Intro.

Best answers
hi everyone, im Gh0st! well i was looking on my home forums (www.secretsaiyan.com) when a user called Codex informed me of ESF. i decided to look into it, and the more i did, the more interested i became. plus, the forums seemed to have good people who obviously know what they are talking about. i already read all the stickys here, but i have a small question. if i dont want to go straight into servers and embarrass myself, what do you guys think would be the best way to train before hand?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play about on your own server for a while, learn the in's and outs, and read the manual. Then add some bots and practice, when you're confident go to a public server, someone will probably train you on the rest :D

Welcome to the forums.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
keep in mind that it usually takes some time to get good at esf ... so dont just gove up if you got beaten on public servers in the first place ^^

Best answers
it's defo hard to learn... i know the basics and some strats but nothing like the pros...

GL HL and trian hard :)

Best answers
i already read the manual and the tricks front to back. so i know what im doing pretty far. but reading things and doing things are two different.... well, things =D

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say make a server of your own and drop 3-4 bots in there. Fight it out and increase their difficulty as you go. Getting your behind whupped in public in ESF isn't that bad either. It's totally different from other mods, especially FPS ones.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots come with Ver. 1.2, if I'm not mistaken. Look around in the ESF directory, you should find them.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with all 1.2.X Full Version Installers bots will be in them , bots were last updated in 1.2.1 as far as i recall

Welcome To The forums. finally , someone who doesn't display usal uber bahaviour , someone who is actaully very Mature for a newbie

Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
with all 1.2.X Full Version Installers bots will be in them , bots were last updated in 1.2.1 as far as i recall

Welcome To The forums. finally , someone who doesn't display usal uber bahaviour , someone who is actaully very Mature for a newbie
TY Overlord. well since i finally got everything working ive been training nonstop against a bot of the "weak" level. trust me, hes more then a match for me. im still trying to best him. the "Bad" bots i already bested. i like cell, he has a wide variety of powers and not bad speed or Trans either. i also noticed that there arnt that many servers on the internet... well thank all of you for your help & reasurrence!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sorta notice that on ozforces servers , sometimes empty , sotimes full of ubers who complain and call you a "cheapo" if you transkill them , sometimes good challengers & pwners

One thing is for sure , i will run an esf dedicated server when i get adsl2 for thos of you wanting good ping in aus (or just for the sake of expanding the aus community) on another note , is there an optus net server , i heard some player go "let's all go to optus net" or sumething while in the ozforces server , i guess telstra would also run one (or i could be wrong , they could of ben talking about cs for all i know)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots are good but they dont think.

So when you can beat the best bots you will be better than a lot of people but youll still have to learn some stuff.

Found that out myself when i started plying online after 2 years of bots (darn 56k modem) :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
simlar story to grega's , it also happened to me >_<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it won't take that long , atleast 2weeks - 1month and good concentration and u'll being pwning in no time at all!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jea if you know the basics you can learn the rest in 1 month if you are slow ^^

Just remember dont give up and do what the pros do ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But please remember, its not like a fighting style or something, its a video game, dont devote your life to it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^^ that's what happened to me at one stage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha he got banned :laff:
anywhoo....
dont practise against bots straight off, go in a server, play around with people for a little while, and ask a good player in the server if he can give you any tips. Dont know about US servers, but in Europe, if you ask, most of the time they will help you, unless its a question that is in the manual. After receiving help, go and practise what you learnt against a bot; make the bot cease fire, and stop the bot moving, and a practise a things on it so it cant hit you back. Once you have the hang of meleeing and everything, take a step up, and practise against a fighting bot. Bots, as Grega said, dont have any AI, and just follow you, so for a noob its impossible to get away from a bot set on Hard. Hopefully though, this will teach you to fight on the offense rather than on the defense, which helps a lot in ESF. Good luck to you, and take my words of wisdom :]

Best answers
Ness said:
haha he got banned :laff:
anywhoo....
dont practise against bots straight off, go in a server, play around with people for a little while, and ask a good player in the server if he can give you any tips. Dont know about US servers, but in Europe, if you ask, most of the time they will help you, unless its a question that is in the manual. After receiving help, go and practise what you learnt against a bot; make the bot cease fire, and stop the bot moving, and a practise a things on it so it cant hit you back. Once you have the hang of meleeing and everything, take a step up, and practise against a fighting bot. Bots, as Grega said, dont have any AI, and just follow you, so for a noob its impossible to get away from a bot set on Hard. Hopefully though, this will teach you to fight on the offense rather than on the defense, which helps a lot in ESF. Good luck to you, and take my words of wisdom :]

TY for the helpful info Ness... but what the? why did he get banned? is posting non spam considered worthy of an IP ban? alright, i might get banned myself for saying this, but why dont you frigging lighten up? good god, why dont you check out my home forums www.secretsaiyan.com you will then hopefully realize that a looser more freindly attitude helps create a better atmosphere, and people are bound to stay at the forums... oh and if its just to keep morons out of there, we do that in a heartbeat. anyone who does some really stupid stuff gets banned off our forums. that simple. we dont get super up tight about every little thing. and as long as its not stupid spam, its very welcome at our forums. saying things pretty relevent to the topic like he did here... and that gets him banned? that sickens me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom