Is DBZ the best anymore?

Best answers
Even if it wasn't a movie , Gohan at that time was way weaker than he was wjen he fought Cell so......
Vegito didn't finished Buu off because he wanted to get inside him to save the boys"

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TOEI made Gohan SSJ2 in this non-canon (yes, a) movie. And I just can't understand why people can't recognize Gohan's form by only looking at his hair. He's not Vegeta, whose hair never changes the shape, he's Gohan.

I'll try to explain in words.

Teen Gohan:
SSJ1 Gohan's hair is the same as non-SSJ Gohan's hair, except it's golden.
SSJ2 Gohan's hair is longer and there's only 1 hair extended on his forehead.

Adult Gohan:
SSJ1 Gohan's hair is the same as non-SSJ Gohan's hair, except it's golden. 2 hair are excended on his forehead.
SSJ2 Gohan's hair is a bit longer (very little) and there's only 1 hair extended on his forehead.

BTW sorry if it should have been "are" instead of "is".

Last edited:
Best answers
Dude I don't get it.. why do u still continue this? Even if he was ssj2 as you say , he was WEAK so he didn't stand a chance against Brolly

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I continue this only to prove that I'm right.

Yes, he was weak. IMO this happened before Gohan's training with Goten.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares? You guys are arguing about a filler character that didn't even matter to the non-filler part of the series.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares? You guys are arguing about a filler character that didn't even matter to the non-filler part of the series.
I care. And because of that your post fails.

Best answers
It might be true that it was before Gohan's training with Goten and Brolly with a training like Goku would be the strongest guy in DBZ history , but as Damn" said he's only a filler character

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I continue this only to prove that I'm right.

Yes, he was weak. IMO this happened before Gohan's training with Goten.
You can assume it happened before his training with Goten, but the movies are anachronistic. The characters are either weaker or stronger than they are in the series, it all depends on what the story needs.

The way I see it though, is that the movies are kind of a parallel universe. Same characters we know, just differences in what events have happened or will happen in them.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The only movie that seems to make complete canonical sense is the Bojack movie. Takes place right after the Cell saga ends, before the Buu saga begins. Goku is still dead, Gohan transforms into a SSJ2, Trunks still has his long hair, everything makes sense, unless I'm missing something.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well considering that he taught videl how to fly mid training with Goten you can't assume that he hadn't trained with gohan, since videl flies in movie 10.

I dunno, the movies make no sense, imo ssj2 would beat broly, but it never seamed that gohan turned ssj2 in that movie, I have no idea why though.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All the movies are a filler and non-canon. But Gohan is SSJ2 in this movie.

Anyway who cares if Broly is weaker, equal or stronger than SSJ2. It's just a filler and doesn't make sense, as many of you say (and I agree with that).

I guess Skiwan is right about Gohan's training with Goten part. Noone could actually tell when this happened though and I don't think that there's a good answer. It's just different reality (and Broly owns here:laff:).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
for my option yes DBZ is still the best anime in world :p but now its call Dragon Ball Kai :p

Sorry for my bad english :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for my option yes DBZ is still the best anime in world :p but now its call Dragon Ball Kai :p

Sorry for my bad english :D

Dragonball is just dragonball.

And saying its the best of the world makes me think you havent seen a lot of animes. Especially the whort and movie ones tend to have quality higher than most long series. Not to mention a non dragged out storyline.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
have you ****ING seen BROLY? he dominates, toys, and ultimately ****s up everyone to retarded extents-- Realistically broly would destroy everything in existence - period. ++if broly was a good guy then every movie or episode onward would just be Broly turning every enemy into a retarded **** beaten bag.
This is why I hate Broly.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly is on a killing spree! - Hm... No.
Broly is on a rampage! - Nope.
Broly is dominating! - Um... Maybe.
Broly is unstoppable! - That's better.
Broly is Godlike! - I don't think so. You must be green to be godlike.
Broly is on a MASSACRE! - YES! MASSACRE FTW!

BTW Broly makes a lot of MONSTER KILLS!!!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragonball is just dragonball.

And saying its the best of the world makes me think you haven't seen a lot of animes. Especially the short and movie ones tend to have quality higher than most long series. Not to mention a non dragged out storyline.
I'd be inclined to agree. DBZ was far too dragged out for my liking. It wasn't that there were too many bad guys but that some sagas were based upon powering up to beat up the main villain.

The Namek/Frieza/whatever saga was about the adventure on Namek rather than villain turns up and everyone trains to try and become more powerful that the bad guy.

The Buu saga was basically Buu gets revived and everyone needs to get tougher to beat him. He transforms a few times and each time a new transformation/powerup turns up to make the fight even until the next one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DBZ isn't the best, more like a classic. You would most likely walk up to anyone on the streets of the United States or Japan, and mention DBZ, and people would know what it is, have watched it, or have an idea of what it is. Admitting that you watched DBZ is unlikely because it's somewhat guilty pleasure. Anyone can easily identify the character Goku.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom