Internet Explorer issues

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,034
Best answers
0
I recently reformatted my computer, got a new ISP and Im using Internet Explorer. (omg no, not IE!... I know, I used to use Firefox. =] )

Now, for some reason it does not like to display things properly. Like when I go to eBay.
http://img79.echo.cx/img79/3931/24567240lu.jpg
icons dont display and (to the right, where it says, not authorized blah blah) certain banners dont display.

And images with links in them dont display right either. Inseat it just says [AD] in place of the image. (X's Signature)
http://img79.echo.cx/img79/4888/24567242lu.jpg
(its not just in this forum, its all over the web.
http://img79.echo.cx/img79/5849/bleh8pk.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this? Its pretty annoying. :]
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,929
Best answers
0
It means it's time to go back to Firefox! :E
 
Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,034
Best answers
0
Well I liked it...after I downloaded all the plugins that you had to get for everything to display right. This is what Im using for now, I just want it to work right.
 
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
762
Best answers
0
TwisteR said:
Well I liked it...after I downloaded all the plugins that you had to get for everything to display right. This is what Im using for now, I just want it to work right.
You got peer2guardian running?

Sometimes it blocks out images in IE :E.

BTW Smith, Firefox aint that great.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
Devion said:
You got peer2guardian running?

Sometimes it blocks out images in IE :E.

BTW Smith, Firefox aint that great.
Doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, just as long as it keeps doing what it does best, and that's pwning IE. I'm never going back to IE.
 
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
762
Best answers
0
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, just as long as it keeps doing what it does best, and that's pwning IE. I'm never going back to IE.
So is IE ;x

It isnt perfect, but with microsoft antispyware and SP2, spyware are a blast from the past! =]
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
814
Best answers
0
Yeah, IE is far from perfect as far as being HTTP RFC compliant, CSS1/2 compliant, etc.... Don't get me started on standards k

Unauthorized to view this page = 403 error (you have "friendly" error messages enabled in your IE options)

[AD] looks like you have some kind of *** adblocker service running that replaces all images that are hyperlinks with the word [AD].
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top