Irresponsabile Captain Tylor - An unknown anime of Legends.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, so I'm pretty sure, everyone who posts here has never heard of this anime at all.

I never had either, until I decided to watch it one day. I was really bored. It's a 1993 anime, so around the Tenchi OVA time.

Let me say this, I was surprised. It is comparable, if not SUPERIOR to the Tenchi OVA series.

It has comedy, action, character depth, and an interesting plot to boot. Every character is lovable and none have a bad voice.(Japanese voices, at least.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irresponsible_Captain_Tylor

No character, in any anime, is like the main character in this. He is completely unique. Imagine Vash, from Trigun, acting like he normally does - but not actually secretly a genius. He has so much luck, and the ability to seduce almost any woman. He worries about absolutely nothing, not even a gun pointed at his head. It's not that he's brave, he's just incredibly optimistic.

It gets to the point the enemy of the series believes he is a Tactical Genius and is a threat they cannot ignore.(Due to his unique style of leading his Men, he is accomplishing things normally impossible.)

I can't really describe the series. It's amazing. Especially episode 20 / 21. Imagine if a giant battle was fought, no one died, and no one lost. The music - is perfect.

Animation quality is good for the time it was created in, and the audio quality seems very good. Music is astounding at some times, even becoming so amazing you won't forget it for a long time.

A OVA for the series was released - It was not that good. "An Exceptional Episode", is though, it's part of the OVA, but the only part of the OVA directed by the TV series director. Rest of the OVA is a new guy, and it shows.

I cannot recommend this anime enough. It is now up on my list of best animes ever. You'll laugh, you'll watch, you'll be amazed at some things. You'll shake your head in disbelief.

If you're an anime fan, you OWE it to yourself to watch this anime. Compared to many animes today, it is STILL farther along the line in terms of storytelling.

It's also consistent. If something happens in a previous episode, the damage will not be gone by the next magically. A character will still have that wound, or the ship will still be banged up.

Video alone can show you how hilarious some of it looks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTjNEZ3kcE[/ame]

EDIT: Damn, first word is mis-spelled in topic title. Guess I'm the Irresponsible one now, eh?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom