Invunerability after Adv Melee

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently after a bout of advanced melee 'breaks up', both players are vunerable to attacks from a third player. In FFA this could be a Final Flash leading to a double kill or a disc or laser in team mode.

I suggest that after advanced melee has occured there should be a two second window in which you are invunerable to 'outside' attacks. Attacks such as ki-blasts and genbeams or whatever from your advanced melee enemy still do regular damage - however you can't be picked off by players camping your adv melee bubble with an attack charged.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So during this two-second period, you are invulnerable to all attacks?

I like it. It's quite annoying when you're in Adv. Melee, and there's like three other people around you charging beams. It's happened to me before. I can deal with one ******* trying to spam me once I exit Adv. Melee, but three is a real nuisance.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
how about, randomly teleport away (automatically) after adv melee, so its not that easy for those beam guys to wait and hit you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like DJ-Ready's idea better. The comedy of what could result is extraordinary. Example:

(When in advanced melee)
Beam you beam
o/ ----> \o/ <----- \o

(After exiting advanced melee)

\o/ 'lmao!' 'oh ****' o/ -----> <---- \o 'oh ****'

edit: bleh, these diagrams suck, ima MS Paint it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i like the teleport idea, just not too far, or else you can lose track of the enemy you were just fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to be honest, I don't think the teleport idea would work. If it teleports you to the same place each time then they'll just have to aim at a different place once adv melee has broken up and time it right which is basically the same as now. If it teleports you to a different place each time then it'll make it harder to perform follow up attacks after adv-melee because there's no way of knowing where you (or they) will have teleported to. Plus it would have to be a far teleport to dodge the explosion of a premature beam detonation.

Here's what I propose:

One second of invunerability once the melee has broken up, and a free teleport in the direction of your choice while you're being 'knocked back' by shockwave. So if you hold A while being knocked back you'll automatically tele left, D for right, W for up (not forward) and S for down. This means you can't be killed during knockback and can clear the area in the direction of your choosing while temporarily invunerable to outside attacks.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
sounds good ravendust, or if its not a teleport, then both fighters do a backwards swoop away from each other, and are invincible temporarily.

nge

Best answers
Actually, there already is a period of invincibility should the break up be normal. If, however, someone takes a red hit out of advanced melee, both charecters will be vunerable. All that needs to happen is the person who delievered the red hit should be invincible for the small window of time that exists currently.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
How about change to no one can harm you for a few seconds after adv melee except your enemy.. So the enemy you last hit in adv melee is possible to harm you still, and you him. (but no one else can for a few seconds) wouldn't it be more fair this way?

Best answers
Ravendust, you can alreaddy dodge someone after advanced melee. As soon as it breaks up, all you have to do is use what ever teleport key you use, and press it (of course for me, it would be rolling it XD). The only times that I do use advanced melee (very rarely), I always look behind me to see if anyone is waiting to beam me, if there are people waiting to beam, as soon as it breaks up, and I recover from the little that pushes you away, I just teleport in a certain direction. Most of the time, I teleport into them so I can hit them with basic melee, and most of the time, I can get 3 hits on them cause they're usally waiting near the ceiling. So this would get you 3 hits on someone, and you would dodge a beam o_O. Sounds good to me.

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
How about change to no one can harm you for a few seconds after adv melee except your enemy.. So the enemy you last hit in adv melee is possible to harm you still, and you him. (but no one else can for a few seconds) wouldn't it be more fair this way?
Yes, I believe Ravendust already suggested that in his first post.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah, i thought he meant more "outside" as in including his enemy :p

Best answers
instead of changing where you stop... why not.. change the break up..

My idea for the break up would be this ... instead of having them both be knocked back and stop/recover at a certain distance..

why not have them get knocked back with the ability to Swoop or teleport if they like..

if you really wanna know what i mean.. find 2 people in adv melee and just before they break up press toggle/fly and fall next to them.. you'll go launching backwards while drifting..
My *new break up idea is the same concept*
the only rule that would apply to this idea is that you cant fly or tele before 1 second after the break up

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i just think that a temporary invincibility of like 2 or 3 seconds when you leave advanced melee would be enough

nge

Best answers
Guys. There already is. The immunity is disabled if they are hit out with a red hit or one player dies, but should both survive they are immune to beam damage for a time.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nah its very easy to fire a kamehameha right after they leave advanced melee and kill them both.

Best answers
Ok here’s why your idea wouldn’t work.

1. There are already too many times when your fighting someone and a n00b comes in the way and adv melee’s your opponent, and now your stuck waiting around to see if you can get to smack the original guy before the n00b takes your kill, so you wait outside their bubble and hope that it breaks off soon, then once it breaks off, since they’re both n00bs all they do is adv melee crash into each other, over, and over and over again, until one of them dies. Which in turn steals your kill and wastes your time, and that’s if you’re lucky enough to wait around without being shot by another n00bs random kame.

2. There is already a period of invincibility after adv melee, incase you’ve never noticed it. Try charging a full kame/spirit bomb and shooting it at someone just as they’re flying back from adv melee. You will notice the blast explode, but both players are perfectly healthy. That its self is long enough. If you need any more help with dealing with beam’s then your should try changing the way you play, not the game.

Honestly why do we need MORE delays? If any of you haven’t noticed, there’s already that horrible melee limit that allows only 2 hits, and makes the enemy immune to a 3rd hit, for a like 2 seconds, which in a fight, is a long time and often causes the defending player that is standing still with the immunity to get the hit instead of the one going for the 3rd hit, just because the system only allows 2 hits. If anything should be changed with melee, be it advanced or basic. It should be the hit limit of melee, and the super long. stun times, as well as turbo imo, but that’s another thing, so I wont go into that

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea, they are gonna tweak melee (esf documents) to allow more then 2 hits, because after each hit, the enemy's flying speed is gonna increase.

Even the best of players get beam'd after getting out of advanced melee, or else this wouldn't be an issue. You just dont see it very often because most pro's dont use advanced melee.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Currently after a bout of advanced melee 'breaks up', both players are vunerable to attacks from a third player. In FFA this could be a Final Flash leading to a double kill or a disc or laser in team mode.

I suggest that after advanced melee has occured there should be a two second window in which you are invunerable to 'outside' attacks. Attacks such as ki-blasts and genbeams or whatever from your advanced melee enemy still do regular damage - however you can't be picked off by players camping your adv melee bubble with an attack charged.
This is already in effect. If it's not supposed to be in effect then it's not on purpose.

Granted it's not a 2 second window, which seems like a lot (especially for a fast paced game such as esf) If you wait for someone to come out out of adv. melee and shoot a beam as soon as they come out they won't die. Same thing if you try to melee them. So for example: If player A and player B are in adv. melee and they break away, if player A immediately tries to adv. melee or basic melee it won't happen. (i mean immediately)

Same goes for a beam, if player A and B JUST exited adv. melee and player C shoots a large beam, and hits them head on or off to the side, no damage is taken to player A or B. This is also the same for beam jumping attacks.

Understand when I mean immediately, i mean immediately. It gives the players enough time to do what they need to do to move out of the way and/or escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom