its 1.2 question day!

Best answers
1st off all great job and thnx alot for 1.2 on saturday! ;D

I have a question about bots in 1.2.

Are there bots available on saturday aswell or are they still WIP?

And about the teleporting part, how long does it take before the after image dissapears?

For example: if you have a server with 20 players, and they will all teleport what prevents us from getting mad from after images? O_O

thats about it....for now :)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Vegeta said:
1st off all great job and thnx alot for 1.2 on saturday! ;D

I have a question about bots in 1.2.

Are there bots available on saturday aswell or are they still WIP?

And about the teleporting part, how long does it take before the after image dissapears?

For example: if you have a server with 20 players, and they will all teleport what prevents us from getting mad from after images? O_O

thats about it....for now :)
We originally decided to integrate the bots into our main installer for 1.2 release, but let's see what the outcome is (I'm not sure myself).

As for the teleport afterimages, I think[/u] it's 1 - 1.5 seconds (joe/hars will tell you the exact value).

Best answers
I think the afer image effect is only a quick effect, bots I dont think will be apart of 1.2 but you can download from the ESF bot site :eek:

They are in WIP as far as I know.

Best answers
While we've got a question thread here, I might as well ask mine. Do kicks do any more/less damage than punches, or are their inclusion just for aesthetic purposes?

How much damage do the various melee attacks do? I'm not asking for an exact number; just a rough estimate of how much more damage you can expect to do if you throw, combo or 12-pre-punch instead of the 1.1 smack attack.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard pcjoe say a little while ago that kicks do 1 damage more then a punch, but take a little longer to perform.

Best answers
Bots WILL be included with 1.2, [Me]/Rick said it himself on the ESF Bot Forums after I asked him.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kicks take slightly longer to charge and do slightly more damage. I'm not sure about exactly 1 more damage, but more damage, and they are/will be used in combos.

Best answers
I should have asked these a while ago but while this is here i'll ask...

1) do multiple powerstruggles now work in teammode and not just free for all? :p

2) did the team beef up the powerstruggles/multipowerstruggles like it said on the outline?

Best answers
I think they were done, dont know for sure though..

Good thing about the bots though :)

Sound Artist
Best answers
Nothing major has been added to beams or powerstruggles. Expect something big for 1.3 though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Danimoth lives! said:
how big dammit
VERY BIG O_O (to state the obvious, so no confusion comes of it, it means I don't know :p)

Bots will be included in the installer and in a folder of their own under the esf folder directory (I'm told, not 100% garunteed, yes they will be in, how though, I'm not so sure).

Best answers
FreeDoM said:
Nothing major has been added to beams or powerstruggles. Expect something big for 1.3 though.
I like the part bout 1.3 , maybe i should give esf 1.2 to my mum for mothers day (sunday for me diffent time zone :eek:)

Best answers
How will swooping and shooting/melee work now?

For example.. normally you couldn't charge a beam while swooping, cuz in order to swoop you needed to have melee selected..
Will it be possible? Or do i have to slow down to normal flying speed to charge? Kinda think charging while swooping wouldn't actually improve the gameplay.. o_o

also, right now, from what i understand from the manual, the prepunching will begin as soon as i swoop into someone..
Question is: will i need to have melee selected in the weapons menu before swooping into someone will let the prepunching begin?

It would in my opinion improve gameplay so very very much if you'd be able to have for instance generic beam selected, and don't have to switch to melee to punch someone.. (meaning it would be possible to swoop around with a beam selected, and just start melee by swooping into someone) that way shooting beams in fights wouldn't be as dangerous as it is now, cuz you can't ~really~ get caught of gaurd by somebody trying to melee you, cuz you are kinda always in melee mode.. still catching my drift..? o_O

Maybe that would cause people to use ki attacks, and especially beam attacks more, instead of 100% melee attacks.. gets boring so very very fast.. :tired:

Also.. can i still teleport into someone and instantly start attacking.. in the case of 1.2, prepunching? Or would it be so that if you don't want to use more time by doubletapping in order to start swooping and PPunching, you could just use the 1.1 melee style attack? Meaning, can i still melee attack somebody without swooping at him first..? Like it is right now, you just aim and hit..

That's all.. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sentient said:
How will swooping and shooting/melee work now?

For example.. normally you couldn't charge a beam while swooping, cuz in order to swoop you needed to have melee selected..
Will it be possible? Or do i have to slow down to normal flying speed to charge? Kinda think charging while swooping wouldn't actually improve the gameplay.. o_o
You can swoop with a beam selected, but you can't shoot it while swooped.

Sentient said:
also, right now, from what i understand from the manual, the prepunching will begin as soon as i swoop into someone..
Question is: will i need to have melee selected in the weapons menu before swooping into someone will let the prepunching begin?
Yes, to initiate melee, you need to have melee selected.

Sentient said:
It would in my opinion improve gameplay so very very much if you'd be able to have for instance generic beam selected, and don't have to switch to melee to punch someone.. (meaning it would be possible to swoop around with a beam selected, and just start melee by swooping into someone) that way shooting beams in fights wouldn't be as dangerous as it is now, cuz you can't ~really~ get caught of gaurd by somebody trying to melee you, cuz you are kinda always in melee mode.. still catching my drift..? o_O
Just use the "last used attack" feature, it's not that hard ;).

Sentient said:
Maybe that would cause people to use ki attacks, and especially beam attacks more, instead of 100% melee attacks.. gets boring so very very fast.. :tired:
Melee is going to take a lot longer to be tired of :).

Sentient said:
Also.. can i still teleport into someone and instantly start attacking.. in the case of 1.2, prepunching? Or would it be so that if you don't want to use more time by doubletapping in order to start swooping and PPunching, you could just use the 1.1 melee style attack? Meaning, can i still melee attack somebody without swooping at him first..? Like it is right now, you just aim and hit..
To use Advanced Melee you have to swoop, but you don't have to for knockbacks (as long as you are close enough to the person, like in 1.1).

Sentient said:
That's all.. :)
Ok

Best answers
edit: Ty to shadow for clearing that up :p

The thing im looking forward to is switching between melee's since you can do both.

edit: I changed this post way too many times :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
I think 1.1 melee can still be done..infact im pretty sure it can be.
Yeah it's called a KnockBack. Or atleast that's what it's called in the manual ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom