Is Sonic anime??

ZaZ

Best answers
its because he reminds me of some anime that ive watch...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why I'm even Digifying a question like this with an answer....but Yes....there have been some Sonic Related Animes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the OLD sonic. that actual good sonic show wasnt anime. but the new one. like that sonicX crap is anime.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all sonic is anime, even the old one.
you on;y don't see it so good, he is just like kirby.
kirby is also a anime but you don't expect that, becours you can't see it and is not realy anime stile but it is still anime.

Best answers
whats the diffrence on cartoon and anime??? isn't it the same??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the question is..

Is sonic x an anime?

to which the answer is yes it is made in japan and there for an anime

Best answers
A simple way to put names on shows would be:
Anime = Eastern animation
Cartoon = Western animation

Of course that's not necessarily true in all casers, but applies to the vast majority.

Best answers
Would you call ShinChan anime? Hamtaro anyone? >_<

Anyway, all i know is the sonic games o_O

[/spam] :fight:

Best answers
Diablos said:
A simple way to put names on shows would be:
Anime = Eastern animation
Cartoon = Western animation

Of course that's not necessarily true in all casers, but applies to the vast majority.
o_O
In fact, cartoons are anime. Anime means a sieries of pictures shown in quick succesion, that gives the illusion of animation.
So every show that has been drawn on paper is anime. ;)

Its like saying
Soccer= football in america
Football= soccer at everywhere else.

BUT, naming them differently distiguishes the origin of the cartoon-anime.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anime does not mean the illusion of animation, it's a term people coined for a style an eastern style of cartoon. The new Sonic is anime, the concept of Sonic is Japanese, but the original cartoons were quite American.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fun Fact(or urban legend perhaps) : The creators of Sonic were DBZ fans, which is why Super Sonic becomes golden with green or blue eyes(can't remember.)

Yes, Hamtaro is anime as well as Hello Kitty. The lines between them are beginning to blur more and more as American Cartoons are picking up on Anime styles. Check out Batman Beyond or Teen Titans to see what I'm talking about.

Best answers
Deman said:
Fun Fact(or urban legend perhaps) : The creators of Sonic were DBZ fans, which is why Super Sonic becomes golden with green or blue eyes(can't remember.)

Yes, Hamtaro is anime as well as Hello Kitty. The lines between them are beginning to blur more and more as American Cartoons are picking up on Anime styles. Check out Batman Beyond or Teen Titans to see what I'm talking about.
ummm.... i think sonic came 1st than DBZ... but if you think there are a lot of common things between these 2...
for example that super sonic and ssj thing... yellow hair (spikes lol :laff: ) and green eyes... the same...
and another thing: 7 dragonballs, 7 chaos emeralds...
ANOTHER: remember sonic and knuckles's rivalty? then they become friends right? it reminds me of vegita and goku's story...

KyoKusanagi

K
You forget that the original Dragonball series was out in the 1970s and that Dragonball Z was out in the 1980s well before Sonic the Hedgehog was even a twinkle in Sega's eye.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dragonball and dbz may of started before sonic but it was at least 100+ episodes into the series before anyone saw what a real ssj was

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Sonic's eyes changed to a red color when he went super, it was like that in the sonic games. But I still think Sonic was in a way, inspired by dbz.

Best answers
Deman said:

Wow..i thought teen titans was and anime... o_o

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
You forget that the original Dragonball series was out in the 1970s and that Dragonball Z was out in the 1980s well before Sonic the Hedgehog was even a twinkle in Sega's eye.
DragonBall originally aired in Japan on February 26th, 1986 and ended April 19th, 1989.

DragonBallZ originally aired in Japan on April 26th, 1989 and ended January 31st, 1996.

DragonBallGT, the animated fanfic garbage, originally aired in japan on February 7th, 1996 and ended November 21st, 1997.

Just so you know.

Edit:

Sonic 2 was the first sonic game to feature Super Sonic, and it came out:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Sega 11/20/92 North America
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Sega 11/21/92 Japan

Goku goes SSJ for the first time on (Japanese) episode 95,

Son Goku Becomes the Legendary Super Saiya-jin!

95 episodes, at one week each equals 665 days, or 1.8219178082191780821917808219178 years..

Meaning the original airing of DBZ of April 26th, 1989, plus 665 days would be..

Goku first went SSJ in Japan on March 28th, 1991. Assuming they didn't skip any weeks.

And not to mention SSJ would've been in the manga a little before the anime.

That gave them about a year and a half to "borrow" the idea and put it in the Sonic games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom