Internet Pet Peeves

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it when people ignore what I say.

I hate it when people act like they know everything, about everything.

I hate it when people are prejudice, and ignorant.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't limited to the internet, but I hate hypocrites and liars.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:
I hate it when people ignore what I say.

I hate it when people act like they know everything, about everything.

I hate it when people are prejudice, and ignorant.
Quoted for truth. I know exactly what you mean.

Best answers
i hate it when people preach (applies to the outside world aswell) wether it be about music, political opinion,s patriotism,RELIGION (the big one) or even favorite anime characters

I hate it!

also prople who refuse to beleive that its perfectly okay for someone to disagree with your beleifs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) "JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!"
2) Chuck Norris
3) What Chakra said.
4) People who think they're better than you based off of skill in a single online video game.
5) "LOL Well at least I have a life I'm 18 years old with a hot girlfriend and a phd so hahahaha you suck!"
6) Canadians who talk about hating Americans...when they themselves are American. Look at a world map, people! Canada = In North America.
7) People who write reviews on RPGs, only to compare it to FF7, which they deem to be the best game ever.
8) "LOLOLOLOLOL!"
9) LUElinks.
10) Guys who play as girls in games or chatrooms just to get free stuff.
11) Girls who try to get free stuff just for the sake of getting free stuff.
12) People who purposely make stupid topics expecting to be funny, when they're the only ones who find it funny. (ex: SSB Brawl message boards = "Brand new Brawl news! Guess what? MARIO IS IN BRAWL! LOLOL!")
13) People who preach that their opinion is some sort of a proven and well-known fact.

That about covers most of it.

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
depends on the extent, I had a great thing going for me with what started out to be this...

Anyway, two of the biggest things that annoy me on the internet... Places like myspace, and the drive to make buisness anywhere a group of people commute/play when the majority couldn't care less.

Example of the 2nd one: World of Warcraft, since some people have the luxury of spending money for gold, apparantly is enough for websites to make accounts and spamming thier own advertizments and deals in a massive whisper to the server that just floods my chat. about every 15 minutes you get this from different sites, promising their deals are best. I'm sure this isnt effecting only WoW, but any big cummunity, happened with myspace already, with those bogus messages in inboxes.
But you get those people, who have an internet "relationship" where you only see a photo of the person, you talk on the phone thats all, You actually NEVER meet the other person in real life, Mind you i am just stereo typing. But I doubt if your under the age of 16 you would be allowed to leave your state to visit someone because you fell in love with they're typing, I somehow do not think that would go down well with allot of parents, and if you are 16 years or older, you have probably found someone in your area that your interested in anyway, Or your chasing after several people.

And yeah I understand you about the advertising part, its not just limited to World of WarCrack. But my precious StarCraft as well!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
LOL, U R ALL SO \/\/r0l\lg!!! U R M4K3 STUl31P ARGUMENTS COZ U C4l\l+ ST4ND TEH 1337 5P34K!!! ;( ITS OVER 9000 TIMES FUNNY!!! LOLOLOLROFL!!! cHUCK N0RR1S!!! :S :D ;/ :idea: :cool: :cool: :cry:
So basically this would make a ideal post for everyone to hate...
Damn it, I'm from Serbia and it took me 20 minutes to read this. Why would anyone write like this?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
1) "JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!"
2) Chuck Norris
3) What Chakra said.
4) People who think they're better than you based off of skill in a single online video game.
5) "LOL Well at least I have a life I'm 18 years old with a hot girlfriend and a phd so hahahaha you suck!"
6) Canadians who talk about hating Americans...when they themselves are American. Look at a world map, people! Canada = In North America.
7) People who write reviews on RPGs, only to compare it to FF7, which they deem to be the best game ever.
8) "LOLOLOLOLOL!"
9) LUElinks.
10) Guys who play as girls in games or chatrooms just to get free stuff.
11) Girls who try to get free stuff just for the sake of getting free stuff.
12) People who purposely make stupid topics expecting to be funny, when they're the only ones who find it funny. (ex: SSB Brawl message boards = "Brand new Brawl news! Guess what? MARIO IS IN BRAWL! LOLOL!")
13) People who preach that their opinion is some sort of a proven and well-known fact.
Quite definitive, in my books, but I'll also add:

14) Americans who talk about hating Canadians. It's pointless in much the same manner as described in #6 above, considering the common roots.

15) MMO players who, instead of offering useful advice, leave you stranded with "you gon' die", then happily ride off on their expensive "mount" =P

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone uses something from DBZ or other anime's in their nick such as I don't know

"Majin"_You or SSJBRAD293842!

Hehe just kidding maj <3!
p.s(Replied because I saw you replying to this post haha)

Oh, shush. I was 14 years old when I joined the forums, and it isn't as though I've not tried to change my name. I just catch too much heat when I do so =P ~Maj

Best answers
Lukyas said:
Damn it, I'm from Serbia and it took me 20 minutes to read this. Why would anyone write like this?
I didnt even use full l33t speak. If i had, you would have very hard time understanding. l_1l<3 +l-l15 = like this

Best answers
One question Jari... where'd you pick that up? No seriously. 1337 sp34k is scary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
But you get those people, who have an internet "relationship" where you only see a photo of the person, you talk on the phone thats all, You actually NEVER meet the other person in real life, Mind you i am just stereo typing. But I doubt if your under the age of 16 you would be allowed to leave your state to visit someone because you fell in love with they're typing, I somehow do not think that would go down well with allot of parents, and if you are 16 years or older, you have probably found someone in your area that your interested in anyway, Or your chasing after several people.
I met her on XBL, Fell in love with her voice not her typing :p
After a year, I flew to Mass. to meet her and her family on christmas, that following summer, she came down to texas, we drove back up instead of her flying back. I planed on living with her, few months later, i screwed up and was sent back T_T

just thought I'd very briefly explain my "internet relationship"

oh and i was 19 she was 17.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who make threads about internet pet peeves really piss me off.

So do people who respond to them.

So do people who complain about people making threads about internet pet peeves.

So do people who complain about people complaining about people making threads about internet pet peves.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My biggest internet pet peeve is if some news or video is up for discussion, at least 3 people post no matter the content, "stupid Americans". This is so annoying to me because half the time the news or video does not relate to America or might not even take place in America or contain actual Americans...

So with that as an example, I would say politics online is the most annoying thing for me.

People putting "100th post achieved ---" in their signature, like posting "lol", and "thats cool" a 100 times is some great achievement.

People threatening others over the internet or saying things like "If I ever ran into you in real life, I could kick your ass", because that will defiantly happened, and has so many times....

People threatening to kill them self on the internet...there really is no bigger internet troll than that.

Another thing is using one letter or number abbreviations for words like, "Y R U talking 2 me?". I really do hate that ****.

People typing in all caps...

People sending an IM and if you don't respond in 3 seconds they send 2 more IMs saying "HELLO?!?!?!", " R U THERE?!?!?!", "Y U NOT TALK 2 ME?".

People bragging about their download speeds and telling you how ****ty your connection is.

People saying "your so ***" instead of "you're so ***"...I think I have been guilty of this in the past, but I notice it more now, and it urks me.

Someone making fun of someone else for not having a kickass computer system when they're both 15, this is annoying because its obvious after further conversation that mommy and daddy gets baby whatever he wants.

People who try to be deep with their MSN personal message.

Also, people asking you what operating system you use, even though they know you're going to say Windows, then promptly going on about how much better Linux is, and how horrible Microsoft is and all its products...yet most of these people own and play an xbox...

So annoying...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Intolerance.
Clever and witty, as always, Davidskiwan. Heh.

For me it is not so much an internet pet peeve, but this thing that happens on Xbox live all the time. Pretty much anyone who gets Live, has the Hard Drive version of the Xbox...which means they have a wireless controller and a headset.

It infuriates me to no end when people don't wear their headsets at all.

When I play Gears or Rainbow 6, that is a VERY severe handicap--calls for help go unanswered, plans get executed completely wrong, people split off from the group or snatch a weapon that another person's asked for, etc. Very frustrating, because you know they have it. Sometimes the entire match has yelled to people to put their mics on between maps just to get the point across.

Also--at the risk of sounding rude--this forum aggravates me immensely as of late. I joined a new forum, you see, it revolves around a rather expensive game I play...so all of the people there are very mature and fair and there is no fighting even when there are disagreements. There are no dumb threads, and also pretty much ZERO moderation (due to it being unnecessary). When Moderation is done it's done in sweeping genocidal strikes that destroy the problem thread completely, and the users are admonished only behind the scenes, and not directly disciplined in the threads. The mods use a technique I've always liked the idea of, where they have separate anonymous logins for mod accounts and pass the mantle to new people as time goes on. Because of this their personal issues don't even become part of a given situation, and no personal bias is apparent in their undertakings. Going there has really spoiled me, and coming back here sometimes can be a bizarre adjustment afterward.

Beyond all things, however...the most major internet thing that angers and infuriates me with the burning rage of a thousand suns...are Mac fans.

I had a list of almost 200 things that occured on Macs to me (yes, even the new ones), versus things that NEVER ONCE happened to me on a PC ever. Things like freezing when shutting down, whole programs just vanishing with no notable error message, that sort of thing...I have a lot of odd ones that most folks wouldn't get just because they're rooted in the newspaper business, but still. In my newest job I use state-of-the-art macs and have seen the full scope of Apple computing at long last...and I'm completely not impressed. It still sucks. It still chokes and crashes. It still has a crap interface. It still isn't supportable by 80% of software. It still has **** upgrade capability. It's still a COMPLETELY SUCKY PIECE OF ****.

As an example I took home a photo file from work to do a sports replate. In work, my computer would not finish a simple crop operation in Photoshop CS2. 515px by 360px at 72 dpi. Child's play, I thought! Nope. Got a quarter of the way and froze every time. The original file was a 20-inch-by-25-inch vertical photo at 200dpi. The computer struggled to even open it.

At home, my PC opened photoshop and the picture in less time than it took me to zoom out on the mac. I completed the crop operation in 4.7 seconds--I timed it. And why, you ask?

I timed it so I have a big huge sign on my wall at work that says "4.7" so people say "What's this about?" and I say "That's how long it took un outdated PC with 1/4 the RAM to do something this 4000 dollar ipod couldn't even try to."

It's made worse for me because I am surrounded by boneheaded designophiles who swear by Macintrash. The IT guy comes in and we have a server problem, and the problem is simply that we have a bunch of Macintrashes hooked up to a PC server. Not usually that big of a deal, except our lame macs keep losing track of files (because the ****ING MAC HAS NO FILE SYSTEM INFRASTRUCTURE AND IGNORES FILE HEADERS). So sometimes a file goes out onto the server and then we can't find it anymore, even though it's actually still there.

This is ENTIRELY a fault of the macs, because it ignores file headers from normal files and instead catalogs them itself according to its highly errant standards.

But of course every person in the room blames the PC server--which, incidentally, gives no trouble to any other department in the company, only the one that uses macs. Hmm, interesting.

Even the IT guy is like "Yeah it's that PC server, they never work as good as macs."

The whole thing is an unwieldy mess and an insult to true computing. $4000 ipod? No thanks, go **** yourself Jobs.

GOD I hate macophiles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It infuriates me to no end when people don't wear their headsets at all.

When I play Gears or Rainbow 6, that is a VERY severe handicap--calls for help go unanswered, plans get executed completely wrong, people split off from the group or snatch a weapon that another person's asked for, etc. Very frustrating, because you know they have it. Sometimes the entire match has yelled to people to put their mics on between maps just to get the point across.
Lol I must admit I will probably be one of those people. The mic is fun, don't get me wrong and forming a strategy can make it more fun.

But there are times that I'm like "Um, no, I don't want to talk to you" or "Plan? I'm here to have fun, not take orders."

Gears can be a very tactical game, but what can I say, sometimes I like to play things by ear =D.

Also--at the risk of sounding rude--this forum aggravates me immensely as of late. I joined a new forum, you see, it revolves around a rather expensive game I play...so all of the people there are very mature and fair and there is no fighting even when there are disagreements. There are no dumb threads, and also pretty much ZERO moderation (due to it being unnecessary). When Moderation is done it's done in sweeping genocidal strikes that destroy the problem thread completely, and the users are admonished only behind the scenes, and not directly disciplined in the threads. The mods use a technique I've always liked the idea of, where they have separate anonymous logins for mod accounts and pass the mantle to new people as time goes on. Because of this their personal issues don't even become part of a given situation, and no personal bias is apparent in their undertakings. Going there has really spoiled me, and coming back here sometimes can be a bizarre adjustment afterward.
Something tells me that just would not work here lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@SaiyanPrideXIX: Good God man, quoted for epic truth. I feel exactly the same way about every word you said.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate websites with a white color theme - You're staring at a lit up monitor, not a piece of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom