IRB Rugby World Cup

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Its finally over! What a brilliant IRB World Cup, Hats off to England for giving their all in the final.

Anyone here big Rugby supporters??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! we won we won! WOO!!

was pretty insane, sorry bout that, but I have to say, that wasn't realy a good game, no tries from both teams, that sux.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good game Saffers, i really enjoyed it, i watched it down the pub with my friends from england and SA, and we all had a right laugh. shame we couldn't be the first team to retain the cup, but oh well... there's always the next 8 years :p

in hindsight, Wilco seems to have lost his edge lately... that stupidly long penalty you guys scored was awsome!

RAAAWR can't wait to hit the pitch next week for practice :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, what really makes that long ass penalty good, is that the fact that the guy who kicked it "Francois Steyn" is only 20 years old. His "range" is still a little bit further though.

I personally think there was too much pressure on Wilco to be the "match deciding player". Also, the English defense was pleasantly surprising. Much better then our (0 - 36) game in the pool A game. Both sides had amazing defenses, which led to the lack of tries that donnie was talking about. If it wasn't for a desperation tackle by the SA squad England would have had a try at the start of the sec. half though.. which would have given the Eng. side the boost to score again / put more pressure on the SA players, which would lead to more penaltie points.

Was a very good kicking game though, although holding onto the ball every now and then to put more pressure on the opposition defence could have led to a whole different game imho.

Gawd, wish I could still play Rugby!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah man, you handed it to us in the group stages.

i've always disliked how much the game has turned into a long range sport now that a generation of super kickers has come about...

i always enjoyed (when i played for the county squad) the long assed sprints, having to work hard to gain even a yard from the opposition... god i miss it. i have to be sooo careful now because of my knee.

from my own point of view, the ball was never in touch for that try... but it wasn't my call to make, and i think the third official must have looked long and hard to make that call. the game could have gone so many ways, and although i'm disappointed that we couldn't hold you off. you guys deserved the win, you've dominated utterly everyone throughout the entire competition, and you played better than us, bad calls or not, in the final.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, I had to stop playing as a result of a knee injury. First time I fractured my knee was when I was moved to full back for a game. I kicked the ball but was tackled from the side on my knee. My knee bent the wrong way.. and made a strange crunch noise. Second time I hurt my knee was a car accident. I probably could play again, but I just can't see myself getting THAT fit again.

So, what you think bout the New Zealand side falling out a bit early? I personally think that they got a bit over confident. Combined with a bad call from match Refree Wayne Barnes.. shame.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the allblacks are expected to win, so it made a nice change. but i think the team has always suffered without Lomu. the man literally ran through entire teams! the squad was almost built around him, and without him they've been pretty much makeshift ever since. it will be nice to see them come back from this though, the form they were playing at last year was too damned impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom