Ipod Vending Machines

Best answers
yes, i posted correctly, iPod vending machines. dont believe me? check it out here:

Monday, May 9, 2005

by Josh Pigford
iPod Vending Machine

I’ve seen a lot of things…but this is just crazy. It looks as though Apple is now dispensing iPod mini’s like hotcakes…literally. Someone in the Atlanta Airport spotted what could be labeled an Apple Store-mini. It’s a vending machine that dispenses iPod mini’s and shuffles. Just swipe your credit card and select which items you would like and before you know it you’ll be bumpin’ tunes in style. I can just hear little kids now, “Mommy, can I have $200 to get something out of the vending machine…”

Source

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

...Who the hell carries £160 around with them? Who suddenly gets the impulse to buy an iPod mini? Who would buy one out of a vending machine?

"Hmm, today I fancy the 4gb varient."

My whole perceptions of life have been turned upside down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's gotta be a joke. First off, the fall from the vending machine could damage the Ipod. Secondly, it'd be way to easy to steal all of those Ipods... hell, I used to figure out how to get free pop out of the vending machines at highschool, it couldn't be much harder to get into one of those and steal $2000 worth of stuff. Overall it's just a stupid marketing decision, no one is just going to buy an Ipod from a vending machine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ipods in general disgust me, so this moves me to vomitous response. :0\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see someone now in Wal Mart walking over, breaking the glass, and haul assign to their car before being stopped by the local security.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats gotta be a photoshop job. in fact. im gonna start looking at it right now.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are we gonna get next? whole pcs in a vending machine? seriously....this is just dumb...

Best answers
http://www.zoomsystems.com/products.html

"For brand manufacturers and retailers, we’ll implement your custom branded store network, creating a successful automated retail business that makes you more competitive and efficient. For airports, hotels, malls, high-traffic locations and service oriented businesses, we’ll bring you a revolutionary turn-key retail service that your consumers will value and depend upon.

We have the technology, the hardware, the software and all the services to ensure successful implementation. We are the market leader in automated retail. We’ll partner with you to design a store concept, program your store, manufacture and install the hardware and software, monitor your network and ensure service levels are maintained. We can also merchandise your stores and purchase, ship and replenish inventory. We manage advertising and branding throughout our network and can establish on-line tracking for our partners to measure response.

The Zoom Shop is a recent revolution in retail that is a true alternative to a staffed retail store. The result of more than $25 million investment and years of development and testing, the Zoom Robotic Shop combines Zoom Systems software and network management systems with the world leading robotic product delivery system.

The Zoom Shop packs more products into 28 sq ft of floor space than any other retail alternative and presents it in a clean well-lit display on shelves behind glass. Consumers interact with the touch-screen to get information, select and pay for their purchase; then each product is fetched from the shelf by a robot which delivers the product to the output delivery door. It’s fast, easy and convenient. The consumer experience is incredibly reliable, rather amazing and truly gratifying."

http://www.appleinsider.com/news.php?id=1060

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course, what happens when it gets stuck? Next person in line get a 2 for 1 like in regular machines? ;P Or do you just bash on it until it falls :p

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom