Iowa Caucus results if anyone cares

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It was make or break for alot of people, especially the winners, who really needed this

Democratic Nominee Barak Obama won the caucus

Republican Nominee Mike Huckabee won the caucus.

Obama needs to get New Hampshire in my opinion if he has a chance at breezing through the primaries much later this year...

anyways, opinions? post em

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I was watching the results on TV. Great that Obama won, didn't see Huckabee winning though, so that surprised me.

Now I am waiting for the win between Edwards and Hilary, but I don't think she can catch up.

Obama for President!

Best answers
Obama?! Sounds an aweful lot like Osama! I don't want no Muslim to run my country! He'll jut invite them over for tea and cookies while taking over out beloved US of A.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obama and Hillary really aren't that much different, except Obama's inexperience could backfire.

Ron Paul 2008

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obama?! Sounds an aweful lot like Osama! I don't want no Muslim to run my country! He'll jut invite them over for tea and cookies while taking over out beloved US of A.
That probably would have been clever if he hadn't just won the Iowa Caucus.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would also be clever if Bolteh's country wasn't Belgium.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what's so clever about it. He's an edgy European able to make social commentary about a country he's probably never visited. Definitely unique.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would've also been really clever if everyone else hadn't noticed the same coincidence themselves.

Ron Paul 2008

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Southern folk made it a point to mention tea and cookies when referring to muslims.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ron Paul got in 5th place =/

Atleast Obama won.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The victory was huge for Obama, as CNN has brought up, the black population in most states, especially southern states are usually hesitant to vote on a black candidate (the "stick it to the man" sharpton and james types) but after seeing Obama win over the majority vote of a state that's 93% white, that's huge.

Ron Paul has the support, but he won't have the voter turnout, Huckabee winning the caucus is a steppign stone showing '08 is the years here dollars won't be turning into votes. I like Ron Paul, but alot of his Libertarian (sp?) stuff is scary. As much as I do support alot of Libertarian things, some of them are pretty radical, and even though he is under one of the big parties, the guy is still Libertarian as hell. And I don't think the country's ready for alot of the stuff he's willing to do, then again it's too early to tell anything or draw conclusions, and I'm only reciting what little Ron Paul knowledge I know, since I usually read paraphrased articles via google news, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The victory was huge for Obama, as CNN has brought up, the black population in most states, especially southern states are usually hesitant to vote on a black candidate (the "stick it to the man" sharpton and james types) but after seeing Obama win over the majority vote of a state that's 93% white, that's huge.

Ron Paul has the support, but he won't have the voter turnout, Huckabee winning the caucus is a steppign stone showing '08 is the years here dollars won't be turning into votes. I like Ron Paul, but alot of his Libertarian (sp?) stuff is scary. As much as I do support alot of Libertarian things, some of them are pretty radical, and even though he is under one of the big parties, the guy is still Libertarian as hell. And I don't think the country's ready for alot of the stuff he's willing to do, then again it's too early to tell anything or draw conclusions, and I'm only reciting what little Ron Paul knowledge I know, since I usually read paraphrased articles via google news, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
All of the scary stuff he wants to do will never be done because of Congress.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bush had a republican congress. Paul would be going in with a democratic congress.

Plus, Bush was pretty much given permission to do whatever the hell he wanted because of 9/11. Paul won't have that.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd argue a state like Iowa doesn't know what the Internet is... so, we'll see about voter turnout.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like Ron Paul's foreign policy: get the **** out and leave them the hell alone. It's cheap and sensible. Most people probably aren't ready to hear what he has to say though, and the media is certainly keen to keep him off the radar. He'll probably do better in each of the following primaries, but I doubt he'll break through.

Has Obama said whether he would end the war? That should really be voting issue number one, looking at how things have gone so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom