Ipod's, wear and tear?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've just ordered an ipod nano due to my mp3 player's play button breaking =/ so i was wondering how durable they are, is it a good idea to get a case right away? I used my mp3 player all the time, and it was always in my pocket and now its completely mashed.

I was also wondering what AV playback is like with one, is the quality good or diminished in anyway? Im thinking maybe i shud get an adapter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's actually sturdy. I thought at first my nano would break within a weak, but unless you:

1. Sag your pants to where your pockets are at your knee's
2. Constantly have something bashing in your pocket
3. Have a swirly erected penis. lol

It won't break. Unless you horrendously care if it looks new, get a case, but otherwise, you're good to go.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're set on getting an iPod, I would save up a bit more and get one of the 30 GB ones. A nano has up to 4 GB, and as much as that sounded like a year ago, my Walkman has at least 4 GB of stuff on it, and those songs are compressed down to 96 bkps. But you've had an mp3 player, you probably know how quickly that space fills.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have 500+ songs and i've only filled up about 1 gig or so.

trust me, they can hold plenty. I'm sure I won't listen to all 1000+ songs in a day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, we get about 30 ipod returns a week due to breakages.

we tell the people who didnt buy our insurance that they fail, and so do ipods.

Best answers
I think the rule is, if you're a moron, you'll break it, but if you take care of it just as much as you'd take care of any other electronic device, then you're good to go. I'd get a fancy shmancy case, solely because it looks hawt.

My iPod is lasting me pretty well, no problems, no major breakages, although I did once drop it when I didn't have a case, and it scratched pretty bad, because I'm one of 'dem morons, :/. They don't crumble to dust if you touch them, like people make out like they do, if that's what you mean, :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had my 3rd Generation iPod (20 gb) for like, 3 years now, and it only has some scratches because I always keep it in my pocket, with no case.

Like Scruff said - they usually only break if you treat them badly.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im happy with the 4gb, i used to have 512 and i was happy with that, plus this is a OEM product or something not official ipod >_> but its exactly the same look size and aparently it has more features for a 1/4 of the price. Im a bit more dubious about it than buying a fully fledged ipod with garentee but thats the price you pay in the end.

Thanks for the adivice though, now i can waste my money on other things D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as MP3 players go - iPod certainly isn't the best. Like you said, there are players out there that cost much less, and do much more.

I only got an iPod because I wanted a secksi player. But if that's not your thing, you totally shouldn't bother. :3 They're way overpriced.

Best answers
Reason I have an iPod - it Sync's pretty seamlessly with my Mac, plus it looks smecksi :p. If I was going to get anything else, it would be one of the newer SanDisc players - much better than Creative, imo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say get a case just for the hell of it. Only problem is, it does kinda take away from the blingness of the iPod =/. I got an iPod video for my birthday and I went straight to bestbuy the next day to get a silicon, skin tight case. Because 1) I highly doubt I would NEVER drop it in my life and 2) I want to limit the scratches on it.

I think a Nano should especially get a case, seeing how thin they are. Most people who I see with a Nano have a light case around it.

Best answers
I have a shmecksi leather case, it makes it look super hot. Only abut ?15. Which is cool for me, 'cause I can buy and sell people, o/.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Just an advice, dont put keys and the nano in the same pocket.

The screen is pretty fragile when it comes to scratches.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
The screen is pretty fragile when it comes to scratches.
I believe there was a class action lawsuit over this.

Best answers
Omg, breaking news, if you think something is fragile, don't buy it, :/.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I believe there was a class action lawsuit over this.
Indeed 123456789

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom