is ephiroth in high enough demand here for me to ignore my retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

well i amde him in 1 day, i edited a head that magus sent me, (i forgot the name of the author hurry up and tell me again so this dont get closed) but the rest was made by me,

ignore the black hair thats just cuz i had it set at no material then regrouped it with the head,

i figured his legs would cause ALOT of clipping, so i deleted them and left the feet hanging beneat the robe, i will add some polys tp cover up the holes left behind, though a bit less detailed this way, i can gaurantee no leg clipping will occur, and most likeley will only be noticable when your swimming, (you NEVER see sephiroth swimming in ff7 so true fans (of me and sephiroth) will avoid the water

if i make a transformation, it will either be a slightly smaller safer sephiroth or the sephiroth from the mind battle sequence, (if you dont know i wont tell you anyways), i will NOT make him for trunks as i dont wanna hafta learn how to make a model use a sword unless i get some help here, and im very picky about my partners, if your a friend of a friend of a friend, dont bother but if your shijing ill welcome your help gladly, (hint hint)

i dunno if this method will work with existing animations,
if not then this is ikely the last screenshot your gonna see of this model,

anyways wish me luck, or die in a fire

Best answers
ooooo so pretty, looks nice, Im a major FF7 fan it'd be great to see your finish this model, good luck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can help with getting the sword if you want get me on aim and i'll explain how i did it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks real good on of the best sephiroth models ive seen, needs closer image though but you can see him close on your sig, hope it comes out good

Best answers
from what screen u have I think its looks alright...but from the pic..something seems wrong with the hair....or maybe its just me

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont bother criticising it, its basically finished except for a few fixes on the head, its been finished for awhile, but i been slackin off to start assigning him til 10 minutes ago, i may make him carry the sword at all times, and redo the animations that look stupid, which is uber lame,

but i know you wont complain, cuz im nuttzy, im immortal

anyhow, thanks for the compliments, your 1 step closer to having a sephiroth model

also, the skin i have on it now, is ok, but i somehow skinned the eyes different than the head, as in they are on the same skinmap, but the eyes arent skinned onto the face directly, ya get me, like the face and eyes are on different parts of the skinmap, i could rejoin them, but i dont wanna risk screwin up what i got, you can really only tell when you get upclose, (really upclose) but theres people out there that if theres 1 pixel of black on a 1024x768 solid red bitmap will say you messed up and hate you forever, (you know the ones),

and dont expect any drastic changes to the model, i finally made a model under 1k polys that looks good, and im not gonna mess that up haha

ill either be done in a week or so,..or ummm,.. never

Best answers
Looks good, you made sure the eyes a bright green for the mako right? heh

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt say bright green, but a green tint nonetheless

Best answers
Looks really good.. :yes:
Make sure he has that sephirot tune when transforming!
It gave me the chills everytime i heard it when playing FF7..:scared:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha i already had that planned, as for the other sounds, anyone know if ff7 dumped the /wavs to your computer?, or was it stored on the cd,... i used to have it but lets say when i get finished with games, i kinda throw them into the cieling fan, or the box fan either one serves the purpose,

Best answers
Im not so sure, I have it for PC but I'd have to dig for it, wish me luck lol

*EDIT* Yeah I remember now. the PC version did use WAV files cause it was never the good quality sound that was on the PS1, but I dont think it actually installed the wav files on your comp, think you'd have to snag em off the CD

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alright, now i jus need to go buy it again, which is no problem, i got 10 bucks layin around somewhere, gamestop better still have it,

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i found a few problems with animatin it this way, but these problems occur only on the front, only way to completely obliterate it is to actually model the legs, which will cause more problems than it fixes, so im going to simplify it, though it will make the model slightly worse in a sense, it will lower its polycount and fix the glitch caused by my shortcut, the problem is only visible from the front this way, instead of both, this problem cannt be fixed completely, cuz if i leave it as is its visible from the front and back, i will make it front visible only, or i can delete the problem faces, which will create a gaping hole, or i can model the legs, which will clip the robe like hell, so im fairly confident im making the better decision,

i stil hafta add polys to fix the bottom of the robe, thats next on my list

i also found out that the newer versions of milkshape are buggier, but do have more options and run alot smoother, i may hafta upgrade

i use 1.56

Best answers
for the legs.. you could just model the FRONT HALF instead of the whole thing.. it might work..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true, but from my experience with models with long robes (darth maul) and using existing animations, no matter what you do at some point the legs will clip the cape, if i modeled just the front half, it would still clip , bit it would only be noticale when you ran or fly sideways, but that wouldnt be good enough, what im trying now, i think will work just fine, if not then im gonna abort the whole project, its gonna hafta wait til i get him ingame to see though, the problem mentiond above does look like ass sometimes, i may texture it, but i really dont think that would accomplish anything

Best answers
wow nice model.... maybe im gonna make some attack sprites for him :) like materia attacks.... it shows the materia then it does the attack and it flys to em cuz its a beam...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now im going to ask the community on this one, who should he replace?,

i know your all gonna say trunks for the sword, but i havent learnt that step yet, and i really dont feel like reanimating the sheath animations, so have at it, im thinking vegeta,..for my own reason right now, the gallit gun charge looks perfect for one of those famous squaresoft gothic symbol thingies they put in ALL thier rpgs, best example is the blood sin in vagrant story, and all the summons in ff7 have thier own lil things, know what i mean?, hes either going to have his sword out all the time or not have it, im planning on doing a new stance for him holding the sword like he does in battle, which is gonna hafta be a fulltime sword if i wanna do that,

and he will have a transformation, but i havent started on that,

1 step at a time,

Best answers
yeah but trunks has the sword, and his burning attack kinda looks like the little moves they do before bustin some magic s*** u know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom