Is there anyone who's interested in XB360?

Best answers
All i hear now everywhere now is talk about PS3 and Revolution, and anytime xbox360 comes up, people are all like " meh. i don't know.. or x-flop/xbox 1.5" or something else stupid. There's almost no talk about it here though. Anyone actually planing on buying one during launch or even interested in getting one or are most of you holding out this time? :]

Best answers
I'm hoping to get one for Christmas. If I had the money, I'd be getting one on launch day. So yeah, I'm pretty excited about the 360. The console looks to have a fantastic launch line up, with games like Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Perfect Dark Zero not to mention great looking games like Gears of War set to released in the near future.

Best answers
Yea i might have to get it then as well. But is it me, or does it seem like some of the games really really, look current generation?

Thats kinda odd.

Best answers
The new Dead or Alive looks much better in motion. There's an extremely high res video of it floating around on the net somewhere. Also, to be fair, you really can't get much better than the character models that were in Dead or Alive 3, so it looks like they're focusing on making the environments more detailed this time round.

Not sure what other games you're talking about, most that I've seen look very impressive. I know there are quite a few games being released simultaneously for the Xbox, PS2 and 360 though, such as GUN.

Best answers
Oh i see, well i guess i expected DOA too go for a more realistic look. Well other games i was talking about was like Call of duty 2, PDZ, ect. I mean it looks ok, just not all that amazing espically after seeing the Killzone PS3 trailer,and people are hyping PDZ up too be the next Halo or something.

simultaneously for the Xbox, PS2 and 360 though, such as GUN.
what does simultanously mean? multiplatform or something? but yea i also notice game like gun, tomb raider, and madden, don't look that different from the current console parts.

Best answers
I dunno, Perfect Dark Zero looked nice to me in the newer video's. Same with Call of Duty 2, it looked nice, especially considering the amount of action happening at any time. Even if you don't like PDZ graphics, why can't it be the next Halo? Graphics aren't everything you know :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm stoked for the xbox360. DOA is my favourtie fighting franchise, and the new one looks so sweet. Perfect Dark and PGR3 look pretty kick-ass as well. Probably won't ask for on for xmas, and i'll either get one at the start of next year, or split it with my brother when it launches (Depends on whether he wants to do that or not).

Anyways, i'm stoked for it, and i'm sure it won't disappoint.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xbox360 is like this years nintendo DS. When it comes out, everyone will buy it. Then ps3 will come out, and the same people will go sell it.

ps3 for me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, the only title that the X-Box 360 has, thus far, that interests me is Elderscrolls 4, and I'd rather have it for the PC (so that I can use the Construction Set, as well as download plugins for it). I really cannot justify buying a console for 1 game (not to mention that I never had much for my X-Box >_>), so I'm not really that excited about Mircrosoft's newest creation. Save for the part about the DS, I agree with CJ. I just don't see all that much difference between the X-Box and the 360 =\

Best answers
I dunno, Perfect Dark Zero looked nice to me in the newer video's. Same with Call of Duty 2, it looked nice, especially considering the amount of action happening at any time. Even if you don't like PDZ graphics, why can't it be the next Halo? Graphics aren't everything you know
Well yea i understand that. And you have too post some of those new videos going around for them then, i haven't seen any, maybe that would help change my outlook for mainly DOA and PDZ.

I'm stoked for the xbox360. DOA is my favourtie fighting franchise
Same here.

xbox360 is like this years nintendo DS. When it comes out, everyone will buy it. Then ps3 will come out, and the same people will go sell it.

ps3 for me.
Yea you might be right though, that's what's probally going too happen. I usually collect all three, but after the first xbox, i only ended up enjoying 3 games, and that's DOA3, DOAU and NG, so ive been recently leaning way way towards just revo and ps3 myself this time around, i don't know why, but the 360 and PS3 just seem way too similar, it's almost as if their same, but Playstation usually has the best lineup and in my opinion xb has the worst currently, hopefully they have alot more support this time. :(

I just don't see all that much difference between the X-Box and the 360 =\
Exactly!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll need to understand that all the first generation games will be nothing compared to next generation games. Every single F.G. will be single threaded, I've read, so they will be severely lacking in a lot of areas.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27249

The INQ has gotten its hands on an Xbox360, yes, there is a Wal-Mart near us, and was completely underwhelmed by the quality of the games. Graphics quality was poor, and pixels were showing up blocky, ruining the wow-factor of the new console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know why its called 360?

360 makes a complete circle, taking u back to exactly the way it was b4.

360degrees=0degrees

ITS THE SAME, LISTEN TO MY LOGIC :O :p

seriously, 360 is gonna blow in comparison to ps3. ps3 just looks WOW.

Best answers
You'll need to understand that all the first generation games will be nothing compared to next generation games. Every single F.G. will be single threaded, I've read, so they will be severely lacking in a lot of areas.
That's just a rumour. I read an interview somewhere with the guys behind Call of Duty 2, where they specifically said something about them taking advantage of the multiple processors. Can't remember where I read this though, so you'll have to take my word for it.
Not too worried about the inquirer being unimpressed. I'll believe my own eyes, the video's and screenshots I've seen look impressive enough to me.

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2184

There's bunch of PDZ vids there. The ones that impressed me were the gameplay 3 video, and the multiplayer video.
Can't find the Dead of Alive video. It was on fileplanet, but fileplanet's search feature is useless. You can take a look yourself, the video is about 400-500mb I think.

The most impressive game for Xbox 360 looks to be Elder Scrolls Oblivion at the moment though. There's a 20 minute long video here for anyone interested. The game seems to be truly next gen in all ways, not just graphics.

Best answers
Thankz for posting that link, the game really does looks really good. It reminds me sorta of goldeneye. I got the chance to play 360 at my local walmart recently as well. The controller feels so damn comfy. I played COD2, the graphics were really good, and it had so much going on at once, it was amazing, although it wasn't very realistic, i took about 13 shots and was still alive, i though war games were all about realism, guess not all of them though. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
You know why its called 360?

360 makes a complete circle, taking u back to exactly the way it was b4.

360degrees=0degrees

ITS THE SAME, LISTEN TO MY LOGIC :O :p

seriously, 360 is gonna blow in comparison to ps3. ps3 just looks WOW.

lets try not to turn this thread into a console war ok?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
lets try not to turn this thread into a console war ok?
umm.. I wasnt trying to :p

I was just saying a opinion.. not anything bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was left thoroughly unimpressed by the X-Box, and I don't expect the 360 to be very original either. I'm more anxious to see what the Revo and PS3 can do.

Best answers
I'll definitely be getting a 360.

*Waits for explosion of OMG U NOOB!!!!*

Best answers
Im really looking forward to the Xbox 360 and PS3 and will get both. I like Microsoft and Sony equally and i wouldnt choose over the 2. I think they can co-exist side by side just fine, both consoles will have an awesome line up and will both sell well.

Best answers
Im really looking forward to the Xbox 360 and PS3 and will get both. I like Microsoft and Sony equally and i wouldnt choose over the 2. I think they can co-exist side by side just fine, both consoles will have an awesome line up and will both sell well.
Well said, my sentiments exactly. I'll be buying Xbox 360 and PS3 too, possibly a Revolution when I see a bit more of it. I know everyone won't be doing this, due to money reasons or whatever, but still, there's no reason to bash a console you aren't planning on getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom