Is there any point?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I mean the open beta was released in 2007 right? if we are still reporting bugs to this date does it really matter? ESF 1.3 has been in development for a further 3 years since then and there's a LOT of more stuff now. Hasn't it all been sorted by now? :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe all of the bugs were stated and fixed. No one has really been reporting unknown bugs.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not many are relevant anyway, the inteam is vastly different now.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A year before I bacame a Beta Tester I remember reporting several bugs but only 1 of them was not known by the team already. It was some 2-3 years ago I think. You can take your own conclusions from there.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yeah i know the name of the beta release is "OPEN BETA FINAL" and there will not be any more but shouldn't they release another one? who's going to report bugs for the current development? Maybe the team didn't realise how much was going to change after 2007.. maybe they were going to release it that year. But 3 years down the line a lot has changed, do you think there are any bugs now? lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see you got a point, but I'm afraid the inner circle may neglet this for one of the following reasons (or all of them):
  1. It's not done yet.
  2. A new open beta may cause havoc among the community (again) due to the good/bad reception of the game, subjecting the forum to a flood of commentaries.
  3. It's not done yet.
  4. The team wants to work on their main issues on the game, implementing their final ideas first.
  5. It's not done yet.
  6. All the above plus "It's not done yet".

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
No no im not saying release the game at all because its obviously not finished but they should have more than one beta if they want bugs at each stage fixed. rather than releasing the whole game and this forum being flooded with bug reports.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want them to release it in a half-broken state too,

But sadly, it's not going to happen. =*(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is turning in one of the "Release a beta now plox!!! WE WILL HELP YOU FIND BUGS!!" threads. How about we all stop going like this now and get back to topic... oh wait. What is the topic? I thought the answer was given already.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no im not saying release the game at all because its obviously not finished but they should have more than one beta if they want bugs at each stage fixed. rather than releasing the whole game and this forum being flooded with bug reports.
Have faith in the testing squad, we're not completely incompetent (despite what Grega may tell you ^^).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just keep wondering where Doormat has gone? Anybody can tell me?

On topic - I don't really think there's any point in bug section too, but I'd love to play incompleted ESF once again lol.

Best answers
I got all that but i have a better idea : to launch a beta where bots aren't bugged X( What do you say?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a large beta testing team for that.

I want them to release it in a half-broken state too,

But sadly, it's not going to happen. =*(
You know that is not going to happen. Everyone would complain about the buggyness of the release, no point in releasing it then.

I just keep wondering where Doormat has gone? Anybody can tell me?

On topic - I don't really think there's any point in bug section too, but I'd love to play incompleted ESF once again lol.
In the old days, people reported lots of bugs for 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. It sort of stuck around.

I got all that but i have a better idea : to launch a beta where bots aren't bugged X( What do you say?
The bots are being recoded for usage with ESF: Final. There would be no point to recode then again just so some random people would be able to play with them in a buggy open beta. The open beta was meant for pure bug testing purposes using the entire community. Sadly, it failed, because people started complaining about the bugs, which ironically, was the exact point of the Open Beta.

Last edited:
Best answers
but if the players cant play with the beta whats up with this release?...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, the Open Beta was meant for testing purposes only, the team needed a hand with tracking bugs down, it was released quite a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom