Is your brain being infected?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ever checked read the ingredients for the food you eat lately?? Next time, look for the "Gluten".

1 Dr's research claims that it's a neurotoxin that effects your behavior and energy lvls.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/1085...By-Prof-Rodney-Ford-MB-BS-MD-FRACP/Page1.html

Faulty brain control
Eureka! The solution came when deep in discussion with my friend and colleague, Ron Harper, Professor of Neurobiology, UCLA. We were both struggling with the concept of multiple symptoms that needed to be explained. The answer appeared absurdly simple: disturbed "brain control". It suddenly seemed obvious—gluten could disturb the neural pathways of the body. Gluten was gradually damaging the brain and the nerves of susceptible people. It was the brain that was the common pathway for the manifestations of all of the gluten symptoms. So I set out to research what the world medical literature had to say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) That website looks too messy and random **** thrown on it to where I can't take it seriously.

2.) My friend on the internet told me Gluten was good. Well, I'll do what you do. Disregarding everything, I believe him. I don't care what you say he's right your wrong.

3.)
Wikipedia said:
Between 0.5 and 1.0 percent of people in the United States are sensitive to gluten
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten#Adverse_reactions

4.) lolar

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a friend who has Crohn's disease, but before they figured that out they thought he had an allergy to gluten. So for a while he had to go on a gluten-free diet. The kicker? Gluten is in just about every ****ing thing related to bread since it comes from wheat. They apparently use it in stuff like icecream to hold it together or something. Either way, have fun going on a gluten-free diet.

But isn't Gluten an important source of protein, especially in countries where their diet may not consist of much meat?

Anyway, the site you linked to reads a lot like a snake oil salesman. As I was skimming down the page, I noticed a lack of any references even tough he mentions reading several studies on gluten. I also predicted that at the end there was going to be "advertisement" on books he's written. The first problem I mentioned here is infinitely more important, though the second is amusing :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as usual, i wouldnt trust the source.

but ill do something different this time and pretend the source is reliable.

our body uses alot of "double edged" substances, so to speak. especially water and oxygen, both of which corrode our bodies. we call that age, and its a price we pay to live off of oxygen.

there are plenty of other nutrients and chemicals that effect our body badly, yet are still important.

the point being is that even though you dont ingest gluten, there are plenty of other "necessary" substances that have worse effects.

and that just pretending that its credible of course. i wouldnt start throwing out your entire store of breads and meat based off of what the "scientist" is saying.

Best answers
Guy's, don't be so negative towards jinx. He's trying to save you all from ruining your own lives by informing us. So I would be A LOT more appreciative. Thanks Jinx, You've opened my eyes once again :D

Best answers
We aren't being negative, but the site is poorly built and has info thrown together in every which direction.

I don't really give much credit to the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom