Island Map Error

Best answers
I searched on "Island" but didn't find anything so i guess this hasn't happened to others :S

When i create or just join the map called "Island" (Official Map) i just crashes when i have played like 5 secs in it... (sometimes 10 secs :S) i have no idea why it is doing so :( and i hate it... i think Island is the coolest map and then i cant even play it :( when some of my friends create it, it does the same thing... i think its wird... :'(
Anyone who knows the problem and know how to repair it???

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u r have to b j/king a 9700 pro not support opengl
that is ***

and here i am deciding 2 buy a gecube 128mbddr2 radeon 9600XT Xtreme

EDIT: Ati do have trouble with some of there drives , there4 when i get my card tomorrow i will stick with gigaxcube's default drivers that come with the card (the company is a bit werid , it has 2 name gigaxcube & geacube , and it is partly owned buy gigabyte) all i can recomend doing is finding another manafactuor's drivers (if i can remeber correctly creative's driver software had no probs with most 9700pros , depending on what manafactour your card was made buy , get ati's (the gpu makers) drivers

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry for double posting but what company made your 9700 pro card Son Asid

EDIT: after installing new drivers i also recomend re-installing your hl , esf

Best answers
well.... it was ATI Radeon 9700 Pro... i can play Serious Sam that runs on OpenGL but when i play ESF it dosen't work... i can't see the menu bars and stuff... really wird cus i can play cs, coop-op and hl with OpenGL but not ESF :S and i got the newest driver i think :( something must be wrong... when i make a map with OpenGL it just closes down but when i opens it the aim is gone instead i can see my mouse arrow... and as i said before... all PL, HP and stuff is gone... tho i can play, just not fun when u cant see what KI u got and stuff :( but i noticed i now can actually see marks from the explosion!!!! cool man!!! can the ESF team not make it so u can play Island and that there are explosion marks with Direct3d???

Best answers
ya dude i have readeon 9500 pro i play in direct 3d cause i dont like opengl when go into the game then theres is a little box in the left upper corner i can get it away with just pressing esc then go into game but i hate to do that evrytime

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i live with opengl on hl , sure u mite get that glitch but i don't care bout it. as i said earlier in this thread i was going to get a gexcube radeon 9600xt 128mb extreme. On Both d3d and opengl i can top 110fps a sec (for those of u with top performing cards , or those who want to get more frames type in the consol fps_max space then your number) example fps_max 85 . i am thinking of strting a project on graphics card (a site rather) i am looking for pplz to staff me aswell. if u r interested in my idea just send me a private measge thru the forums. if u r still getting these problems then go check ati's website and get the lateset ones (i think it's 3.99) i am not sure excatly but do it , trust me. if u still have troubles then what i suggest u do is just reinstall hl and esf or just esf , or just go find the latest hl update. i can't see why the radeon 9700pro has this trouble , some of the radeon cards have troubles and so do some of the drivers (speaking of which some manafactuers of the radeon chips design dodge circuit boards) plus , ati had a leak in the drivers (the people who made them didn't make them to well but as far as i know they have probably been fired) . if u r gonna get a radeon card then go with these brands : Gexcube(also known has gigaxcube),ASUS & Powercolor , Those are the best brands i can remember off the top off my head (asus only started using radeon chips are they are dam good cards they make) , but the gexcube one i just got today and i have no problem with it, except with gexcube don't BE FOOLED!!!. just to make people buy them some computer stores will put the extreme stickes on the box to make u think it is - that's what i found at the markets in north rocks 2day - make sure the sticker has been put on when the box is sealed. other then all of the above , some trojan or virus or someone or something could of modified the hl exacutible. just try what i have said , it should work ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry for double posting yet again , but i would like to reccomend to u for a radeon card , get a gexcube vard . my card has 2.5ns graphics ddr ram and it is quick. the models to get are the 9600xt xtreme and 9800 pro extreme (dam Nvidia and ati are on edge battling and debaiting , finding new partners and so on) if you want more info on today's graphics cards go to http://www.digital-daily.com/video/

Best answers
anyone who knows a map just like Island just that it works with Direct3d? and are there any addons that makes Explosion marks possible with Direct3d?

links please if u can help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I know that when I had to use Direct3D I couldn't load esf_island and I don't remember if I could see the blast marks (remember that the blast marks don't appear from beam jump explosions, just incase that's what you mean). The one thing that pissed me off about D3D is the sky, it would have like a Goku skin in it mixed in with some of the HUD elements. Very weird. Did you try the driver update? That's what it was for me (GeForce2 and I can get it working fine :)).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that just provews that having up to date drivers for your card (and in some cases a visual bios update) can fix problems in certain games and certain maps in esf , i never had the problem with esf_island in d3d , all it did is when i played ctdbs mode it crashed when i found some of the dbs , (this was when i had a 800mhz athlon , 512ddr333 ram that i still use , my old gigabyte mainboard with an ok decent amd via chipset , and an asus geforce 2 gts 32mb) that gts is actually a PRETTY GOOD CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! god damit my bro owns it hmm..... mite buy it off him - this card can match a geforce4 mx 460 and 440 to easily - o well

Best answers
well i think i got the newest update... :'( i really dont know why it dont work... its wierd :S

Best answers
srry for the double post, but i have an idea.
try going to configuration at esf's menu screen, go to video, then go to video modes, then set it to OpenGL, if u didnt already.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol , there is not much diiference in ssj2 goahn's card and mine in esf , i got an extreme gexcube 128mb ddr radeon 9600xt , buy the way have u done a benchmark with 3d mark 200lse or 2003 ssj2 gohan ? is it ati's refrence card ?

Best answers
WHen you get ingame with OpenGL, U don't see bars? Thats coz of rezolution, my kid! Go ingame with opengl, when it enters, press escape and press resume after u press escape button. Then diconnect, go in main esf menu, go in config, go in video, go in video mods, and when u're there,press OK.
Then again create game, it should be no problems. Me happened to when I had desktop rezolution 1280x960, and when it was 1204x760 ingame. :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Btw did you tried steam? I can't play with D3D on the old HL but with steam I can o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom