Is This Good Ventilation?/More BSOD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I thought I fixed this problem, but I guess not (Shiyo was right :X). Everytime I boot my computer, it gives me a "fatal logon error" or something of the sorts. It is not until the second try that it boots up fine. It has done this three times now and actually gave me those blue screened errors while the computer was on standby.

I'm fairly short this is a hardware problem, and may have to do with my nvideia 6200 OC card. I used nTune to lower the memory and core clock speeds, which worked for awhile, but now I'm starting to see hardware errors now. Sometimes it's "BAD_CONFIG" something or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL". So it's either my computer is not getting enough ventilation, the new RAM I got in December could be faulty, or my graphics card is going haywire. So, any advice, please?

You goddamn right that's an easter basket.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Do you have issues with the memory out? Try running a memory test to check for errors, you can also monitor your system temperatures but i've never heard of getting a bsod from high temps. It's most likely a hardware/software conflict. When you get those error messages there should be a listing of whatever is causing the issue, we'll need that as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the code for the BSOD? Maybe you can find something on it by Googling that. That's what I would do anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I never really get a specific description except for "Bad_System_Config". I just started my computer this morning, and got them twice in a row. I suggested it was a hardware problem and when tells me that Windows recovered from a serious error, I send in the error, and it tells me that it is a hardware error. If there is a series of numbers to look for, like 000000xa1, they either weren't there or I did not catch it. Windows error report calls it a "Stop error".

And I have googled before, that's how I found out that lowering the graphics card speeds could work. But now I did it again, it someone is recommending "flashing the BIOS". Does updating the BIOS seem like a good idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if updating the BIOS would do anything - if anything, it might mess things up even more. Updating a BIOS is tricky, so I hear. I've never done it myself, but I hear it's best not to mess with it unless you know exactly what you're doing. ;x

Again, I think you'd be better off with taking out your graphics card and cleaning it (it might have a pile of dust on it, causing overheating) but if it's all bent and melted, you'd be better off putting in a new one. o: Anything else you do now will likely be a temporary fix.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I don't know if updating the BIOS would do anything - if anything, it might mess things up even more. Updating a BIOS is tricky, so I hear. I've never done it myself, but I hear it's best not to mess with it unless you know exactly what you're doing. ;x

Again, I think you'd be better off with taking out your graphics card and cleaning it (it might have a pile of dust on it, causing overheating) but if it's all bent and melted, you'd be better off putting in a new one. o: Anything else you do now will likely be a temporary fix.
Actuallly, HP had a download link that self-installed a new BIOS update. I had likea 2004 or 2003 version of 3.03 and the newer one was 3.15 from 2005.

Now I did clean the Grahpics card, which actually may have worked a bit for games, but if I am still getting errors, I'll just have to get a new card =/.

Though I wouldn't mind a completely new computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom