give a shit about if the game crashes every 3 seconds..i would love to play what they got already...also wanted to help them providing them with some models to complete maps and stuff....its not that they dont like them they simple dont answer my mails....

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was a mod called "stargate the new enemy" they also developed over 10 years without a release....they showed videos and screens.........they developed it into death.... no release...
To be fair, did that stargate mod release anything playable in those 10 years? ESF has a long history of releasing. Alpha 1.5, Alpha 1.9, Alpha 2.0, Beta 1.0, Beta 1.1, Beta 1.2, Beta 1.2.1, Beta 1.2.3 (due to a bug 1.2.2 only lasted a few hours if I recall correctly), and then the weekly 1.3 releases. I believe that the final version is going to come out.

Best answers
does that really matter in that case? well they had a playable simulator on which they started out the game...so kinda yes.the simulator was playable and then they thought ok lets make a game.

most part what pisses me off is that i worked on that trunks time machine...as a sample of my style.....its 97%done now but well....i dont see the use of finishing a model what wont be used....i offered it the team to use and i didnt even wanted any payment or release or something......mastasurf didnt answer 3 of my mails.....and i wrote to dalte....that mapper raven told me about and well....also no reply...its not that they dont want it or think it sucks....only that u dont even give a answer when u wanna help truly pisses me off! i offered to make building or something....i suck at skinning....but every helping hand helps i guess.....but ohwell...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does that really matter in that case? well they had a playable simulator on which they started out the game...so kinda yes.the simulator was playable and then they thought ok lets make a game.

most part what pisses me off is that i worked on that trunks time machine...as a sample of my style.....its 97%done now but well....i dont see the use of finishing a model what wont be used....i offered it the team to use and i didnt even wanted any payment or release or something......mastasurf didnt answer 3 of my mails.....and i wrote to dalte....that mapper raven told me about and well....also no reply...its not that they dont want it or think it sucks....only that u dont even give a answer when u wanna help truly pisses me off! i offered to make building or something....i suck at skinning....but every helping hand helps i guess.....but ohwell...
Raven is a coder lol

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
......mastasurf didnt answer 3 of my mails.....and i wrote to dalte....that mapper raven told me about and well....also no reply...its not that they dont want it or think it sucks....only that u dont even give a answer when u wanna help truly pisses me off! i offered to make building or something....i suck at skinning....but every helping hand helps i guess.....but ohwell...
Maybe they are lazy???:) My suggestioins:
* Try to contact mappers "Layne" or "DJ-Ready".
* Or just try to work with that new guy "gigirs50".

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or maybe, just MAYBE have patience?
i've been here since euhm, 2002 i believe maybe 2001 since my first account
got banned for reporting a leaked version a few years back -.-"

Yes i want esf final but as long i know the devs are even doing a little work on it i'm satisfied...

Maybe when you come of age you realise it more that it's actually free time they are putting on a game just for us.
Well not just us but still...
Even the work gigers is doing and the replies of the devs is more than enough imo.

Even if they are lazy, they do what they want, it's their free time.
Suggestion: Left 4 dead 1 and 2 keeps you busy a while.
Also trine 2 could be entertaining if you have some friends on steam ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom