Inuyasha model

Best answers
looks pretty good.his hands are to small i think.you could also cut alot of poly's in his face.and i dont think if the legs wil deform very good.

Best answers
hehe nice hands i love em :p i watched alot of inuyasha it looks ulmost perfict i go with movento on the hands and the legs, the face looks really good, the arms look like they are bent upward stighten them out like - and not like \___ ok that all i see wrong great model

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great, iwas hping someonewould do an inuyasha model

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks pretty good, but the hair just doesnt look full enough to be inuyasha.

also, interesting polyflow on the face. it should smooth quite nicely

Best answers
The face doesnt really need all those loops for ingame use, I suggest taking some out. The polyflow is good too.

Best answers
Ya I'm primarily a high poly modeler, this is my first gaming model heh. How would I do the edge loops better to make the legs deform well? Doesn't smoothing models increase their polycount? Also, where should I make the hair fuller/bigger?

Oh yeah, are you sure about the hands? heres one of the official turnarounds for Inuyasha that i was using for size reference:
reference

Best answers
Also got a question, in XSI, I have a triangle count of 6000'ish, and a poly count of 3200'ish, which do I use? And why does it change the poly count to the triangle count when I triangulate the whole thing? Very confusing...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
triangles are what games render, so the triangle count is the important one.

Best answers
Okay so whats a good triangle count for a multiplayer character? I heard 4000 polygons was a pretty good limit...but if polygons doesn't matter...*is confused*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.

the word polygon means "many sided shape". so, you could be building with 6 sided faces, and they would still be polygons. so counting polygons isnt really accurate.

you count triangles, because when the model goes in-game, it will be trianglulated, and thats how the engine reads it.

a good triangle count is kinda a tricky thing... its basically about how detailed the model is. personally i think anything over 3000 is a waste. especially if there is little detail. you should always aim for the lowest count you possibly can, while keeping the most important thing in mind, which is usually, how well itll animate.

always make each vertex define something, if its not defining anything, then it doesnt need to be there, and your just using a wasted poly when it could be used better somewhere else.

look at it this way. the more triangles, the more the gpu needs to process. you might think "the engine can handle it". and sure, hl2 can handle 4000+ (just an example). but if its going into multiplayer. peoples cards might struggle to render 20 players with high poly models.

Best answers
Okay I have a hideously high triangle count...6182...I dunno where I should reduce it...my knowledge for deformations comes from high poly stuff. Could you point me towards some good reference of a nice layout for good deformations? Perhaps take a look at my wireframe shots, suggest some fixes? Thanks to any who oblige :) Also, just a note, to make sure everyone knows...this is for a HL2 mod...not sure if I've said that so there it is :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look how many edges you have on the side of his body, running vertically... theres so many that arent really doing anything... that should shave off a few triaangles.

Best answers
nice, is he going to have his sword on the model ? id like to see how you make it change from the beaten small one to the full sized one lol

anyway, he looks ausom any chance of a colored version?

Best answers
vry nice job so far its looking like a great model but i dont know something bugs me about his hands maybe its just me i dont know well anyways nice job

Best answers
Ya he's going to be skinned, just gotta lay out the uv's (ugh...worst part of any model) :)

Best answers
i donno if im crazy but his cheeks look...puffy....heres a pick i got....maby try to make it less puffy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom