Internet Explorer 7

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless I am very late, IE 7 was just released today.

It also claims that they have upped their security, but to the people that can actually tell, can its current state compare with Fire Fox's?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Firefox, in my estimation, at least the vanilla version, leaves a lot to be desired for me. All IE needed was to up their security for me to like it.

I bet it's too much of a memory hog for my old comp, though.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use both.
At first I liked EI7 but, switching to FF, everything is faster.
Homepage loads instantly with FF instead of 5+ seconds of a blank screen on EI7.
Tabbing is alright on EI7 I suppose..
Text looks nicer and is also AA'd and you can zoom in..
Still, preformance>looking nice.
FireFox>Internet Explorer.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
I use both.
At first I liked EI7 but, switching to FF, everything is faster.
Homepage loads instantly with FF instead of 5+ seconds of a blank screen on EI7.
Tabbing is alright on EI7 I suppose..
Text looks nicer and is also AA'd and you can zoom in..
Still, preformance>looking nice.
FireFox>Internet Explorer.
I use opera and firefox mainly both are fairly quick.
to speed up that few seconds delay in IE try this:
goto internet properties-> Connections Tab-> under the connections tab goto lan settings and uncheck automatically detect settings, that should give a faster response.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS4 Gogeta said:
I use opera and firefox mainly both are fairly quick.
to speed up that few seconds delay in IE try this:
goto internet properties-> Connections Tab-> under the connections tab goto lan settings and uncheck automatically detect settings, that should give a faster response.
That does jack **** to increase web page rendering speed, stop lying =/. It's just settings related to how your internet connection is configured.

I myself used IE7 for a little bit, it's a lot better then it use to be. However, I'm still a Firefox user at heart, and the final release of 2.0 should be out soon (Using RC3 as of current). I'd miss all my extensions if I went back to the dark side that is Microsoft. Apparently, only vista's version according to earlier news in relation to IE7 will include a anti-phishing filter, something that firefox2 already has. I myself haven't taken the full release for a spin yet, but will when I get home. I have previously used IE7 Beta from a worker's computer in th past, but I closed it in disgust and shoved in my usb key to run portable Firefox.

Now all that needs to be done is to get the majority of computer users around the world that are just average computer users to get use to tabs and other new features etc.

Best answers
Im still gonna stick with FF buth i might recommend this update to several IE fans.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
That does jack **** to increase web page rendering speed, stop lying =/. It's just settings related to how your internet connection is configured.
Thats pretty judgemental, just because somthing may work for one person and doesnt work for another, doesnt make them a lier :\

I wasnt talking about render speeds, in general
Fatal_CobraX said:
Since he said homepage, I assumed that he ment when you first open IE it has a few sec delay while its, "Detecting Proxy settings" if you uncheck automatically detect settings it doesnt take as long to load. My assumption might be wrong, but that what I got from what he said. May depend on centain things I guess. Im just talking from personal experience.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope this IE those not have so much erros like the last one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS4 Gogeta said:
Thats pretty judgemental, just because somthing may work for one person and doesnt work for another, doesnt make them a lier :\

I wasnt talking about render speeds, in general
It's not, it's the truth. Ask anyone else with fairly good computer knowledge and you will get the same answer. To even prove more to your point, page rendering is not any faster depending on those settings.

Best answers
Want more speed in Firefox? Just use the "Fasterfox" Extension and do some tweekin'!
Besides I couldnt go back to Internet explorer, I luff my Extensions to much!
I use: Fasterfox, Adblock Plus!, And Forcasterfox and some others which help with downloading and such.
And Even if Microsoft have upped the Ante with Security on their latest browsers, they are still the larger target for Adaware, Virus, Trojans and hackers, So shouldnt be long till its as bad as IE 6. And I have heard some reports on memory usage, A mate of mine opened 8 tabs in Firfox, and 8 in IE7. IE7's Memory usage was sitting at 100Mb whilst Firefox was at 80Mb, Mind you every computer is different. But The thing that gets me is, Most people have 512Mb of ram or mroe! So why worry about an extra 100Mb going to waste on a browser? Tis' not like your going to be browsing the web while playing a new game that pushes your computer to the max.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Msot Importnat thingy for me was that IE7 now supoorts 24-bit PNG's native like so no more ****ing PNG Fixes all the time. I was working on a project and it gave me the bonkers to fix that all the time :-D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pemalite said:
Want more speed in Firefox? Just use the "Fasterfox" Extension and do some tweekin'!
Besides I couldnt go back to Internet explorer, I luff my Extensions to much!
I use: Fasterfox, Adblock Plus!, And Forcasterfox and some others which help with downloading and such.
And Even if Microsoft have upped the Ante with Security on their latest browsers, they are still the larger target for Adaware, Virus, Trojans and hackers, So shouldnt be long till its as bad as IE 6. And I have heard some reports on memory usage, A mate of mine opened 8 tabs in Firfox, and 8 in IE7. IE7's Memory usage was sitting at 100Mb whilst Firefox was at 80Mb, Mind you every computer is different. But The thing that gets me is, Most people have 512Mb of ram or mroe! So why worry about an extra 100Mb going to waste on a browser? Tis' not like your going to be browsing the web while playing a new game that pushes your computer to the max.
Firefox does have a share of memory leaks mind you, google firefox memory leaks and you'll see a few articles on it.

Best answers
Everyone probably knows about firefox's memory leaks, But there are still ways to speed your internet browsing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom