Is ESF heading in the right direction?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering what dose the public think about the progres of the mod ,is ESF 1.3 all that you had hope? even though it's not complete finish , What do you think so far about ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i honestly have to say that they already pushed out the fantasy i had of the hl1 engine :p
as for the gameplay it's good it's fast, beamstruggles etc evrything you need for a dbz game :) ... something that other mods/games must take an example of...
free movement in maps blowable stuff in most maps... transes evrything you want of esf.
but still honestly i hope esf 1.3 will be as complete as ecx rc2 though.
ecx has nice anims and transes wich i like very much so i hope there will be a port or else this might be a great loss in my oponion.

and those weekly updates aren't showing up on my pc :cry::D
and also i want to know what the next forum challenge is! already nagged on sky his msn but he won't tell me anything... damara?? told it was something evryone can do so yeah... let's hope :p

nvm i apperantly missed some threads here...
i just bumped on the bump map vid on moddb. looks nice but my only question is
what are the specs you need for this game right now? :p

for the rest the game looks indeed like hl2 like i read from legendary.
this game is just outstanding for being based on the hl1 engine!
sometimes i wonder if you guys aren't changing the engine itself :p
that lightning just owns but i hope it will be used ingame... i mean it looks great
but if nobody uses it in the map then yeah. lol wasted time.

and one more question to be made. how does the map react when walking over it?
the mountains are nice and round high detail and such but as far i know the characters reacted weird on the
downhill running :D

but for the rest i'd say keep up the good work and get some neat pics from 1.3 lolz

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avaluating only 1.3 new content:

The eye candy is just 10/10, and I mean effects, textures, the maps, the sky boxes and 3d skyboxes, the models, the water relfections, the auras, THE NEW DAY/NIGHT effect.....graphically, is exceeding far my expectations.
The pump PS and 1 line (not zig-zag) PS,are 2 very good features, definatly needed in a DBz game, that was a certain win of 1.3
I think some of the animations should be better, for example goku has very good and alive animations but piccolo or trunks are just mechanic moves, there is no life in them. Also I think The sizes of the characters should be corrected to the series.
Increasing the number of melee attacks makes variety, wich makes better gameplay, that was another win of 1.3
I think thats all we can say for now. No melee progress and sound features were shown until now (that I can remeber of) :\ . I hope we can see them soon :rolleyes:

Comparing to previous versions:

The characters continue to be very balanced even with the diferent numbers of transformations, meaning that it was carefully made, wich is good.
The game speed continues increased compared to ecx and other addons, and slow speed in a dbz game really bores me out.

So conclusion: I think ESF 1.3 mantained the needed good features from previous versions and included some that were terribly missing for sure. I hope I can say this when melee content comes out.

It has progressed slow but in the right path in my opinion.

Edit: The aura sounds are much better in the 1.3 version. Specially the one with the sparks :D

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It very good overall. :)
I'm looking forward to see how the key element of the game is being implemented.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If any of the new graphical updates kills your FPS, you can always turn them off.
And make the game as same **** as ESF 1.2. So I hope it wont kill FPS.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. 1.3 should bring a lot of nice gameplay additions.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Actually I'm pleased with stuff I see. I just hope all features which you show will work, and it will be great graphic wise.

As far gameplay I can say it seems more balanced than previous versions. most of features cannot be abusive now. Some of them are also very interesing and bringing more DBZ feel into game. Mod looks really profesjional and even experienced moders are supriosed how far old HL can go.

Can't wait to see melee and Transform sequences :p and every thing you show in next updates.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Now hope that funimation won't sue ESF for having better graphics than their games ^_^.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now hope that funimation won't sue ESF for having better graphics than their games ^_^.
We'll just blame the Team's mappers and modelers. If they didn't do their job well, the game would be hideous.

Gameplay gets better and better, the one shame is that I don't really like DBZ as much as I used to.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
the one shame is that I don't really like DBZ as much as I used to.
It's happen sooner or later to any of us. I was fanatic few years ago, now I'm just regular fan. I try games when they out and I play if they are cool but that's it. I still like play as heroes of Manga/Anime. It's not my nr. 1 but still have alot love because it dragged me into Games, Mugen, Anime and I was very young when I started watch it so I suppose I can say it help to create my judgment and opinions in many cases.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering what dose the public think about the progres of the mod ,is ESF 1.3 all that you had hope? even though it's not complete finish , What do you think so far about ESF?
Hell yeah it is.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well I'm looking forward to ESF 1.3 :D I almost can't wait, so i hope it won't be to much longer xD

And I sure hope that the new graphics don't kill FPS to much because my comp REALLY sucks :D:D

Best Regards

- JacoFist

Best answers
Visually ESF has done things I didn't think were possible. Gameplay IMO they went in the wrong direction with 1.2, I never played 1.3 so I can't speak about it. But popularity of 1.0 and 1.1 vs 1.2.x speaks for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom