Is it possible to...

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
Is it possible for you guys to sell ESF F after you finish developing ? This way you may get more people to work on the project and hopefully finish sooner.
And how about adding customizable characters AFTER the game is finished ? It'll be pretty cool to change let's say the colour of whatever you are wearing or maybe even more.. :)

Discord Member
Best answers
I think if Bandai or whoever owns the DBZ franchise desire to buy it from the team, then and only then can they sell the game. As for additional content; the answer is no. I'm not one to speak for others (besides right now lol) but I'm pretty sure that the team have stated before that there will be no new characters or anything of that nature after the game is released. They simply want to finish it, and be done with it. It's called Final for one reason, and one reason only... this is the end, my oldest friend; the end /queue sad music.

edit: truth be told I didn't read everything you wrote. I don't think that colour change is entirely out of the realm of possibilities, but I also know that on an extensive list of things the team want to put into the game; changing the colour of your clothing would be at the very bottom. Do no fret, though, my young sir! If the past has taught us anything, it's that people love to tinker with the games that they love ~ And ESF:F will be a game that people love. What am I getting at here? People outside of the team have made hundreds of unique models for 1.2.3, and I'm positive people will do the same for Final. It will just take some time, that's all. If you don't want to wait for this then I implore you read up a few guides, and start modeling for yourself ~ It really is quite simple to do after you get the hang of it :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think if Bandai or whoever owns the DBZ franchise desire to buy it from the team, then and only then can they sell the game. As for additional content; the answer is no. I'm not one to speak for others (besides right now lol) but I'm pretty sure that the team have stated before that there will be no new characters or anything of that nature after the game is released. They simply want to finish it, and be done with it. It's called Final for one reason, and one reason only... this is the end, my oldest friend; the end /queue sad music.

edit: truth be told I didn't read everything you wrote. I don't think that colour change is entirely out of the realm of possibilities, but I also know that on an extensive list of things the team want to put into the game; changing the colour of your clothing would be at the very bottom. Do no fret, though, my young sir! If the past has taught us anything, it's that people love to tinker with the games that they love ~ And ESF:F will be a game that people love. What am I getting at here? People outside of the team have made hundreds of unique models for 1.2.3, and I'm positive people will do the same for Final. It will just take some time, that's all. If you don't want to wait for this then I implore you read up a few guides, and start modeling for yourself ~ It really is quite simple to do after you get the hang of it :)
Personally I hope Namco will keep their hands off ESF and not try to sell it. Honestly though. If the dev team would agree to this... well I wouldn't blame them for whatever reason it would be they did it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Textures are part of the models. So each color swap would require a new model.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Grega you forgot that the textures inside the MDL are just placeholders. The texture used for rendering is not a part of the mdl file anymore. Think of the NNK Anbu masks ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remove any copyrighted stuff like sounds, change character/technique names and you can't get shutdown for making a game inspired by Dragon Ball.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega you forgot that the textures inside the MDL are just placeholders. The texture used for rendering is not a part of the mdl file anymore. Think of the NNK Anbu masks ^^
You know that actually sounds like a nice idea :p

But is it possible to change colours from the selection screen since the models are already loaded at that point?

That said i want a special black suit chars for the devs :p

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Think we have something like a skin provider, switching textures isn't rly a problem. Shaders don't care, bind another texture and done. Most work goes into managing it and associate the skin selected with a player ID. Anbu mask worked just like that, all masks were loaded(was to lazy to manage that properly) and based on the steamID the correct mask was selected and bound when rendering the playermodel. Oh and just a color(like tinting the skin) is even simpler :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom