Iron Man in the making?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I.....am.....Fusion Man..... duuuuuuuunnnnn

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thats pretty old. The problem with him is that he has to jump out of an air plane then deploy his wings. ( saw this in another video)
Really? Can you provide the video? I haven't seen it before. I just opened up IE, and BAM a video of some guy with wings flying around. I was astounded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats pretty old. The problem with him is that he has to jump out of an air plane then deploy his wings. ( saw this in another video)
Old? Saw that just today on TV, said he worked the last 5 years or something on it, but never really got this far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Can you provide the video? I haven't seen it before. I just opened up IE, and BAM a video of some guy with wings flying around. I was astounded.
Old? Saw that just today on TV, said he worked the last 5 years or something on it, but never really got this far.
Sorry but I saw it a year back on ESPN I think, that or discovery channel. Also I didn't see the exact video I saw the video of a guy with the same wings jet prepeled.
Just think about it, how would he be able to launch off the ground, it's not like he has wheels like actual planes, and I doubt that thing has enough power to just sky rocket him in a horizontal position up.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sorry but I saw it a year back on ESPN I think, that or discovery channel. Also I didn't see the exact video I saw the video of a guy with the same wings jet prepeled.
Just think about it, how would he be able to launch off the ground, it's not like he has wheels like actual planes, and I doubt that thing has enough power to just sky rocket him in a horizontal position up.

Honestly I figured it was just like the harrier. You stood up straight, the jets produced the thrust needed to lift off of the ground, the person, and machine being light as it is, should be easy to get you sky rocketing off the ground. The only thing I could see posing some what of a threat is landing. But I'm sure with practice and skill landing on your feet is easily done.

I don't think you quite understand how planes work. You're probably thinking of commerical planes. A 747 weighs up to 900,000 lbs, and with an empty tank it's about 395,000 lbs (that's more fuel in the airplane that what it actually weighs), which of course isn't including passengers and cargo. The airplane moves forward up to 150 mph plus and the way the wings are designed (the bottom being much shorter surface area then the top [the top being curved and the bottom being straight]). The air flowing over the top of the wing has to move faster then the air on the bottom of the wing, as they have to meet up at the same exact time. And simple chemistry is that moving air exerts less pressure then non moving air, the wings then produce lift. That's how the airplane gets off the ground.

The harrier is an aircraft that, instead of producing thrust by moving forward on wheels, the engines are able to point at the ground, and lift off that way. The weight of an empty Harrier is 22,950lbs and it provides 23,800 lbs of thrust from its engines Pegasus Turbofan engine. The harrier doesn't have to produce lift on takeoff because the thrust is so great it can escape the gravitational pull of the earth.

I figure it's just a smaller version of the VTOL. And with the extreme amount of weight lost (for a person wings and an a few engines), a vertical take off and landing should be easy to aquire. So as you see, because the person is so much lighter, one can assume you don't need nearly as much thrust to lift off.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly I figured it was just like the harrier. You stood up straight, the jets produced the thrust needed to lift off of the ground, the person, and machine being light as it is, should be easy to get you sky rocketing off the ground. The only thing I could see posing some what of a threat is landing. But I'm sure with practice and skill landing on your feet is easily done.
Good point, but from the look of it the wings I don't think they can store enough energy to power up a thrust from the ground into the air and be able to fly like that guy did.

What I've seen in the old video is the guy jumps off the plane and his wings are overlaped, then they go straight.

This is why I'm worring about it getting itself off the ground by itself, since the take off takes alot of energy.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Good point, but from the look of it the wings I don't think they can store enough energy to power up a thrust from the ground into the air and be able to fly like that guy did.

What I've seen in the old video is the guy jumps off the plane and his wings are overlaped, then they go straight.

This is why I'm worring about it getting itself off the ground by itself, since the take off takes alot of energy.
Ah, you know i was thinking the same thing.

Not to mention I was wondering where all the fuel was stored. Generally the fuel is stored in the wings of an aircraft. However, the wings on the man flying seemed to be a little too thin for fuel storage. Unless he doesn't use gasoline. I'll have to look around for another video.

:EDIT:

I found the video you were talking about

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ion+Man+soars&ei=rYUsSNeeOqLaqALv4OSRCg&hl=en

Now if only they can find away to take off from the ground, and land without a parachute (but keep on on just incase of course :p)

The video's Nix and SSJ4 showed where impressive as well. Though I'd rather have flight out of strength. Unless you can incorporate both into one machine :)

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, you know i was thinking the same thing.

Not to mention I was wondering where all the fuel was stored. Generally the fuel is stored in the wings of an aircraft. However, the wings on the man flying seemed to be a little too thin for fuel storage. Unless he doesn't use gasoline. I'll have to look around for another video.

:EDIT:

I found the video you were talking about

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ion+Man+soars&ei=rYUsSNeeOqLaqALv4OSRCg&hl=en

Now if only they can find away to take off from the ground, and land without a parachute (but keep on on just incase of course :p)

The video's Nix and SSJ4 showed where impressive as well. Though I'd rather have flight out of strength. Unless you can incorporate both into one machine :)
Yea I can imagine what would be the result if he'd actualy have the power and atempt to thrust off the ground now. Like Iron man did when he was designing Mach II/III in the movie.
It'd be hard to mantain control, really hard.
Like a friend once said "you're only good at flying cuz there's nothing but air in the sky"

edit: Thanks for finding the video, I apreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly if you had an arc reactor like Tony Stark you could build an Iron Man suit with current technology.

The only thing holding back power armor technology is the problem of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom