it wont let me download when i join

Best answers
everytime i join games that require to download the map or other admin stuff it wont let me.... it just exits the game and doesnt say anything... it loads to the part where it says verifying resources... then it exits.. can any1 help me? do u guys no the problem?

Best answers
Hmmm If the admin won't let you,well theres nothing you can do about that.
If you need to download a map,Steam should automatically upload it to you.
Hmmm,and if it shuts down during "Verifying Resources" theres something wrong.Might be in your ESF Directory,maybe it can't save it.
Best thing to do would be to RE-install ESF.

-GuZzie

Best answers
its not just esf... every single 1 of my half-life engine games..... if it requires the download of a map or anything it wont let me download.... it stops at verifying resources then it exits without giving me any error

Best answers
Ahhh,God...this can get really annoying,those little problems with no error sign.Hmmmm... Might be your Firewall?? not allowing it to download the map.Due to that,Steam might shut down the game to the reaction of not being able to download it?? I dunno man.

-GuZzie

Best answers
i tried everything... I tried turning off firewall... everything.. You'll find out alot of pple have this same problem

Best answers
Ok,My guess is all the files under "Steam" are just stuffed up,or the file that allows it to "Download Maps".Hmmmm,tell me.Have you moved the ESF Directory [Or the other half-life games] somewhere else besides under the Steam Apps > Name Acc > Half-life etc.

Best answers
hmm well this might explain but i doubt it.... my steam is in program files/steam not program files/valve/steam

Best answers
Yep,mate I think thats the problem...Try and arrange it like this
C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\guzzyriggz

Note : Guzzyriggz is my STEAM ACCOUNT NAME...You should have something esle there.They must be under those files.Not the C: Drive.But under Program files ETC

-GuZzie

Best answers
isnt it suppose to be in Valve then steam? well i dont think that matters because b4 it works... and now it doesnt

Best answers
Lol,man your making it hard.Its not supose to be under valve I 100% assure you that its under this method C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\guzzyriggz
You'll have to transfer the whole "Steam" files under that.

-GuZzie

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try deleting ClientRegistry.blob in you steam dir and then run steam, it should start updating when it launches afterwards. If that doesn't work then reinstall half-life + your mods or reinstall steam, hl and your mods if that still doesn't work.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Lol,man your making it hard.Its not supose to be under valve I 100% assure you that its under this method C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\guzzyriggz
You'll have to transfer the whole "Steam" files under that.

-GuZzie
Actualy it doesnt matter where it is.

I have it on D:\games\steam\ and it works perfectly.

It could be something else causing the problem. Try doing what overlord said.

Best answers
yea thnx u guys ill try.... because originally i had it on program files/steam. then i tried making a valve folder in program files and shoved it in there

EDIT:

nvm it didnt work it s till exits it... any1 got any ideas?

Best answers
whats that have to do with anything? anyway im using open GL

EDIT:

I think I found the problem.... but i dunno how to fix it... today i was playing a hl engine game. its called zombie panic. So i tried joining a VAC secured server that requires to download the map.. So i joined. it stopped at "verifying resources" and exited me off zombie panic without giving a single error.. as usual. then i went to zombie panic again..... i looked at servers and i joined a server thats not VAC secured and it also required to download the map... it worked!! it let me download the map.. i think the problem is the VAC.. maybe i need a VAC proof? like Cheating-Death from along time ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom