Invisibility Cloak

Best answers
I don't get it... Isn't the color black the absence of all light? Wouldn't the object simply appear black if all colors reflect off it? I really know nothing about physics, I'm just throwing in the **** I learned in 4th grade art class in there.
Actually your right about that black is absence of all light. But that means black doesnt reflect any type of light or colour, they just absord it. This is why our pupils are black and why black objects get heated in the sun faster than white objects.
White is complete opposite of black as it reflects all light from it. Red reflects only Red light while Green reflects only Blue and Yellow light...etc

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Even if something isn't visible in one spectrum (in this case, light), you can still pick them up using thermal sensors.

I wouldn't get too worried about terrorist attacks just yet.
This technology probably ends up in stealth bombers rather than mass production of uniforms. And stealth bombers already have some means against thermal sensors...

And is that Picture about that japanese real? Or just Photoshop?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Japanese have been able to do this for much longer, puh...

I read an article on that a while back and to my knowledge, its nothing like what's being described here. From my understanding, the Japanese literally took pictures of what's behind them with cameras on the back of the coat and projected it on the front of the coat... This is talking about literally bending the light around the object.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In other words, it's the Predator's stealth suit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This 'cloak' itself is pretty old thing, as we've seen it in so many video games, such as in Metal Gear Solid; Stealth. Or it could be usen as in Mgs4 trailers you've seen:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SKcfigB2xI0

^
|Skip to 1:55 , and you'll get the idea. (The Suit Would mix with same color as walls and such in the background, and when pressing some button the suit would change color back to black or something.)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This 'cloak' itself is pretty old thing, as we've seen it in so many video games, such as in Metal Gear Solid; Stealth. Or it could be usen as in Mgs4 trailers you've seen:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SKcfigB2xI0

^
|Skip to 1:55 , and you'll get the idea. (The Suit Would mix with same color as walls and such in the background, and when pressing some button the suit would change color back to black or something.)
Uh...this is nothing like that octopus camo found in MGS4.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why our pupils are black and why black objects get heated in the sun faster than white objects.
Err I thought our pupils were transparent and only appear black because our eye is dark inside or something. At least that's what I learned in biology. Could be wrong though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....wtf?

I thought eye color depended on the body's production of melanin <_<.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err I thought our pupils were transparent and only appear black because our eye is dark inside or something. At least that's what I learned in biology. Could be wrong though.
As much as it pains me, he's right. Your pupil is transparent so the light can go through, it just looks black because of what's in your eye.

And the iris is coloured for reasons I don't know and don't care to look up.

Best answers
Let me say it this way, If our pupils reflected light instead of sucking it in(transparent lets it pass, but the inside of it sucks it in), it would appear white and we couldnt see anything...

Good enough? In common sense, everything we see as black sucks in light and doesnt reflect it in our eyes...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid you're wrong. If the pupil was black then as you said, then we would be blind. Because as you say and as it is widely known, black absorbs all light. That way, no light would reach the sensitive nerve inside of our eye that transmits the light signal to our sight center that's located in the backside of our skull, in the large brain. What way our eye uses to give us the ability to differentiate colors is beyond me, but I only know that it's not the pupil that does it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said the pupil looks black because it doesn't reflect light.
but the pupil is just a hole and has no colour. It appears black because no light is reflected outside the eye (under normal conditions).

Colours are reflected light. if an object is black, it reflects no visible light.
The way this cloak works would be that the light doesn't interact with the object/cloak and passes on as if there was nothing.

Best answers
I'm afraid you're wrong. If the pupil was black then as you said, then we would be blind. Because as you say and as it is widely known, black absorbs all light. That way, no light would reach the sensitive nerve inside of our eye that transmits the light signal to our sight center that's located in the backside of our skull, in the large brain. What way our eye uses to give us the ability to differentiate colors is beyond me, but I only know that it's not the pupil that does it.
Oh well, i didnt mean to be that precise about the pupil
I only meant pupil as the black spot you see when looking from outside the eye, and far as i understand you meant pupil as the hole in the iris that adjusts the amount of light passing through it.

So if i want to be precise, those sensitive nerves behind the pupil are black because they absord all the light, thus no light is reflected from inside the eye, which makes pupil look like black because its actually a "window" inside the eye....

Black is not even a colour, because colours are are just diffrent types of light, right? And because black doesnt reflect any light, it isnt a colour...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's just say it's magic and call it a day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well, i didnt mean to be that precise about the pupil
I only meant pupil as the black spot you see when looking from outside the eye, and far as i understand you meant pupil as the hole in the iris that adjusts the amount of light passing through it.

So if i want to be precise, those sensitive nerves behind the pupil are black because they absord all the light, thus no light is reflected from inside the eye, which makes pupil look like black because its actually a "window" inside the eye....

Black is not even a colour, because colours are are just diffrent types of light, right? And because black doesnt reflect any light, it isnt a colour...
Clearly we misunderstood each other. Didn't know that the sensitive nerves were black, though that seems logical.

Best answers
Zeonix's article said:
The retina of a human eye looks red because it has lots of blood vessels supplying the cells with metabolites. One reason you don't see the red colour is because the retina absorbs nearly all of the light which enters the pupil. In normal circumstances very little light is reflected and so the pupil looks dark. When a very strong light is shone on the pupil, some of the light is reflected back and the pupil looks red (so you sometimes get red-eye in photographs).
Seems like i was a bit wrong too. But mainly my original point, which was that it appears black because it absords all light, stands still true though.

Just to correct my mistake until somebody else does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom