Internet Pet Peeves

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xerimethius said:
@ Chakra: I'm using that line in all of my arguments from now on.

=(

I hate an over use of smilies:\

They're annoying :laff: :laff: :cry: :cry:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ11VEGETA said:
what about people that talk like this "I G0 }V{/-\JI/\/ \/3G3T/-\!"
Yes, this is what I hate. They think that's fun, but it's confusing, 'cause, I'm trying to see is there any sence in those signs.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who type in caps piss me off

People who spell the words "you" like "u" and "are" like "r", etc. also piss me off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DPredator said:
I hate it when people use:

"U" instead of "You"
"R" instead of "Are"
When they don't use the apostrophe in words such as "don't", "you're", etc.

I just bugs the hell out of me, is it so hard to type it out properly?

I'll post some more when I think of them.
Those (although i make mistakes, i generally do try to adhere to the rules...) and peopl who invent words like "alot".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
We all have them. What certain things do you notice on the Internet, be forums, email, IMs, whatever, that piss you off?

Regarding forums, I specifically hate when two guys get into an 'argument' (usually over something stupid and/or trivial) and one decides to be an ******* and says something a long the lines of

Person A: Look just give up. You're just trying not to make yourself look bad.

Person B: Lol, no, more like I'm trying to stop laughing so hard at your pathetic arguments.

I see this so many ****ing times. They are obviously not laughing and if they are they really just need to calm down. They adopt this holier-than-thou attitude and think it's oh so badass to let the other person know they are laughing at their arguments.

Like. Seriously. Shut the hell up.
ur all a bunch of noobz

im not evan going to replie becuz ur all so stupid LOL

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's see...people who type with no caps, no punctuations and ass-rape the English language. I swear to God, those morons sound like they're speaking at 2X speed.

omg thats so awesome vegeta said he was gonna kill kakarot who's goku btw but then goku punched him in the face isnt that so cool
Also, people who type every word with a phonetic equivelant just to piss you off and hope you'll admire the 20 minutes they took to type three ass-shattering sentences which prove they have at least two good neurons as you read their posts at snail-speed.

Wut thu hell? Goku suckz as u Vegeta fawnboi. Gow donk u'r hed en thu rivr an w8 4 a chark 2 byt it!
I swear, the next person I see doing either gets my foot through the phone line, through their modem, through their monitor and finally up their pasty ass.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who purposefully go against common sense and/or other peoples reasons to be annoying/bothersome generally.
People who cannot take the time to at least attempt to spell properly, especially those whom spell badly on purpose.
I dislike most rap, so naturally I also dislike the slang people write, as if they're trying to give off some sort of 'gangster' attitude on the internet.

Best answers
I don't like people swearing like there's no tomorrow. I'm all right with "lol". Seeing as I spent two-thirds of last year chatting with this pal of mine from Arizona who uses that phrase a lot.

And yeah the "1337 sp34k" sucks too. In a place like uncyclopedia or Encyclopedia Drammatica, its funny. But in forums and other places, it isnt.
Oh I almost forgot people who justify their erotic feelings by talking about those things 24X7. Hate those the most. What I wouldn't give to *****-slap them I don't know.
And people who keep forgetting time-zones. When you've told them once, you've told them a dozen times.
But somethings just don't get boring.
Its over 9000!!!!!!111111111oneoneoneninety :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who speak English as a first language, yet still can't take the time to type properly. I don't want perfect grammar, but can we work on some legibility?

Best answers
I despise hackers in the glorious game of StarCraft, and probably those that do not use proper spelling, seriously grab Mozilla Firefox it has an automatic spell checker.

Another pet peeve, is people who think they are almighty and can "Beat the crap out of anyone in real life" despite never seeing them in person.

And internet relationships, they are just lame.

Edit: Oh and this is a personal thing, I don't like Mac users!
They think they are high and mighty.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Cyber sex.
So stupid

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- Using the "over 9000" jokes when it's not funny at that time.
- Chuck Norris.

Best answers
LOL, U R ALL SO \/\/r0l\lg!!! U R M4K3 STUl31P ARGUMENTS COZ U C4l\l+ ST4ND TEH 1337 5P34K!!! ;( ITS OVER 9000 TIMES FUNNY!!! LOLOLOLROFL!!! cHUCK N0RR1S!!! :S :D ;/ :idea: :cool: :cool: :cry:
So basically this would make a ideal post for everyone to hate...

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
Cyber sex.
So stupid
don't knock it till you tried it mate :) , all I'll say on the topic was that I was bored, she was my ex :p

What annoys me most are people who don't know much about computers but still use one. It's like speaking a language but ignoring how to use proper grammar and spelling

If you were going to move to another country, you'd try and learn the language

If you buy a computer, you should know how to work it for exactly the same logic and reason

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what you're saying that people who don't use well computers, shouldn't use one?

Good thinking. /sarcasm

We all were beginners at the start, you know..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
And internet relationships, they are just lame.
depends on the extent, I had a great thing going for me with what started out to be this...

Anyway, two of the biggest things that annoy me on the internet... Places like myspace, and the drive to make buisness anywhere a group of people commute/play when the majority couldn't care less.

Example of the 2nd one: World of Warcraft, since some people have the luxury of spending money for gold, apparantly is enough for websites to make accounts and spamming thier own advertizments and deals in a massive whisper to the server that just floods my chat. about every 15 minutes you get this from different sites, promising their deals are best. I'm sure this isnt effecting only WoW, but any big cummunity, happened with myspace already, with those bogus messages in inboxes.

Best answers
LegendarY said:
So what you're saying that people who don't use well computers, shouldn't use one?

Good thinking. /sarcasm

We all were beginners at the start, you know..
I'm saying you should learn before you use one, an example of what I mean would be the slightly older generation buying a computer and then expecting other people to do it all for you

I have to go see my nan and granddad at least once a week to fix something else they've done to it and most of the time it's just Norton giving them an update or something and it freaks em out ! So fricken annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom