Iron (real metal) in your Cereal/cornflakes.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V265pGgsBnM[/ame]

Never Cereal for me again.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Are they even allowed to add Metal into the Cereal? ... then again since it isn't such a large amount of Iron they add it shouldn't be that harmfull, though I can't imagine the stomach being glad to digest it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iron is an important mineral in your diet, it helps produce hemoglobin which is the protein found in red blood cells, cells that carries oxygen around your body.

Its not only legal, but very good for you. You can overdose on it though. Stomach acid doesn't have any problems dissolving it in the amount that is in most food. Infact, Cereals are recommended good source of iron, and its one of their biggest selling points.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Of course there is iron in your food and cereal. Check the nutrients side, go look for iron. Did you think it was something other than the metal? Iron is in cereal, red meat, as well as other foods.

I kinda thought this thing was common sense =/ especially since x-men dumbed it down for people.

I really wish people would do their research before saying "wow there's metal in my food i'm never eating this again" when what they're doing is extremely healthy for you.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, large and coarse eh? Depending on the size, the intestines can push a razor blade through without major cuts. Same goes for glass, odd objects, etc.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I probably don't eat enough Iron, maybe I should go buy some :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are people so ****ing stupid.

*edit*

some*

Last edited:
Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've always known about this, and I was waiting for something to pop up and say "the rest of the iron that isn't digested ends up in your scrotum and causes chronic ball cancer" or some fatalist crap. The moron who did the experiment obviously doesn't know much about nutrition.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Dethklok gets their daily dose of metal from Doom Crunch, the only cereal brutal enough to satisfy their needs.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey! :p, I actually never knew about this.
I'm not calling you stupid. You checked with your intelligent buddies at ESF for opinions on the matter.

I'd just call your situation... temporary ignorance.

It tends to happen with all these semantical sensationalists running around trying to create a mob to profit off.

Semantical Sensationalists = my emo/metal fusion band

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oxygen (65%) and hydrogen (10%)
Carbon (18%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1%)
Potassium (0.25%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Chlorine (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Iron (0.006%)
Fluorine (0.0037%)
Zinc (0.0032%)
Copper (0.0001%)
Iodine (0.000016%)
Selenium
(0.000019%)
Chromium (0.0000024%)
Manganese (0.000017%)
Molybdenum (0.000013%)
Cobalt (0.0000021%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

There's just so much more in your body than you probably knew Sky. Every element known to man (save for the ones we created ourselves) comes out of the sun, and so do we. So it is only natural that the same elements the Earth consists of, are found in our bodies.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a fun fact, we ingest roughly 2 micrograms of uranium a day. We only absorb a tiny percentage though.

Remember, most of the elements mentioned above are not found like that in the body. Most are either in solution or in compounds. Iron ions are very different to iron in its metal form.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I don't know what's funnier, the thread itself or the tinfoil hat conspiracy video.

Best answers
This just makes me want to eat some cereal...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny story: I took a look into this for my sixth-grade science fair experiment. I left All-Bran flakes in a bowl of water for an extended period of time, used a very fine sieve to get rid of the cereal portion, and left very fine filings of iron in the bottom of the bowl. Surprisingly enough, a couple of parents actually said "Well, I don't think I'll be having All-Bran again".

I guess they just don't like iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom