is my 3dsm busted?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now im not asking for a tut, so this should not be breaking any rules, correct me if im wrong, i think my 3dsm may be fudged up

i have been skinmapping since i began in milkshape and paint in tandem, and i always wind up with a perfectly usable skinmap, but they always wind up with the same stretching bugs and what not, i heard 3dsm has a way around this, so thats why i began

this has to do with a tut i was given, and it seems as if my 3dsm is either broken or is partially corrupt, im trying to clarify if my 3dsm needs a reinstall or if im missing a step

in the third or so step of what i was told to do, im supposed to click the Unwrap_UVW button, and the the instructions i was given move on to the next step(now select this, and this,..etc etc),

but when i click that button ,...not a thing happens, so i cant go past this, in the context it was written a combo box or something should have appeared, but nothing happened,

maybe some people experienced in skinmapping in 3dsm can answer me this,

is my sd studio busted?, or did the instructor miss a step,

Best answers
When you have a model in 3d's max , go to edit pad, select polygols, and than you select a body part. Once that is done, select the modifier UVW , than UNRAW uvw (or other way around) , than press "EDIT" . The way to get around skretching is tp apply a checker to it , that way u know what to do . Once all the squares are in place, and are right, not twisted or anything, The map is off skretching ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom