It snowed in the UK... in October?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Today at around 8 or so GMT, it began to snow and has left a pretty impressive layer of snow. Nothing in weather forecasts, all it says is light rain.
I noticed it due to it messing with my TV signal.

Global Warming? Sunspots? Planetary Alignment?

Anyone else had snow?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably won't get snow here till January.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started snowing here about 3pm ish. Its not completely unheard of, I remember when i was young about 5-ish we got about 6 inches of snow in October. Most of the time we get snow in January-February though. Apparently its due to a band of arctic weather moving across europe, my sister said that in spain its really cold at the moment too, so its not just us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started getting snow in Syracuse. Had to walk to class with little icy pellets hitting my face. That was fun.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm, frankly, surprised that we haven't had snow in Winterpeg, yet (for those who completely missed that, it's a portmanteau on the name of the city "Winnipeg", making light of the fact that our winters are about as long and nasty as it gets in the more populated areas of Canada; come January and February, the only place colder, from time to time, is Siberia).

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the white stuff on the ground by Halloween. If not, we'll probably get a show-stopping snowstorm in November. Huzzah!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It uh.. rained all day in new york. That doesn't count, I know =(

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm, frankly, surprised that we haven't had snow in Winterpeg, yet (for those who completely missed that, it's a portmanteau on the name of the city "Winnipeg", making light of the fact that our winters are about as long and nasty as it gets in the more populated areas of Canada; come January and February, the only place colder, from time to time, is Siberia).

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the white stuff on the ground by Halloween. If not, we'll probably get a show-stopping snowstorm in November. Huzzah!
Same. Here in Fort Collins, Colorado, we usually have a decent helping of the whitestuff by now. There was maybe one or two days where it snowed but melted as it hit the ground. :(

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Same. Here in Fort Collins, Colorado, we usually have a decent helping of the whitestuff by now. There was maybe one or two days where it snowed but melted as it hit the ground. :(
How are the mountains doing in terms of snow? I plan on going out to CO to go boarding the first week of November. Going to try to hit A-Basin and Vail.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you hear about 'Global Cooling'?

SEARCH 4 YOURSELVEZ!

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How are the mountains doing in terms of snow? I plan on going out to CO to go boarding the first week of November. Going to try to hit A-Basin and Vail.
You'll be decent at least at Arapahoe, but I don't think Vail opens until toward the end of November.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you hear about 'Global Cooling'?

SEARCH 4 YOURSELVEZ!
Indeed but 2 days later, most of it has melted and we haven't had any precipitation since. Plus, global cooling doesn't sound as interesting as my other ideas.

Last edited:

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Snowed in toronto a week back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom