Is my finger broken?

Best answers
If it were broken, I can promise you the following would happen

A. You'd scream.
B. You'd cry.
C. You'd be lashing out in pain.
D. You wouldn't be able to move your finger at all.
E. All of the above.

I'm not even kidding. Breaking a bone hurts, it hurts bad.

I wouldn't cry though. I'm a tough macho man that only cries after sex. Not breaking something insignificant like a finger.
One of my friends broke his foot snowboarding and didn't even realize it till the next day. That being said breaking bones does usually hurt... a lot.

G
It might just be fractured? Worse and better in different ways, really. I fractured my thumb once and it didn't hurt that badly, I didn't notice until I went to the doctors 2 days later because it was swelling and I couldn't move it so well. Sound similar?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently I notice there's no longer any pain when I reach one of the extremes, just pressure, so it seems to definitely be improving with regularity. I look forward to tomorrow morning to see how it's improved by then.

Best answers
I've never broken anything in my life, but I'm wondering right now if I've actually broken the first joint (not the knuckle) of my right ring finger.

Last night, late, I tweaked that finger backwards a bit when I lost balance on my bed and tried grabbing my computer desk to stop falling. It hadn't really hurt. It was more like what I'd feel if I'd really hit one of my toes. I kept it in a comfortable position overnight, but still it's not good to move it too far in either direction. It's not really pain, but I feel a good deal of pressure that builds up if I try. There's mild swelling, and the palm-side shows an almost unnoticable small blue bruise at the joint.

I'm going to see a doctor about it tomorrow. Right now it's more a major annoyance than anything else, but something I'd rather not spend a long time with either way. I also notice that you can keep the muscles at rest and use your other hand to bend the finger considerably further before pressure or pain is felt.

Anyone have a thought?
Sounds like you hyperextended your finger. My buddy did it in basketball once, the ball fell on his finger and tweaked it way beyond his range of movement.

No big deal, it'll just hurt for a bit.

Best answers
Man, you really need to drink more milk or at least train your fingers a bit. Things like that happen...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drinking milk is for strengthening your bones, not your muscles. He probably just over-stretched his muscle in his finger like Walmart said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom