Internet Browser Freezes on Videos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whenever I try to watch a video on youtube, or anything my browser locks up and freezes.

After that the browser usually wont open back up again and I have to restart my computer.

I use firefox, but internet explorer does the same thing. I cant remember if i downloaded or changed something that started this problem, one day I just couldnt watch any videos.

It's not just youtube videos, its anything, even if it some sort of add with a video on it it will still freeze the browser.

Anyone have any advice?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Youtube and a lot of adds make use of the flash plugin which would also affect multiple browsers. The problem likely is there, I'd consider seeing if you can re-install it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read that before and reinstalled it. It worked for like 2 minutes then it started again.

Best answers
Ruled out spyware by using any utilities like Spybot S&D or hijack this and then submitting a log? Tried reinstalling flash player or any of your browsers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt try reinstalling the browsers. I believe its a problem with flash that adobe say's there addressing.

I use AVG and add aware they work pretty good, nothing comes up.

Best answers
I didnt try reinstalling the browsers. I believe its a problem with flash that adobe say's there addressing.

I use AVG and add aware they work pretty good, nothing comes up.
You should at least try analysis using multiple tools to increase your chances of fixing it. It's defiantly not normal for it to be happening

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its a flash player problem.

When I reinstall it, videos will play for a few minutes, then freeze, lock up my browser then i have to end the program blah blah.

Then when I go to add remove programs flash player has a little red X in the top right corner of it.

any suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its a flash player problem.

When I reinstall it, videos will play for a few minutes, then freeze, lock up my browser then i have to end the program blah blah.

Then when I go to add remove programs flash player has a little red X in the top right corner of it.

any suggestions?
If adobe is trying to fix it now, it means it has something to do with the current version.
Maybe you could try to find an older version of the flash plug-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom