Best answers
I have Photoshop 6. I noticed alot of people around here use Photoshop 7. I was wondering is 7 ALOT better then 6? Or are they about the same? What does 7 have that 6 doesn't?

EDIT* lol thanks for moving it Firefly, i was going to put it in artwork, but i thought people would considered it offtopic, and it would be moved, guess it was the opposite lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there are not really many big differences between the two. I have 7 and I really like it. I always use the file browser but never the healing brush :x

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like 7 but 6 would prolly do for you sense I don't see many of your gfx so I'd sya just keep 6 unless you plan to get VERY serious and you'll need to use stuff 6 doesn't.

Best answers
Yeah 7 has a few more features such as the healing brush, a new table to show you what the brushes look like as you adjust them, file browser, and my personal favorite....new blending modes :D.
For the most part though it is the same...there are probably a few features that I missed too.

I wouldn't go out and pay for an upgrade but if you have a decent connection then...well you know...I would go for the o_o other way.

Oh yeah...it also loads faster :)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 6, I like it better the interface... don't care for those brushes and some new feautures u would rarely use anyways, I like ps6 :)

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I was one ot the lucky ones and I started out with 5.5O_O and resently got 7 and if 6 is like 5.5 then I say go for 7, but that is only if you are serious about graphics.

Best answers
IMO none of the fancy paint programs are worth buying but you should get 7

Best answers
7.0 is just 6.0 but better. It has features like the heal tool,etc. I'm not sure if 6.0 plugins work on 7.0 but I never use extra plugins anyway.

*edit
5.5 is the one with the messed up color dodge.

Best answers
Thanks for replying, i really appreciate it. I've decided to try the 30 day trail of 7 to see how it is. I have two questions though if you could answer:

file browser, and my personal favorite....new blending modes
Whats file browser do?

In BOTH 6 and 7, where are blending modes? Under filters?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The file broser lets you view little thumbnails of the image files and psd's in the top right. You browse through your files and it generates a little thumbnail. I like it as it makes it easy to look at pics

Blending modes are on the layer palette, where it says normal there is a drop down menu with options like "overlay", "multiply" and "saturation"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom