Is there something wrong with Teamplay?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant help but notice this when Im looking for servers. There are no dedicated Teamplay servers and its hard to find good team games to play in.

I cant stand FFA style games. Everything is great until someone decides he wants to fight you, while youre fighting someone else. Or they figure the two of you can settle your differences over a nice friendly bigbang for two.You simple cannot have a 1 on 1 fight in those servers, its ridiculous. Look at the EVM servers, lots of them are teamplay. Id play there, but I dislike having such a high starting PL. Takes away the fun of working for that trans, it does.

I usually have to start my own server just to have some fun. Are we teamplayers so few?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get what you mean , if i do end up getting cable/dsl and a copy of hl , then when i have it i will setup a team play server (i mite have it dedicated , depending on how many people use it and how much bandwidth it may use up on me)

Best answers
well, there is one reason for the hig pl stardet... EVM use moe tranfomrations thatn esf, so, if you are goku, you can strt getting int super saiya-jin, but, if you want to get super saiya-jin 3, you must get at least 4.500.000 of ki, and as you said, is very dificult

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF really doesn't have any advantages for team play, it basically means there's less people to fight. (I say that from an Australian perspective where there are only a small amount of servers and generally not a lot of players)

If team play is to become popular than there needs to be more incentives for teamwork. Take Counterstrike for example, because it goes by rounds and you are given money based on the last round, it encourages people to work together and beat the other team. In ESF if you die you respawn seconds later, it has no effect on the team whatsoever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is fighting someone else. There are plenty of situations where the players in question aren't even near each other and yet somehow, they are dueling. Sometimes people just focus on the nearest player and don't even notice the next victim is engaging someone else.

If you have a high powerlevel and go to beam someone, the chances you are going to take someone else with him is pretty good also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just think that teamplay is somewhat more orderly. I rarely get doubleteamed in it, whereas in FFA it happens all the time.

Update: lots of servers now. Where is everyone playing from? Europe? Its 12:30 and theres tons of servers.

Best answers
-)Z(- Clan server is normally team based and since i am always around you can ask me to make it...isn't hard. Team play is great for 1v1 to make it look official as well as actualy team battles. There are actually a lot of combination attacks you can do as a team. In my clan -)Z(-, Ghost along with myself have made a good series of attacks that do a lot more damage than if you were to do it one v one. If you ask the people that play in our servers you would know that there are ways to do team attacks. Team Battle is a good mode to play in...and you are right i actually do prefer to use team mode Than FFA

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love to play in a good 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battle, but it's very hard at times to implement team stratigies when it's called double teaming. Team mode is now just having people that will neve o after you, givng you a break from the havoc of always beeing endangered.

Come to think of it, I hope 1.3 will have more oppourtunities to use team strategy..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer fighting alone. Teammates or not. The way I see it...if it takes more than one person to take me down, I must be threatening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom