• Yea HAHA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Shut Up u retard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For as long as I can remember, by Internet connection has had a tendency to fail, unprovoked in regular intervals once or twice a day. For quite a long time, I thought it was my DSL modem needing a refresh-restart, but a recent discovery proved this wrong.

You see, whenever this would happen, I would try to re-establish the connection by restarting the modem, and it always worked. However, just the other day when I had this problem, I went to restart the modem and saw my Mom browsing on the other computer unhindered, still with 100% Internet access. Therefore, I know my problem is isolated in MY computer.

I really don't know why this happens and I would be very appreciative of anyone who might understand exactly what is going on. It's not the end of the world if it's not fixed, but it's more than a little annoying to be browsing, click a link and feel a sinking feeling as the browser fights an uphill battle to connect to the website and then presents you with the dreaded error 404 message.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you use Vista?

Because my other laptop with Vista looses the connection too..
No, XP Media Center Edition. I won't even touch Vista till it's bugs are fixed and people are reportedly satisfied.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What about your network cable? Or are you using Wireless?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use wireless, but this was a problem long before I switched to a wireless connection from a direct ethernet connection.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I use wireless, but this was a problem long before I switched to a wireless connection from a direct ethernet connection.
Then the wireless may be the problem. Hence I no longer use Wireless, it sucks :p. Either way, you could try switching back to normal network cable to see if the problem is still there. If you had a problem in the past with it, try a different network card.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, like I said, this was a problem BEFORE the wireless, so it's not the wireless that's the issue. But anyway, where in the computer do I find the network card? The only thing I see inside the case (right now) that fit your description is the default 56k card/modem that serves no purpose on my computer (uses a default phone-line cable; unused), and my wireless adapter card, but we already establsihed this not being a wireless issue.

I can only assume it's intigrated into the motherboard. For reference, my PC is the HP a1250n model (with many additions and upgrades).

Sound Artist
Best answers
ADSL/DSL strives from your telephone line, most of which is aerial. It's possible there are faults on your line, which usually causes line noise(especially when theres moisture involved). Probably wasn't noticeable because your telephone actually uses a small amount of the total frequency in your telephone line. Call your telephone provider and have them do a line test. Intermittent drops in connection usually go hand in hand with intermittent weather =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom