Is it possible?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
jp said:
I have replied to you, therefore you exist.

If you wouldn't exist, then how could I reply to you?

And if I wouldn't exist, how could I reply to you?
Just because you are responding to someone or something doesn't necessarily mean it exists. I can create a person named "Al" and speak to him all the time. I can even make him talk back. Does this mean Al exists? I really don't think so.

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Is it possible to prove to someone that you exist? I mean, if you really think about it, how can you tell if your entire life is real or not? What makes you think that what you experience right now, is what reality is? Can there be a definite reality or is this just some dream that a man in a coma is having?

I've been poundering this for sometime now... And I don't know if I can prove that I exist. I can't feel other's pain nor can I step into their bodies and experience what they experience. So thats why I ask you, is it possible to prove to someone that you exist?
No offense man... but where you High when you posted this?

If you were... "non-existing" then why do you feel physical, mental, and emotional pain?

Are you comparing our lifes to the Matrix? Where you can feel pain while you are living in an alternate reality?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Omnius said:
Just because you are responding to someone or something doesn't necessarily mean it exists. I can create a person named "Al" and speak to him all the time. I can even make him talk back. Does this mean Al exists? I really don't think so.
Yes it does http://forum.esforces.com/member.php?u=12169

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Why do questions like this always have to relate to the Matrix somehow? The Matrix got its material from outside sources. It didn't invent anything other than bullet time.

There have been cases where children (in fact, this still occurs in some people who take meds for ADHD) would actually see snakes and worms crawling on their limbs. Not only would they see these animals, but they could feel them, smell them, and hear them.

What is my point? Our minds create our reality. If something alters our mind, it alters our reality. There is no point in trying to prove you exist to someone else. If you believe you exist, then you do. If you believe you don't exist with every fiber of your being, then you probably won't. That came from a quantum physicist btw.

@ : Actually, he was a member before I was. So technically, I'm probably a figment of his imagination =/.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Is it possible to prove to someone that you exist?
That would be as exciting as the chicken or the egg debate. You must be pretty boring.

Why waste your time on pointless philosophizing, when you can get laid, or drunk, or both, at the same time, while sharing intravenous needles, with multiple partners.

Now that's good existing.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
Why do questions like this always have to relate to the Matrix somehow? The Matrix got its material from outside sources. It didn't invent anything other than bullet time.

There have been cases where children (in fact, this still occurs in some people who take meds for ADHD) would actually see snakes and worms crawling on their limbs. Not only would they see these animals, but they could feel them, smell them, and hear them.

What is my point? Our minds create our reality. If something alters our mind, it alters our reality. There is no point in trying to prove you exist to someone else. If you believe you exist, then you do. If you believe you don't exist with every fiber of your being, then you probably won't. That came from a quantum physicist btw.

@ : Actually, he was a member before I was. So technically, I'm probably a figment of his imagination =/.

We relate to the matrix because we don't know these sources you're talking about. =/

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Its basically an amalgam of belief systems and new age ideas.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Its source material is closer to the topic at hand, but I can see where you're coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom